- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 520104, 9 pages
Improved Thermally Grown Oxide Scale in Air Plasma Sprayed NiCrAlY/Nano-YSZ Coatings
Department of Materials, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 81310 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Received 26 December 2012; Accepted 13 February 2013
Academic Editor: Fathallah Karimzadeh
Copyright © 2013 Mohammadreza Daroonparvar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. R. Chen, X. Wu, B. R. Marple, and P. C. Patnaik, “Oxidation and crack nucleation/growth in an air-plasma-sprayed thermal barrier coating with NiCrAlY bond coat,” Surface & Coatings Technology, vol. 197, no. 1, pp. 109–115, 2005.
- A. G. Evans, D. R. Mumm, J. W. Hutchinson, G. H. Meier, and F. S. Pettit, “Mechanisms controlling the durability of thermal barrier coatings,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 505–553, 2001.
- M. Saremi, A. Keyvani, and M. H. Sohi, “Hot corrosion resistance and mechanical behavior of atmospheric plasma sprayed conventional and nanostructured zirconia coatings,” International Journal of Modern Physics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 720–727, 2012.
- Y. Bai, Z. H. Han, H. Q. Li et al., “High performance nanostructured ZrO2 based thermal barrier coatings deposited by high efficiency supersonic plasma spraying,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 16, pp. 7210–7216, 2011.
- W. R. Chen, X. Wu, B. R. Marple, R. S. Lima, and P. C. Patnaik, “Pre-oxidation and TGO growth behaviour of an air-plasma-sprayed thermal barrier coating,” Surface & Coatings Technology, vol. 202, no. 16, pp. 3787–3796, 2008.
- L. Y. Ni, C. Liu, H. Huang, and C. G. Zhou, “Thermal cycling behavior of thermal barrier coatings with HVOF NiCrAlY bond coat,” Thermal Spray Technology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1133–1138, 2011.
- W. R. Chen, X. Wu, D. Dudzinski, and P. C. Patnaik, “Modification of oxide layer in plasma-sprayed thermal barrier coatings,” Surface & Coatings Technology, vol. 200, no. 20-21, pp. 5863–5868, 2006.
- A. Rabiei and A. G. Evans, “Failure mechanisms associated with the thermally grown oxide in plasma-sprayed thermal barrier coatings,” Acta Materialia, vol. 48, no. 15, pp. 3963–3976, 2000.
- N. Wang, C. Zhou, S. Gong, and H. Xu, “Heat treatment of nanostructured thermal barrier coating,” Ceramics International, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1075–1081, 2007.
- Y. Zeng, S. W. Lee, L. Gao, and C. X. Ding, “Atmospheric plasma sprayed coatings of nanostructured zirconia,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 347–351, 2002.
- H. Zhou, F. Li, B. He, J. Wang, and B. D. Sun, “Nanostructured yttria stabilized zirconia coatings deposited by air plasma spraying,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 389–393, 2007.
- M. R. Daroonparvar, M. S. Hussain, and M. M. Mat Yajid, “The role of formation of continues thermally grown oxide layer on the nanostructured NiCrAlY bond coat during thermal exposure in air,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 261, pp. 287–297, 2012.
- Z. Chen, N. Q. Wu, J. Singh, and S. X. Mao, “Effect of Al2O3 overlay on hot-corrosion behavior of yttria-stabilized zirconia coating in molten sulfate-vanadate salt,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 443, no. 1-2, pp. 46–52, 2003.
- M. S. Hussain and M. R. Daroonparvar, “Application of granulated nano Al2O3 powders in thermal barrier coatings at elevated temperatures,” in Proceedings of the International Thermal Spray Conference (ASM International), pp. 200–205, 2012.
- W. R. Chen, X. Wu, B. R. Marple, and P. C. Patnaik, “The growth and influence of thermally grown oxide in a thermal barrier coating,” Surface & Coatings Technology, vol. 201, no. 3-4, pp. 1074–1079, 2006.
- Q. Wei, Z. Yin, and H. Li, “Oxidation control in plasma spraying NiCrCoAlY coating,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 12, pp. 5094–5099, 2012.
- E. A. G. Shillington and D. R. Clarke, “Spalling failure of a thermal barrier coating associated with aluminum depletion in the bond-coat,” Acta Materialia, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1297–1305, 1999.
- A. Keyvani, M. Saremi, and M. H. Sohi, “Oxidation resistance of YSZ-alumina composites compared to normal YSZ TBC coatings at ,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 33, pp. 8370–8377, 2011.
- G. Y. Liang, C. Zhu, X. Y. Wu, and Y. Wu, “The formation model of Ni-Cr oxides on NiCoCrAlY-sprayed coating,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 15, pp. 6468–6473, 2011.
- A. C. Fox and T. W. Clyne, “Oxygen transport by gas permeation through the zirconia layer in plasma sprayed thermal barrier coatings,” Surface & Coatings Technology, vol. 184, no. 2-3, pp. 311–321, 2004.
- C. R. C. Lima, N. Cinca, and J. M. Guilemany, “Study of the high temperature oxidation performance of Thermal Barrier Coatings with HVOF sprayed bond coat and incorporating a PVD ceramic interlayer,” Ceramics International, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 6423–6429, 2012.
- H. Jamali, R. Mozafarinia, R. S. Razavi, and R. A. Pidani, “Comparison of thermal shock resistances of plasma-sprayed nanostructured and conventional yttria stabilized zirconia thermal barrier coatings,” Ceramics International, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 6705–6712, 2012.