- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 530701, 6 pages
A Covalently Imprinted Photonic Crystal for Glucose Sensing
School of Chemical Engineering and Environment, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Received 27 April 2013; Revised 9 June 2013; Accepted 9 June 2013
Academic Editor: Amir Kajbafvala
Copyright © 2013 Fei Xue et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. L. Ellis, R. G. Naik, K. Gemperline, and S. K. Garg, “Use of continuous glucose monitoring in patients with type 1 diabetes,” Current Diabetes Reviews, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 207–217, 2008.
- C. M. Girardin, C. Huot, M. Gonthier, and E. Delvin, “Continuous glucose monitoring: a review of biochemical perspectives and clinical use in type 1 diabetes,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 136–142, 2009.
- G. Bazin and J. X. Zhu, “Glucose-sensitivity of core-shell microspheres and their crystalline colloidal arrays,” Science China Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 65–70, 2013.
- A. L. Secher, L. Ringholm, H. U. Andersen, P. Damm, and E. R. Mathiesen, “The effect of real-time continuous glucose monitoring in diabetic pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial,” Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, vol. 15, pp. A21–A22, 2013.
- N. Mauras, L. Fox, K. Englert, and R. W. Beck, “Continuous glucose monitoring in type 1 diabetes,” Endocrine, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 41–50, 2013.
- S. Cordua, A. L. Secher, L. Ringholm, P. Damm, and E. R. Mathiesen, “Real-time continuous glucose monitoring during delivery in women with type 1 diabetes,” Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, vol. 15, pp. A73–A73, 2013.
- L. Qu, S. Xia, C. Bian, J. Sun, and J. Han, “A micro-potentiometric hemoglobin immunosensor based on electropolymerized polypyrrole-gold nanoparticles composite,” Biosensors & Bioelectronics, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 3419–3424, 2009.
- P. Scodeller, V. Flexer, R. Szamocki et al., “Wired-enzyme core-shell Au nanoparticle biosensor,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 38, pp. 12690–12697, 2008.
- N. Quoc Dung, D. Patil, H. Jung, and D. Kim, “A high-performance nonenzymatic glucose sensor made of CuO-SWCNT nanocomposites,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 42, pp. 280–286, 2013.
- B. S. Der and J. D. Dattelbaum, “Construction of a reagentless glucose biosensor using molecular exciton luminescence,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 375, no. 1, pp. 132–140, 2008.
- O. B. Ayyub, M. B. Ibrahim, R. M. Briber, and P. Kofinas, “Self-assembled block copolymer photonic crystal for selective fructose detection,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 46, pp. 124–129, 2013.
- M. Honda, K. Kataoka, T. Seki, and Y. Takeoka, “Confined stimuli-responsive polymer gel in inverse opal polymer membrane for colorimetric glucose sensor,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 14, pp. 8349–8356, 2009.
- S. A. Asher, V. L. Alexeev, A. V. Goponenko et al., “Photonic crystal carbohydrate sensors: low ionic strength sugar sensing,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 11, pp. 3322–3329, 2003.
- Q. Cui, M. M. Ward Muscatello, and S. A. Asher, “Photonic crystal borax competitive binding carbohydrate sensing motif,” Analyst, vol. 134, no. 5, pp. 875–880, 2009.
- V. L. Alexeev, A. C. Sharma, A. V. Goponenko et al., “High ionic strength glucose-sensing photonic crystal,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 75, no. 10, pp. 2316–2323, 2003.
- M. Kamenjicki and S. A. Asher, “Epoxide functionalized polymerized crystalline colloidal arrays,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 106, no. 1, pp. 373–377, 2005.
- G. Wulff, “Molecular imprinting in cross-linked materials with the aid of molecular templates—a way towards artificial antibodies,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition in English, vol. 34, no. 17, pp. 1812–1832, 1995.
- C. Baggiani, C. Giovannoli, L. Anfossi, C. Passini, P. Baravalle, and G. Giraudi, “A Connection between the binding properties of imprinted and nonimprinted polymers: a change of perspective in molecular imprinting,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 134, no. 3, pp. 1513–1518, 2012.
- G. Chen, Z. Guan, C.-T. Chen, L. Fu, V. Sundaresan, and F. H. Arnold, “A glucose-sensing polymer,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 354–357, 1997.
- C. Malitesta, I. Losito, and P. G. Zambonin, “Molecularly imprinted electrosynthesized polymers: new materials for biomimetic sensors,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 71, no. 7, pp. 1366–1370, 1999.
- W. Wu, J. Shen, Y. Li, H. Zhu, P. Banerjee, and S. Zhou, “Specific glucose-to-SPR signal transduction at physiological pH by molecularly imprinted responsive hybrid microgels,” Biomaterials, vol. 33, no. 29, pp. 7115–7125, 2012.
- W. Zhu, S. Tao, C.-A. Tao et al., “Hierarchically imprinted porous films for rapid and selective detection of explosives,” Langmuir, vol. 27, no. 13, pp. 8451–8457, 2011.
- D. Xu, W. Zhu, Y. Jiang et al., “Rational design of molecularly imprinted photonic films assisted by chemometrics,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 32, pp. 16572–16581, 2012.
- X. Hu, G. Li, J. Huang, D. Zhang, and Y. Qiu, “Construction of self-reporting specific chemical sensors with high sensitivity,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, no. 24, pp. 4327–4332, 2007.
- X. Hu, G. Li, M. Li et al., “Ultrasensitive specific stimulant assay based on molecularly imprinted photonic hydrogels,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 575–583, 2008.
- J. C. Lytle, H. Yan, N. S. Ergang, W. H. Smyrl, and A. Stein, “Structural and electrochemical properties of three-dimensionally ordered macroporous tin(IV) oxide films,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1616–1622, 2004.
- T. Tanrisever, O. Okay, and I. Ç. Sönmezoǧlu, “Kinetics of emulsifier-free emulsion polymerization of methyl methacrylate,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 485–493, 1996.
- Y.-J. Lee, S. A. Pruzinsky, and P. V. Braun, “Glucose-sensitive inverse opal hydrogels: analysis of optical diffraction response,” Langmuir, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 3096–3106, 2004.
- C. Ancla, V. Lapeyre, I. Gosse, B. Catargi, and V. Ravaine, “Designed glucose-responsive microgels with selective shrinking behavior,” Langmuir, vol. 27, no. 20, pp. 12693–12701, 2011.