- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 568175, 8 pages
Electrical Characterization of Nanopolyaniline/Porous Silicon Heterojunction at High Temperatures
1Department of Optical Science and Technology, The University of Tokushima, 2-1 Minamijosanjima-cho, Tokushima, Tokushima 770-8506, Japan
2Energy Materials Laboratory, Physics Department, School of Sciences and Engineering, The American University in Cairo, New Cairo 11835, Egypt
Received 28 June 2012; Revised 21 January 2013; Accepted 29 January 2013
Academic Editor: Xuedong Bai
Copyright © 2013 Salah E. El-Zohary et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. G. MacDiarmid, “Synthetic metals: a novel role for organic polymers,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 11–22, 2002.
- E. T. Kang, K. G. Neoh, and K. L. Tan, “Polyaniline: a polymer with many interesting intrinsic redox states,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 277–324, 1998.
- H. Namazi, R. Kabiri, and A. Entezami, “Determination of extremely low percolation threshold electroactivity of the blend polyvinyl chloride/polyaniline doped with camphorsulfonic acid by cyclic voltammetry method,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 771–777, 2002.
- A. G. MacDiarmid, S.-L. Mu, N. L. D. Somasiri, and W. Wu, “Electrochemical characteristics of “polyaniline” cathodes and anodes in aqueous electrolytes,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, vol. 121, pp. 187–190, 1985.
- P. Novák, K. Müller, K. S. Santhanam, and O. Haas, “Electrochemically active polymers for rechargeable batteries,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 207–282, 1997.
- C. D. Batich, H. A. Laitinen, and H. C. Zhou, “Chromatic changes in polyaniline films,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 883–885, 1990.
- S. A. Sapp, G. A. Sotzing, and J. R. Reynolds, “High contrast ratio and fast-switching dual polymer electrochromic devices,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 2101–2108, 1998.
- Y. H. Dong and S. L. Mu, “Photoelectrochemical behaviour of polyaniline affected by potentials and pH of solutions,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. 2015–2018, 1991.
- J. Jang, J. Ha, and K. Kim, “Organic light-emitting diode with polyaniline-poly(styrene sulfonate) as a hole injection layer,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 10, pp. 3152–3156, 2008.
- S. A. Chen, K. R. Chuang, C. I. Chao, and H. T. Lee, “White-light emission from electroluminescence diode with polyaniline as the emitting layer,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 207–210, 1996.
- Q. Li, J. Wu, Q. Tang et al., “Application of microporous polyaniline counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1299–1302, 2008.
- S. X. Tan, J. Zhai, M. X. Wan, L. Jiang, and D. B. Zhu, “Polyaniline as a hole transport material to prepare solid solar cells,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 137, no. 1–3, pp. 1511–1512, 2003.
- X. Zhang, W. J. Goux, and S. K. Manohar, “Synthesis of polyaniline nanofibers by “nanofiber seeding”,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 14, pp. 4502–4503, 2004.
- Y. Wang and X. Jing, “Intrinsically conducting polymers for electromagnetic interference shielding,” Polymers for Advanced Technologies, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 344–351, 2005.
- F. Wiznerowicz, “Conductive polymers instead of carbon black?” Wire, vol. 44, no. 1, p. 102, 1994.
- M. Gerard, A. Chaubey, and B. D. Malhotra, “Application of conducting polymers to biosensors,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 345–359, 2002.
- R. N. Silva, E. R. Asquieri, and K. F. Fernandes, “Immobilization of Aspergillus niger glucoamylase onto a polyaniline polymer,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 40, no. 3-4, pp. 1155–1159, 2005.
- D. E. Tallman, G. Spinks, A. Dominis, and G. G. Wallace, “Electroactive conducting polymers for corrosion control: part 1. General introduction and a review of non-ferrous metals,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 73–84, 2002.
- A. Kalendová, D. Veselý, J. Stejskal, and M. Trchová, “Anticorrosion properties of inorganic pigments surface-modified with a polyaniline phosphate layer,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 209–221, 2008.
- J. C. Chiang and A. G. MacDiarmid, ““Polyaniline”: protonic acid doping of the emeraldine form to the metallic regime,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 13, no. 1–3, pp. 193–205, 1986.
- D. Zhang and Y. Y. Wang, “Synthesis and applications of one-dimensional nano-structured polyaniline: an overview,” Materials Science and Engineering: B, vol. 134, pp. 9–19, 2006.
- J. Huang, S. Virji, B. H. Weiller, and R. B. Kaner, “Polyaniline nanofibers: facile synthesis and chemical sensors,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 314–315, 2003.
- J. X. Huang and R. B. Kaner, “Nanofiber formation in the chemical polymerization of aniline: a mechanistic study,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 116, no. 43, pp. 5941–5945, 2004.
- S. E. Moulton, P. C. Innis, L. A. P. Kane-Maguire, O. Ngamna, and G. G. Wallace, “Polymerisation and characterisation of conducting polyaniline nanoparticle dispersions,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 4, no. 2–4, pp. 402–406, 2004.
- M. Mynbaeva, A. Sitnikova, A. Tregubova, and K. Mynbaev, “HVPE GaN growth on porous SiC with closed surface porosity,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 303, no. 2, pp. 472–479, 2007.
- A. A. M. Farag, A. Ashery, and F. S. Terra, “Fabrication and electrical characterization of n-InSb on porous Si heterojunctions prepared by liquid phase epitaxy,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 253–260, 2008.
- S. R. Forrest, M. L. Kaplan, and P. H. Schmidt, “Organic-on-inorganic semiconductor contact barrier diodes. I. Theory with applications to organic thin films and prototype devices,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 1492–1507, 1984.
- P. Kumar, S. Adhikari, and P. Banerji, “Fabrication and characterization of polyaniline/porous silicon heterojunction,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 160, no. 13-14, pp. 1507–1512, 2010.
- W. Wang and E. A. Schiff, “Polyaniline on crystalline silicon heterojunction solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 13, Article ID 133504, 3 pages, 2007.
- E. A. T. Dirani, R. K. Onmori, C. A. Olivati, R. M. Faria, and A. M. Andrade, “Study of heterojunction diodes using POMA/PANI and amorphous/microcrystalline silicon structures,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 121, no. 1–3, pp. 1545–1546, 2001.
- N. Chiboub, R. Boukherroub, N. Gabouze et al., “Covalent grafting of polyaniline onto aniline-terminated porous silicon,” Optical Materials, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 748–752, 2010.
- C. A. Betty, “Highly sensitive capacitive immunosensor based on porous silicon-polyaniline structure: bias dependence on specificity,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 338–343, 2009.
- J. Fan, M. Wan, and D. Zhu, “Studies on the rectifying effect of the heterojunction between porous silicon and water-soluble copolymer of polyaniline,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 119–124, 1998.
- Ş. Aydoğan, M. Sağlam, and A. Türüt, “On the barrier inhomogeneities of polyaniline/p-Si/Al structure at low temperature,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 250, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2005.
- Y. Guo and Y. Zhou, “Polyaniline nanofibers fabricated by electrochemical polymerization: a mechanistic study,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 2292–2297, 2007.
- N. J. Pinto, I. Ramos, R. Rojas, P. C. Wang, and A. T. Johnson, “Electric response of isolated electrospun polyaniline nanofibers to vapors of aliphatic alcohols,” Sensors & Actuators B, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 621–627, 2008.
- Z. Wang, M. Chen, and H. L. Li, “Preparation and characterization of uniform polyaniline nano-fibrils using the anodic aluminum oxide template,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 328, no. 1, pp. 33–38, 2002.
- Z. Zhang, J. Deng, and M. Wan, “Highly crystalline and thin polyaniline nanofibers oxidized by ferric chloride,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 275–279, 2009.
- R. T. Tung, “Electron transport of inhomogeneous Schottky barriers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 58, no. 24, pp. 2821–2823, 1991.
- C. Coskun, M. Biber, and H. Efeoglu, “Temperature dependence of current-voltage characteristics of Sn/p-GaTe Schottky diodes,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 211, no. 1–4, pp. 360–366, 2003.
- J. H. Werner and H. H. Güttler, “Barrier inhomogeneities at Schottky contacts,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 1522–1533, 1991.
- C. A. Dimitriadis, S. Logothetidis, and I. Alexandrou, “Schottky barrier contacts of titanium nitride on n-type silicon,” Applied Physics Letters, p. 502, 1995.
- Ş. Aydoǧan, M. Saǧlam, and A. Türüt, “Some electrical properties of polyaniline/p-Si/Al structure at 300 K and 77 K temperatures,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 278–283, 2008.
- M. Pattabi, S. Krishnan, Ganesh, and X. Mathew, “Effect of temperature and electron irradiation on the I-V characteristics of Au/CdTe Schottky diodes,” Solar Energy, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 111–116, 2007.
- D. T. Quan and H. Hbib, “High barrier height Au/n-type InP Schottky contacts with a POxNyHz interfacial layer,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 339–344, 1993.
- A. Gümüş, A. Türüt, and N. Yalçin, “Temperature dependent barrier characteristics of CrNiCo alloy Schottky contacts on n-type molecular-beam epitaxy GaAs,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 245–250, 2002.
- N. Tuǧluoǧlu, S. Karadeniz, M. Şahin, and H. Şafak, “Temperature dependence of current-voltage characteristics of Ag/p-SnSe Schottky diodes,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 233, no. 1–4, pp. 320–327, 2004.