- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 587036, 6 pages
Broadband Near-Infrared Quantum Cutting in Metal-Ion Codoped Y3Al5O12 Thin Films Grown by Pulsed-Laser Deposition for Solar Cell Application
Department of Applied Physics and Materials Research Centre, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Received 21 February 2013; Accepted 6 March 2013
Academic Editor: Feng Yan
Copyright © 2013 Mei Kwan Lau and Jianhua Hao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. L. Dexter, “Possibility of luminescent quantum yields greater than unity,” Physical Review, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 630–633, 1957.
- C. Strumpel, M. McCann, G. Beaucarne et al., “Modifying the solar spectrum to enhance silicon solar cell efficiency: an overview of available materials,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 238–249, 2007.
- T. Trupke, M. A. Green, and P. Wurfel, “Improving solar cell efficiencies by down-conversion of high-energy photons,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 92, no. 3, p. 1668, 2002.
- B. M. van der Ende, L. Aarts, and A. Meijerink, “Near-infrared quantum cutting for photovoltaics,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 30, pp. 3073–3077, 2009.
- X. Liu, T. Yu, Y. Zhuang et al., “Broadband conversion of visible light to near-infrared emission by Ce3+, Yb3+-codoped yttrium aluminum garnet,” Optics Letters, vol. 34, no. 22, pp. 3565–3567, 2009.
- S. Zhou, N. Jiang, B. Wu, J. Hao, and J. Qiu, “Ligand-driven wavelength-tunable and ultra-broadband infrared luminescence in single-ion-doped transparent hybrid materials,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 19, no. 13, pp. 2081–2088, 2009.
- H. Lin, S. M. Zhou, and H. Teng, “Near infrared quantum cutting in heavy Yb doped Ce0. 03Yb3xY(2. 97-3x)Al5O12transparent ceramics for crystalline silicon solar cells,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 4, Article ID 043107, 2010.
- D. Q. Chen, Y. S. Wang, Y. L. Yu, P. Huang, and F. Y. Weng, “Near-infrared quantum cutting in transparent nanostructured glass ceramics,” Optics Letters, vol. 33, no. 16, pp. 1884–1886, 2008.
- Z. L. Wang, J. H. Hao, and H. L. W. Chan, “Down- and up-conversion photoluminescence, cathodoluminescence and paramagnetic properties of NaGdF4:Yb3+, Er3+submicron disks assembled from primary nanocrystals,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 16, pp. 3178–3185, 2010.
- H. T. Wong, H. L. W. Chan, and J. H. Hao, “Magnetic and luminescent properties of multifunctional GdF3:Eu3+nanoparticles,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 2, Article ID 022512, 3 pages, 2009.
- J. H. Hao, J. Gao, Z. Wang, and D. P. Yu, “Interface structure and phase of epitaxial SrTiO3(110) thin films grown directly on silicon,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 12, Article ID 131908, 3 pages, 2005.
- J. S. Wu, C. L. Jia, K. Urban, J. H. Hao, and X. X. Xi, “Microstructure and misfit relaxation in SrTiO3/SrRuO3bilayer films on LaAlO3(100) substrates,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 3443–3450, 2001.
- G. Özen, O. Forte, and B. Di Bartolo, “Downconversion and upconversion dynamics in Pr-doped Y3Al5O12 crystals,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 1, Article ID 013510, pp. 013510–5, 2005.
- J. D. Chen, Hai Guo, Q. L. Zheng, and Y. X. Zhuang, “Near-infrared quantum cutting in Ce3+, Yb3+co-doped YBO3 phosphors by cooperative energy transfer,” Optical Materials, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 998–1001, 2010.
- P. Vergeer, T. J. H. Vlugt, M. H. F. Kox, M. I. Den Hertog, J. P. J. M. Van Der Herden, and A. Meijerink, “Quantum cutting by cooperative energy transfer in YbxY1-xPO4:Tb3+,” Physical Review B, vol. 71, no. 1, Article ID 014119, 11 pages, 2005.
- S. Li, X. Zhang, Z. Hou, Z. Cheng, P. Ma, and J. Lin, “Enhanced emission of ultra-small-sized LaF3:RE3+(RE = Eu, Tb) nanoparticles through 1, 2, 4, 5-benzenetetracarboxylic acid sensitization,” Nanoscale, vol. 4, no. 18, pp. 5619–5626, 2012.