- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 603586, 6 pages
Surface Nanocrystallization of 3Cr13 Stainless Steel Induced by High-Current Pulsed Electron Beam Irradiation
1College of Science, Civil Aviation University of China, Tianjin 300300, China
2School of Materials Science and Engineering, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
Received 7 December 2012; Accepted 1 February 2013
Academic Editor: Kemin Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Zhiyong Han et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. W. Cahn, “Nanostructured materials,” Nature, vol. 348, no. 6300, pp. 389–390, 1990.
- Z. B. Wang, N. R. Tao, W. P. Tong, J. Lu, and K. Lu, “Diffusion of chromium in nanocrystalline iron produced by means of surface mechanical attrition treatment,” Acta Materialia, vol. 51, no. 14, pp. 4319–4329, 2003.
- Z. B. Wang, N. R. Tao, S. Li et al., “Effect of surface nanocrystallization on friction and wear properties in low carbon steel,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 352, no. 1-2, pp. 144–149, 2003.
- C. H. Chen, R. M. Ren, X. J. Zhao, and Y. J. Zhang, “Surface nanostructures in commercial pure Ti induced by high energy shot peening,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 215–218, 2004.
- X. Wu, N. Tao, Y. Hong, B. Xu, J. Lu, and K. Lu, “Microstructure and evolution of mechanically-induced ultrafine grain in surface layer of AL-alloy subjected to USSP,” Acta Materialia, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 2075–2084, 2002.
- M. Sato, N. Tsuji, Y. Minamino, and Y. Koizumi, “Formation of nanocrystalline surface layers in various metallic materials by near surface severe plastic deformation,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 5, no. 1-2, pp. 145–152, 2004.
- A. D. Pogrebnjak, V. S. Ladysev, N. A. Pogrebnjak, et al., “Comparison of radiation damage and mechanical and tribological properties of α-Fe exposed to intense pulsed electron and ion beams,” Vacuum, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 45–52, 2000.
- L. E. Xiaoyun, Y. Sha, Z. Weijiang, H. Baoxi, W. Yugang, and X. Jianming, “Computer simulation of thermal-mechanical effects of high intensity pulsed ion beams on a metal surface,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 128-129, no. 1, pp. 381–386, 2000.
- J. X. Zou, T. Grosdidier, K. M. Zhang, and C. Dong, “Mechanisms of nanostructure and metastable phase formations in the surface melted layers of a HCPEB-treated D2 steel,” Acta Materialia, vol. 54, no. 20, pp. 5409–5419, 2006.
- K. M. Zhang, J. X. Zou, T. Grosdidier, and C. Dong, “Crater-formation-induced metastable structure in an AISI D2 steel treated with a pulsed electron beam,” Vacuum, vol. 86, no. 9, pp. 1273–1277, 2012.
- J. X. Zou, K. M. Zhang, S. Z. Hao, C. Dong, and T. Grosdidier, “Mechanisms of hardening, wear and corrosion improvement of 316 L stainless steel by low energy high current pulsed electron beam surface treatment,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, no. 4, pp. 1404–1415, 2010.
- K. M. Zhang, J. X. Zou, B. Bolle, and T. Grosdidier, “Evolution of residual stress states in surface layers of an AISI D2 steel treated by low energy high current pulsed electron beam,” Vaccum, vol. 87, pp. 60–68, 2013.
- K. M. Zhang, J. X. Zou, T. Grosdidier, and C. Dong, “Microstructure and property modifications of an AISI H13 (4Cr5MoSiV) steel induced by pulsed electron beam treatment,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1349–1355, 2010.
- Y. Qin, X. G. Wang, C. Dong et al., “Temperature field and formation of crater on the surface induced by high current pulsed electron beam bombardment,” Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 3043–3048, 2003.
- J. X. Zou, T. Grosdidier, K. M. Zhang, B. Gao, S. Z. Hao, and C. Dong, “Microstructures and phase formations in the surface layer of an AISI D2 steel treated with pulsed electron beam,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 434-435, pp. 707–709, 2007.
- G. Stähli and C. Sturzenegger, “On the formation of austentic boundary layers by short laser-pulse reaction with steel,” Scripta Metallurgica, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 617–622, 1978.
- V. P. Rotshtein, D. I. Proskurovsky, G. E. Ozur, Y. U. F. Ivanov, and A. B. Markov, “Surface modification and alloying of metallic materials with low-energy high-current electron beams,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 180-181, pp. 377–381, 2004.
- G. Z. Tang, F. J. Xu, G. H. Fan, X. X. Ma, and L. Q. Wang, “Mechanisms of microstructure formations in M50 steel melted layer by high current pulsed electron beam,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B, vol. 288, pp. 1–5, 2012.
- A. Bardenshtein, L. Bushnev, E. Dudarev, A. Markov, and V. Rotshtein, “Thermal stresses and twinning in thin copper samples irradiated with a high-current electron beam,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Congress on Radiation Physics, High Current Electronics and Modification of Materials, vol. 3, pp. 43–52, Tomsk, Russia, 2000.
- Q. F. Guan, Q. Y. Zhang, C. Dong, and G. T. Zou, “Deformation twining in single-crystal aluminum induced by high-current pulsed electron beam,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 40, no. 18, pp. 5049–5052, 2005.