- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 621531, 10 pages
Advances in Optical and Magnetooptical Scatterometry of Periodically Ordered Nanostructured Arrays
Institute of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Ke Karlovu 5, 12116 Prague, Czech Republic
Received 26 November 2012; Accepted 27 December 2012
Academic Editor: Yue Li
Copyright © 2013 Martin Veis and Roman Antos. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Lu and R. H. Lipson, “Interference lithography: a powerful tool for fabricating periodic structures,” Laser & Photonics Reviews, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 568–580, 2010.
- S. Brose, S. Danylyuk, L. Juschkin et al., “Broadband transmission masks, gratings and filters for extreme ultraviolet and soft X-ray lithography,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 520, no. 15, pp. 5080–5085, 2012.
- H. Liu, M. Klonowski, D. Kneeburg, G. Dahlen, M. Osborn, and T. Bao, “Advanced atomic force microscopy probes: wear resistant designs,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 3090–3093, 2005.
- G. Dahlen, M. Osborn, N. Okulan, W. Foreman, A. Chand, and J. Foucher, “Tip characterization and surface reconstruction of complex structures with critical dimension atomic force microscopy,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 2297–2303, 2005.
- J. Thiault, J. Foucher, J. H. Tortai, O. Joubert, S. Landis, and S. Pauliac, “Line edge roughness characterization with a three-dimensional atomic force microscope: transfer during gate patterning processes,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 3075–3079, 2005.
- Y. Ma and F. Cerrina, “Effect of a surface inhibition layer on line edge roughness,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 1096–1101, 2005.
- R. A. M. Azzam and N. M. Bashara, Ellipsometry and Polarized Light, North Holland Publishing, North-Holland, The Netherlands, 1977.
- R. Antos, J. Pistora, J. Mistrik et al., “Convergence properties of critical dimension measurements by spectroscopic ellipsometry on gratings made of various materials,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 100, no. 5, Article ID 054906, 2006.
- R. Antos, J. Mistrik, T. Yamaguchi, S. Visnovsky, S. O. Demokritov, and B. Hillebrands, “Evidence of native oxides on the capping and substrate of permalloy gratings by magneto-optical spectroscopy in the zeroth- and first-diffraction orders,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 23, Article ID 231101, 3 pages, 2005.
- R. Antos, J. Mistrik, T. Yamaguchi, S. Visnovsky, S. O. Demokritov, and B. Hillebrands, “Evaluation of the quality of permalloy gratings by diffracted magneto-optical spectroscopy,” Optics Express, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 4651–4656, 2005.
- S. Visnovsky, Optics in Magnetic Multilayers and Nanostructures, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2006.
- R. Antoš, J. Mistrík, M. Aoyama, T. Yamaguchi, S. Visnovsky, and B. Hillebrands, “Magneto-optical spectroscopy on permalloy wires in 0th and 1st diffraction orders,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 272, part 3, supplement 1, pp. 1670–1671, 2004.
- P. Vincent, “A finite-difference method for dielectric and conducting crossed gratings,” Optics Communications, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 293–296, 1978.
- T. Delort and D. Maystre, “Finite-element method for gratings,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 2592–2601, 1993.
- H. Ichikawa, “Electromagnetic analysis of diffraction gratings by the finite-difference time-domain method,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 152–157, 1998.
- S. D. Wu and E. N. Glytsis, “Volume holographic grating couplers: rigorous analysis by use of the finite-difference frequency-domain method,” Applied Optics, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 1009–1023, 2004.
- A. Modinos, N. Stefanou, and V. Yannopapas, “Applications of the layer-KKR method to photonic crystals,” Optics Express, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 197–202, 2001.
- F. Zolla and R. Petit, “Method of fictitious sources as applied to the electromagnetic diffraction of a plane wave by a grating in conical diffraction mounts,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 796–802, 1996.
- O. P. Bruno and F. Reitich, “Numerical solution of diffraction problems: a method of variation of boundaries,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1168–1175, 1993.
- R. Petit, Ed., Electromagnetic Theory of Gratings, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1980.
- E. G. Loewen and E. Popov, Diffraction Gratings and Applications, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- L. Li and J. Chandezon, “Improvement of the coordinate transformation method for surface-relief gratings with sharp edges,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 2247–2255, 1996.
- M. G. Moharam and T. K. Gaylord, “Rigorous coupled-wave analysis of planar-grating diffraction,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 71, no. 7, pp. 811–818, 1981.
- H. Kogelnik, “Coupled wave theory for thick hologram gratings,” The Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 2909–2947, 1969.
- N. P. K. Cotter, T. W. Preist, and J. R. Sambles, “Scattering-matrix approach to multilayer diffraction,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1097–1103, 1995.
- P. Lalanne and G. M. Morris, “Highly improved convergence of the coupled-wave method for TM polarization,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 779–784, 1996.
- P. Lalanne, “Convergence performance of the coupled-wave and the differential methods for thin gratings,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1583–1591, 1997.
- P. Lalanne, “Improved formulation of the coupled-wave method for two-dimensional gratings,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1592–1598, 1997.
- L. Li, “Use of Fourier series in the analysis of discontinuous periodic structures,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 1870–1876, 1996.
- R. Antos, “Fourier factorization with complex polarization bases in modeling optics of discontinuous bi-periodic structures,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 7269–7274, 2009.
- G. Granet, “Reformulation of the lamellar grating problem through the concept of adaptive spatial resolution,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 2510–2516, 1999.
- H. T. Huang and F. L. Terry Jr., “Spectroscopic ellipsometry and reflectometry from gratings (Scatterometry) for critical dimension measurement and in situ, real-time process monitoring,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 455-456, no. 1-2, pp. 828–836, 2004.
- T. H. Ghong, J. S. Byun, S. H. Han, J. M. Chung, and Y. D. Kim, “Analysis of 2D periodic nanostructures with an oxide overlayer via spectroscopic ellipsometry,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 11, supplement I, no. 7, pp. 6514–6517, 2011.
- Z. Yu, J. Hwu, Y. Liu, G. Gauzner, K. Lee, and D. Kuo, “Study of spin-coated resist coverage on nanoscale topography using spectroscopic ellipsometry,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 110, no. 1, Article ID 014303, 2011.
- R. Antos, I. Ohlidal, J. Mistrik et al., “Spectroscopic ellipsometry on lamellar gratings,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 244, no. 1–4, pp. 225–229, 2005.
- R. Antos, J. Pistora, I. Ohlidal et al., “Specular spectroscopic ellipsometry for the critical dimension monitoring of gratings fabricated on a thick transparent plate,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 5, Article ID 053107, 7 pages, 2005.
- T. J. Kim, S. H. Han, T. H. Ghong, J. S. Byun, J. M. Chung, and Y. D. Kim, “Study on an asymmetric nanostructure by using a rigorous coupled-wave analysis,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 56, no. 41, pp. 1278–1281, 2010.
- E. Liu and F. L. Terry Jr., “Immersion scatterometry for improved nano-scale topography measurements,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, no. 4, pp. 784–788, 2008.
- M. Schubert, “Generalized ellipsometry and complex optical systems,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 313-314, pp. 323–332, 1998.
- L. Halagačka, K. Postava, M. Foldyna, and J. Pištora, “Precise phase-modulation generalized ellipsometry of anisotropic samples,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, no. 4, pp. 752–755, 2008.
- M. Foldyna, A. De Martino, E. Garcia-Caurel et al., “Monitoring critical dimensions of bidimensional gratings by spectroscopic ellipsometry and mueller polarimetry,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, no. 4, pp. 806–809, 2008.
- M. Foldyna, A. De Martino, E. Garcia-Caurel et al., “Critical dimension of biperiodic gratings determined by spectral ellipsometry and Mueller matrix polarimetry,” The European Physical Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 351–359, 2008.
- M. Foldyna, T. A. Germer, B. C. Bergner, and R. G. Dixson, “Generalized ellipsometry of artificially designed line width roughness,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, supplement 1, no. 9, pp. 2633–2636, 2011.
- R. Antos, M. Veis, E. Liskova et al., “Optical metrology of patterned magnetic structures: deep versus shallow gratings,” in Metrology, Inspection, and Process Control for Microlithography XIX, vol. 5752 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1050–1059, San Jose, Calif, USA, March 2005.
- G. Neuber, R. Rauer, J. Kunze et al., “Temperature-dependent spectral generalized magneto-optical ellipsometry,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 22, pp. 4509–4511, 2003.
- J. I. Martin, J. Nogues, K. Liu, J. L. Vicent, and I. K. Schuller, “Ordered magnetic nanostructures: fabrication and properties,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 256, no. 1–3, pp. 449–501, 2003.
- M. Grimsditch and P. Vavassori, “The diffracted magneto-optic Kerr effect: what does it tell you?” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. R275–R294, 2004.
- W. K. Hiebert, A. Stankiewicz, and M. R. Freeman, “Direct observation of magnetic relaxation in a small permalloy disk by time-resolved scanning Kerr microscopy,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 1134–1137, 1997.
- T. Shinjo, T. Okuno, R. Hassdorf, K. Shigeto, and T. Ono, “Magnetic vortex core observation in circular dots of permalloy,” Science, vol. 289, no. 5481, pp. 930–932, 2000.
- A. Wachowiak, J. Wiebe, M. Bode, O. Pietzsch, M. Morgenstern, and R. Wiesendanger, “Direct observation of internal spin structure of magnetic vortex cores,” Science, vol. 298, no. 5593, pp. 577–580, 2002.
- J. B. Kim, Y. H. Lu, M. H. Cho et al., “Diffracted magneto-optical Kerr effect of a Ni magnetic grating,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 106, no. 9, Article ID 093103, 2009.
- A. Neudert, J. McCord, R. Schäfer, and L. Schultz, “Subnanosecond vortex transformation in ferromagnetic film elements observed by stroboscopic wide-field Kerr microscopy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 10, part 2, Article ID 10E701, 3 pages, 2005.
- K. Rokushima and J. Yamakita, “Analysis of anisotropic dielectric gratings,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 73, no. 7, pp. 901–908, 1983.
- S. Visnovsky and K. Yasumoto, “Multilayer anisotropic bi-periodic diffraction gratings,” Czechoslovak Journal of Physics, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 229–247, 2001.
- M. H. Cho, Y. Lu, J. Y. Rhee, and Y. P. Lee, “Rigorous approach on diffracted magneto-optical effects from polar and longitudinal gyrotropic gratings,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 21, pp. 16825–16839, 2008.
- M. H. Cho, H. Zheng, Y. Lu, Y. Lee, and W. Cai, “Improved rigorous coupled-wave analysis for polar magnetic gratings,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 360–365, 2011.