- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 621929, 4 pages
Facile Synthesis of Fe-Doped Titanate Nanotubes with Enhanced Photocatalytic Activity for Castor Oil Oxidation
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
Received 13 December 2012; Accepted 31 December 2012
Academic Editor: Shao-Wen Cao
Copyright © 2013 Guozhu Fu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. X. Gao, C. S. Lao, Y. Ding, Z. L. Wang, and Z. L., “Metal/semiconductor core/shell nanodisks and nanotubes,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 16, pp. 53–62, 2006.
- P. Hu, F. Yuan, L. Bai, J. Li, and Y. Chen, “Plasma synthesis of large quantities of zinc oxide nanorods,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 194–200, 2007.
- P. Hu, L. Y. Bai, L. J. Yu, J. L. Li, F. L. Yuan, and Y. F. Chen, “Shape-controlled synthesis of ZnS nanostructures: a simple and rapid method for one-dimensional materials by plasma,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 4, pp. 1047–1053, 2009.
- Z. Zhang, C. Shao, P. Zou et al., “In situ assembly of well-dispersed gold nanoparticles on electrospun silica nanotubes for catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol,” Chemical Communications, vol. 47, no. 13, pp. 3906–3908, 2011.
- P. Hu, N. Han, X. Zhang et al., “Fabrication of ZnO nanorod-assembled multishelled hollow spheres and enhanced performance in gas sensor,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 37, pp. 14277–14284, 2011.
- H. Yu, Z. Zhang, M. Han, X. Hao, and F. Zhu, “A general low-temperature route for large-scale fabrication of highly oriented ZnO nanorod/nanotube arrays,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 8, pp. 2378–2379, 2005.
- P. Hu, X. Zhang, N. Han, W. Xiang, Y. Cao, and F. Yuan, “Solution-controlled self-assembly of ZnO nanorods into hollow microspheres,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1520–1526, 2011.
- C. C. Tsai and H. Teng, “Structural features of nanotubes synthesized from naoh treatment on TiO2 with different post-treatments,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, pp. 367–373, 2006.
- D. Li and Y. Xia, “Fabrication of titania nanofibers by electrospinning,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 555–560, 2003.
- M. Zhang, Y. Bando, and K. Wada, “Synthesis of coaxial nanotubes: titanium oxide sheathed with silicon oxide,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1408–1412, 2001.
- A. Hagfeldt and M. Gratzel, “Light-induced redox reactions in nanocrystalline systems,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 49–68, 1995.
- S. U. M. Khan, M. Al-Shahry, and W. B. Ingler, “Efficient photochemical water splitting by a chemically modified n-TiO2,” Science, vol. 297, no. 5590, pp. 2243–2245, 2002.
- Q. Chen, W. Z. Zhou, G. H. Du, and L. M. Peng, “Trititanate nanotubes made via a single alkali treatment,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, no. 17, pp. 1208–1211, 2002.
- A. Thorne, A. Kruth, D. Tunstall, J. T. S. Irvine, and W. Zhou, “Formation, structure, and stability of titanate nanotubes and their proton conductivity,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 12, pp. 5439–5444, 2005.
- C. C. Tsai and H. Teng, “Regulation of the physical characteristics of titania nanotube aggregates synthesized from hydrothermal treatment,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 16, no. 22, pp. 4352–4358, 2004.
- T. Kasuga, M. Hiramatsu, A. Hoson, T. Sekino, and K. Niihara, “Formation of titanium oxide nanotube,” Langmuir, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 3160–3163, 1998.
- X. H. Wang, J. G. Li, H. Kamiyama et al., “Pyrogenic iron(III)-doped TiO2 nanopowders synthesized in RF thermal plasma: phase formation, defect structure, band gap, and magnetic properties,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, pp. 10982–10990, 2005.
- R. Asahi, T. Morikawa, T. Ohwaki, K. Aoki, and Y. Taga, “Visible-light photocatalysis in nitrogen-doped titanium oxides,” Science, vol. 293, no. 5528, pp. 269–271, 2001.
- H. Irie, Y. Watanabe, and K. Hashimoto, “Nitrogen-concentration dependence on photocatalytic activity of powders,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 23, pp. 5483–5486, 2003.
- B. C. Cheng, Y. H. Xiao, G. S. Wu, and L. D. Zhang, “Controlled growth and properties of one-dimensional ZnO nanostructures with Ce as activator/dopant,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 913–919, 2004.
- B. D. Yuhas, D. O. Zitoun, P. J. Pauzauskie, R. R. He, and P. D. Yang, “Transition-metal doped zinc oxide nanowires,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 420–423, 2006.
- J. H. He, C. S. Lao, L. J. Chen, D. Davidovic, and Z. L. Wang, “Large-scale Ni-doped ZnO nanowire arrays and electrical and optical properties,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 47, pp. 16376–16377, 2005.
- M. A. Khan, H. T. Jung, and O. B. Yang, “Synthesis and characterization of ultrahigh crystalline TiO2 nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 13, pp. 6626–6630, 2006.
- J. Frank, J. V. Geil, and R. Freaso, “Automatic determination of oxidation stability of oil and fatty products [Food quality control, vegetable and animal fats],” Food Technology, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 71–76, 1982.
- M. K. Läubli and P. A. Bruttel, “Determination of the oxidative stability of fats and oils: comparison between the active oxygen method (AOCS Cd 12-57) and the rancimat method,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 792–795, 1986.
- L. Q. Jing, X. J. Sun, B. F. Xin, B. Q. Wang, W. M. Cai, and H. G. Fu, “The preparation and characterization of la doped TiO2 nanoparticles and their photocatalytic activity,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 177, no. 10, pp. 3375–3382, 2004.
- X. T. Zhang, Y. M. Wang, C. M. Zhang et al., “Chemical modified titanate nanotubes and their stable luminescent properties,” Science in China Series B, vol. 35, pp. 1–6, 2005.