- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 629681, 12 pages
Nanomedicine in Action: An Overview of Cancer Nanomedicine on the Market and in Clinical Trials
Nordion Inc., 447 March Road, Ottawa, ON, Canada K2K 1X8
Received 22 October 2012; Accepted 9 November 2012
Academic Editor: Haiyan Li
Copyright © 2013 Ruibing Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [31 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- João G. Marques, Vítor M. Gaspar, Elisabete Costa, Catarina M. Paquete, and Ilídio J. Correia, “Synthesis and Characterization of Micelles as carriers of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) for application in breast cancer therapy,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2013.
- Samina Nazir, Tajammul Hussain, Attiya Ayub, Umer Rashid, and Alexander John MacRobert, “Nanomaterials in combating cancer: Therapeutic applications and developments,” Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 2013.
- Tae Hyung Kim, Seulki Lee, and Xiaoyuan Chen, “Nanotheranostics for personalized medicine,” Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 257–269, 2013.
- Admire Dube, Yolandy Lemmer, Rose Hayeshi, Mohammed Balogun, Philip Labuschagne, and Hulda Swai, “State of the art and future directions in nanomedicine for tuberculosis,” Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 1725–1734, 2013.
- Ming Lei, Yan Xiao, Mina Yan, Zhaoguo Zhang, Ke Zeng, Huafang Zhang, and Chunshun Zhao, “Synthesis of novel tetravalent galactosylated DTPA-DSPE and study on hepatocyte-targeting efficiency in vitro and in vivo,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 8, pp. 3033–3050, 2013.
- Huiting Qiao, Libin Wang, Jintao Han, Yingmao Chen, Daifa Wang, and Deyu Li, “The Mutual Beneficial Effect between Medical Imaging and Nanomedicine,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Anish Babu, Amanda K. Templeton, Anupama Munshi, and Rajagopal Ramesh, “Nanoparticle-Based Drug Delivery for Therapy of Lung Cancer: Progress and Challenges,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Karen Peynshaert, Bella B. Manshian, Freya Joris, Kevin Braeckmans, Stefaan C. De Smedt, Jo Demeester, and Stefaan J. Soenen, “Exploiting Intrinsic Nanoparticle Toxicity: The Pros and Cons of Nanoparticle-Induced Autophagy in Biomedical Research,” Chemical Reviews, pp. 140613144304000, 2014.
- Menghang Wang, and Lisheng Yu, “Transplantation of adipose-derived stem cells combined with decellularized cartilage ECM: A novel approach to nasal septum perforation repair,” Medical Hypotheses, 2014.
- Giulio Caracciolo, “Liposome–protein corona in a physiological environment: Challenges and opportunities for targeted delivery of nanomedicines,” Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 2014.
- Amalia Ruiz, Paulo César Morais, Ricardo Bentes de Azevedo, Zulmira G. M. Lacava, Angeles Villanueva, and María del Puerto Morales, “Magnetic nanoparticles coated with dimercaptosuccinic acid: development, characterization, and application in biomedicine,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 16, no. 11, 2014.
- Diana de la Iglesia, Miguel Garcia-Remesal, Alberto Anguita, Miguel Munoz-Marmol, Casimir Kulikowski, and Victor Maojo, “A Machine Learning Approach to Identify Clinical Trials Involving Nanodrugs and Nanodevices from ClinicalTrials.gov,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 10, 2014.
- Juliana Cancino, Valeria S. Marangoni, and Valtencir Zucolotto, “Nanotechnology In Medicine: Concepts And Concerns,” Quimica Nova, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 521–526, 2014.
- Giuseppe Toffoli, Mohamad Hadla, Giuseppe Corona, Isabella Caligiuri, Stefano Palazzolo, Sabrina Semeraro, Amelia Gamini, Vincenzo Canzonieri, and Flavio Rizzolio, “Exosomal doxorubicin reduces the cardiac toxicity of doxorubicin,” Nanomedicine, 2015.
- Lisa Bregoli, Dania Movia, James D. Gavigan-Imedio, Joanne Lysaght, John Reynolds, and Adriele Prina-Mello, “Nanomedicine applied to translational oncology: A future perspective on cancer treatment,” Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 2015.
- Vanessa Sainz, João Conniot, Ana I. Matos, Carina Peres, Eva Zupancic, Liane Moura, Liana C. Silva, Helena F. Florindo, and Rogério S. Gaspar, “Regulatory Aspects on Nanomedicines,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2015.
- R. Palao-Suay, L.G. Gómez-Mascaraque, M.R. Aguilar, B. Vázquez-Lasa, and J. San Román, “Self-Assembling Polymer Systems For Advanced Treatment Of Cancer And Inflammation,” Progress in Polymer Science, 2015.
- Valeria E. Bosio, Germán A. Islan, Yanina N. Martínez, Nelson Durán, and Guillermo R. Castro, “Nanodevices for the immobilization of therapeutic enzymes,” Critical Reviews in Biotechnology, pp. 1–18, 2015.
- Leona Damalakiene, Vitalijus Karabanovas, Saulius Bagdonas, Linas Pupelis, Mindaugas Valius, and Ricardas Rotomskis, “Suppression of a Specific Intracellular Uptake Pathway by a Saturating Accumulation of Quantum Dots,” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 841–853, 2015.
- Ricardo Gomez-Sotomayor, S. Ahualli, Julian L. Viota, Katarzyna Rudzka, and Angel V. Delgado, “Iron/Magnetite Nanoparticles as Magnetic Delivery Systems for Antitumor Drugs,” Journal Of Nanoscience And Nanotechnology, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 3507–3514, 2015.
- C. Goncalves, J. P. Silva, I. F. Antunes, M. F. M. Ferreira, J. A. Martins, C. F. G. C. Geraldes, Y. Lalatonne, L. Motte, E. F. J. de Vries, and F. M. Gama, “Dextrin-Based Nanomagnetogel: In Vivo Biodistribution and Stability,” Bioconjugate Chemistry, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 699–706, 2015.
- Jordan Despanie, Jugal P. Dhandhukia, Sarah F. Hamm-Alvarez, and J. Andrew MacKay, “Elastin-like polypeptides: Therapeutic applications for an emerging class of nanomedicines,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2015.
- Aby Cheruvathoor Poulose, Srivani Veeranarayanan, M. Sheikh Mohamed, Yutaka Nagaoka, Rebeca Romero Aburto, Trevor Mitcham, Pulickel M. Ajayan, Richard R. Bouchard, Yasushi Sakamoto, Yasuhiko Yoshida, Toru Maekawa, and D. Sakthi Kumar, “Multi-stimuli responsive Cu2S nanocrystals as trimodal imaging and synergistic chemo-photothermal therapy agents,” Nanoscale, vol. 7, no. 18, pp. 8378–8388, 2015.
- Sacha Loeve, “Of drug administration, war and oikos: mediating cancer with nanomedicines,” Nanomedicine, vol. 10, no. 21, pp. 3261–3274, 2015.
- Rita Bosetti, “Cost-effectiveness of nanomedicine: the path to a future successful and dominant market?,” Nanomedicine, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 1851–1853, 2015.
- Aldrin E. Sweeney, “Nanomedicine concepts in the general medical curriculum: initiating a discussion,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 10, pp. 7319–7331, 2015.
- Adam Bohr, Jorrit Water, Moritz Beck-Broichsitter, and Mingshi Yang, “Nanoembedded Microparticles for Stabilization and Delivery of Drug-Loaded Nanoparticles,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 21, no. 40, pp. 5829–5844, 2015.
- Yichen Hu, Xiao Gong, Jinming Zhang, Fengqian Chen, Chaomei Fu, Peng Li, Liang Zou, and Gang Zhao, “Activated Charge-Reversal Polymeric Nano-System: The Promising Strategy in Drug Delivery for Cancer Therapy,” Polymers, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 99, 2016.
- María Virtudes Céspedes, Ugutz Unzueta, Patricia Álamo, Alberto Gallardo, Rita Sala, Isolda Casanova, Miguel Angel Pavón, María Antonia Mangues, Manuel Trías, Antonio Lopez-Pousa, Antonio Villaverde, Esther Vazquez, and Ramon Mangues, “Cancer-specific uptake of a liganded protein nanocarrier targeting aggressive CXCR4+ colorectal cancer models,” Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 2016.
- Julien Nicolas, “Drug-Initiated Synthesis of Polymer Prodrugs: Combining Simplicity and Efficacy in Drug Delivery,” Chemistry of Materials, 2016.
- Raquel Palao-Suay, Maria Rosa Aguilar, Francisco J. Parra-Ruiz, Samarendra Maji, Richard Hoogenboom, N. A. Rohner, Susan N. Thomas, and Julio San Roman, “alpha-TOS-based RAFT block copolymers and their NPs for the treatment of cancer,” Polymer Chemistry, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 838–850, 2016.