- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 635673, 5 pages
Electrical Resistivity of Pristine and Functional Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes
1Nanotechnology Branch, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Sunnyvale, CA 94035, USA
2Department of Material and Metallurgical, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Rapid City, SD 57701, USA
Received 6 January 2013; Accepted 16 February 2013
Academic Editor: Yun Zhao
Copyright © 2013 Yijiang Lu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Berber, Y. K. Kwon, and D. Tomanek, “Unusually high thermal conductivity of carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 84, no. 20, pp. 4613–4616, 2000.
- C. Zhou, J. Kong, and H. Dai, “Intrinsic electrical properties of individual single-walled carbon nanotubes with small band gaps,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 84, no. 24, pp. 5604–5607, 2000.
- M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, J. C. Charlier, and E. Hernández, “Electronic, thermal and mechanical properties of carbon nanotubes,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 362, no. 1823, pp. 2065–2098, 2004.
- A. Javey, R. Tu, D. B. Farmer, J. Guo, R. G. Gordon, and H. Dai, “High performance n-type carbon nanotube field-effect transistors with chemically doped contacts,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 345–348, 2005.
- H. Hong, X. Luan, M. Horton, C. Li, and G. P. Peterson, “Alignment of carbon nanotubes comprising magnetically sensitive metal oxides in heat transfer nanofluids,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 525, no. 1-2, pp. 87–92, 2011.
- J. Wensel, B. Wright, D. Thomas et al., “Enhanced thermal conductivity by aggregation in heat transfer nanofluids containing metal oxide nanoparticles and carbon nanotubes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 2, Article ID 023110, 3 pages, 2008.
- H. Hong, D. Thomas, A. Waynick, W. Yu, P. Smith, and W. Roy, “Carbon nanotube grease with enhanced thermal and electrical conductivities,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 529–535, 2010.
- Y. Lu, J. Li, J. Han et al., “Room temperature methane detection using palladium loaded single-walled carbon nanotube sensors,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 391, no. 4–6, pp. 344–348, 2004.
- J. Li, Y. Lu, Q. Ye, M. Cinke, J. Han, and M. Meyyappan, “Carbon nanotube sensors for gas and organic vapor detection,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 929–933, 2003.
- J. Li and Y. Lu, “Carbon nanotube based chemical sensors for space and terrestrial applications,” ECS Transactions, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 7–15, 2009.
- B. Glover, K. W. Whites, H. Hong, A. Mukherjee, and W. E. Billups, “Effective electrical conductivity of functional single-wall carbon nanotubes in aqueous fluids,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 158, no. 12, pp. 506–508, 2008.
- K. Balasubramanian and M. Burghard, “Chemically functionalized carbon nanotubes,” Small, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 180–192, 2005.
- F. Liang, J. M. Beach, P. K. Rai et al., “Highly exfoliated water-soluble single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1520–1524, 2006.
- Y. Zhang, N. W. Franklin, R. J. Chen, and H. Dai, “Metal coating on suspended carbon nanotubes and its implication to metal—tube interaction,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 331, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 2000.
- B. Wright, D. Thomas, H. Hong et al., “Magnetic field enhanced thermal conductivity in heat transfer nanofluids containing Ni coated single wall carbon nanotubes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 17, Article ID 173116, 3 pages, 2007.
- J. Li, Y. Lu, Q. Ye, L. Delzeit, and M. Meyyappan, “A gas sensor array using carbon nanotubes and microfabrication technology,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. H100–H102, 2005.
- D. K. Chakravarthi, V. N. Khabashesku, R. Vaidyanathan et al., “Carbon fiber-bismaleimide composites filled with nickel-coated single-walled carbon nanotubes for lightning-strike protection,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 21, no. 13, pp. 2527–2533, 2011.
- M. Horton, H. Hong, C. Li, B. Shi, G. P. Peterson, and S. Jin, “Magnetic alignment of Ni-coated single wall carbon nanotubes in heat transfer nanofluids,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 10, Article ID 104320, 4 pages, 2010.
- L. Wang and Y. Zhang, “Electronic and magnetic properties of metal atom adsorption on SWNT,” Physica E: Low-Dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 889–892, 2011.
- E. Durgun, S. Dag, V. M. K. Bagci, O. Gülseren, T. Yildirim, and S. Ciraci, “Systematic study of adsorption of single atoms on a carbon nanotube,” Physical Review B, vol. 67, no. 20, Article ID 201401, 4 pages, 2003.
- C. Wang, G. Zhou, J. Wu, B. L. Gu, and W. Duan, “Effects of vacancy-carboxyl pair functionalization on electronic properties of carbon nanotubes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 17, Article ID 173130, 3 pages, 2006.
- Y. Dai, H. Hong, M. Guiver, and J. S. Welsh, “Reinforced films based on cross-linked water-soluble Sulfonated carbon nanotubes with Sulfonated Polystyrene,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 5150–5156, 2009.
- Z. Han and A. Fina, “Thermal conductivity of carbon nanotubes and their polymer nanocomposites: a review,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 914–944, 2011.