- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 640146, 7 pages
Synthesis of Octahedral-Shaped NiO and Approaches to an Anode Material of Manufactured Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Using the Decalcomania Method
1Korean Institutes of Ceramic Engineering & Technology (KICET), Geumcheon-gu, Seoul 153-801, Republic of Korea
2Department of Chemistry, College of Science, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk 712-749, Republic of Korea
Received 30 November 2012; Revised 25 February 2013; Accepted 17 March 2013
Academic Editor: Jie-Fang Zhu
Copyright © 2013 Haeran Cho et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Suzuki, Y. Funahashi, T. Yamaguchi, Y. Fujishiro, and M. Awano, “Development of cube-type SOFC stacks using anode-supported tubular cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 68–74, 2008.
- T. Yamaguchi, S. Shimizu, T. Suzuki, Y. Fujishiro, and M. Awano, “Fabrication and evaluation of a novel cathode-supported honeycomb SOFC stack,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 29, pp. 2577–2580, 2009.
- Y. Yang, G. Wang, H. Zhang, and W. Xia, “Computational analysis of thermo-fluid and electrochemical characteristics of MOLB-type SOFC stacks,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 173, no. 1, pp. 233–239, 2007.
- F. Smeacetto, M. Salvo, M. Santarelli et al., “Performance of a glass-ceramic sealant in a SOFC short stack,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 588–596, 2013.
- M. Lockett, M. J. H. Simmons, and K. Kendall, “CFD to predict temperature profile for scale up of micro-tubular SOFC stacks,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 131, no. 1-2, pp. 243–246, 2004.
- F. Tietz, H. P. Buchkremer, and D. Stöver, “Components manufacturing for solid oxide fuel cells,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 152-153, pp. 373–381, 2002.
- J. Will, A. Mitterdorfer, C. Kleinlogel, D. Perednis, and L. J. Gauckler, “Fabrication of thin electrolytes for second-generation solid oxide fuel cells,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 79–96, 2000.
- D. Rui, H. Zhang, G. Wang, F. Xiong, and B. Hu, “Fabrication of finely structured silicon-supported SOFC with anode deposited by multi-phase plasma spraying,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 212, pp. 2193–2199, 2012.
- Y. C. Yang, T. H. Chang, Y. C. Wu, and S. F. Wang, “Porous Ni/8YSZ anode of SOFC fabricated by the plasma sprayed method,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, pp. 13746–13754, 2012.
- L. R. Pederson, P. Singh, and X. D. Zhou, “Application of vacuum deposition methods to solid oxide fuel cells,” Vacuum, vol. 80, no. 10, pp. 1066–1083, 2006.
- Y. Du, N. M. Sammes, and G. A. Tompsett, “Optimisation parameters for the extrusion of thin YSZ tubes for SOFC electrolytes,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 959–965, 2000.
- Q. Yang, J. Sha, X. Ma, and D. Yang, “Synthesis of NiO nanowires by a sol-gel process,” Materials Letters, vol. 59, no. 14-15, pp. 1967–1970, 2005.
- C. Zhang, J. Zhan, J. Wu, X. Guo, and M. Okido, “Preparation of fibrous nickel oxide particles,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 13, pp. 1441–1445, 2003.
- S. M. Tan, S. P. Chai, W. W. Liu, and A. R. Mohamed, “Effects of FeOx, CoOx, and NiO catalysts and calcination temperatures on the synthesis of single-walled carbon nanotubes through chemical vapor deposition of methane,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 477, no. 1-2, pp. 785–788, 2009.
- A. M. Reddy, A. S. Reddy, K. S. Lee, and P. S. Reddy, “Growth and characterization of NiO thin films prepared by dc reactive magnetron sputtering,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 314–320, 2011.
- C. H. Jung, S. Jalota, and S. B. Bhaduri, “Quantitative effects of fuel on the synthesis of Ni/NiO particles using a microwave-induced solution combustion synthesis in air atmosphere,” Materials Letters, vol. 59, no. 19-20, pp. 2426–2432, 2005.
- F. Rousseau, S. Awamat, M. Nikravech, D. Morvan, and J. Amouroux, “Deposit of dense YSZ electrolyte and porous NiO-YSZ anode for SOFC device by a low pressure plasma process,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 202, no. 4–7, pp. 1226–1230, 2007.
- S. Biswas, T. Nithyanantham, S. N. Thangavel, and S. Bandopadhyay, “High-temperature mechanical properties of reduced NiO-8YSZ anode-supported bi-layer SOFC structures in ambient air and reducing environments,” Ceramics International, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 3103–3111, 2013.
- D. Y. Han, H. Y. Yang, C. B. Shen, X. Zhou, and F. H. Wang, “Synthesis and size control of NiO nanoparticles by water-in-oil microemulsion,” Powder Technology, vol. 147, no. 1–3, pp. 113–116, 2004.
- N. M. Deraz, M. M. Selim, and M. Ramadan, “Processing and properties of nanocrystalline Ni and NiO catalysts,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 269–275, 2009.
- L. Zhang, S. P. Jiang, W. Wang, and Y. Zhang, “NiO/YSZ, anode-supported, thin-electrolyte, solid oxide fuel cells fabricated by gel casting,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 2007.
- Q. L. Liu, K. A. Khor, and S. H. Chan, “High-performance low-temperature solid oxide fuel cell with novel BSCF cathode,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 123–128, 2006.