- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 642915, 11 pages
Graphene-Based Carbon Materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage
Division of Green Chemistry & Engineering Research, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology (KRICT), Daejeon 305-600, Republic of Korea
Received 28 June 2013; Revised 20 August 2013; Accepted 20 August 2013
Academic Editor: Christian Brosseau
Copyright © 2013 Fei Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Electric field in atomically thin carbon films,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5696, pp. 666–669, 2004.
- S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, G. H. B. Dommett et al., “Graphene-based composite materials,” Nature, vol. 442, no. 7100, pp. 282–286, 2006.
- A. K. Geim and K. S. Novoselov, “The rise of graphene,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 183–191, 2007.
- K. S. Novoselov, Z. Jiang, Y. Zhang et al., “Room-temperature quantum hall effect in graphene,” Science, vol. 315, no. 5817, p. 1379, 2007.
- J. C. Meyer, A. K. Geim, M. I. Katsnelson, K. S. Novoselov, T. J. Booth, and S. Roth, “The structure of suspended graphene sheets,” Nature, vol. 446, no. 7131, pp. 60–63, 2007.
- S. Park and R. S. Ruoff, “Chemical methods for the production of graphenes,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 217–224, 2009.
- D. Li, M. B. Müller, S. Gilje, R. B. Kaner, and G. G. Wallace, “Processable aqueous dispersions of graphene nanosheets,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101–105, 2008.
- L. Zhang and G. Shi, “Preparation of highly conductive graphene hydrogels for fabricating supercapacitors with high rate capability,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 34, pp. 17206–17212, 2011.
- H. Zheng and M. S. Kim, “Performance of modified graphite as anode material for lithium-ion secondary battery,” Carbon Letters, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 243–248, 2011.
- S. Bhardwaj, M. Sharon, T. Ishihara et al., “Carbon material from natural sources as an anode in lithium secondary battery,” Carbon Letters, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 285–291, 2007.
- J. Tarascon, “Key challenges in future Li-battery research,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 368, no. 1923, pp. 3227–3241, 2010.
- C. Liu, F. Li, L. P. Ma, and H. Cheng, “Advanced materials for energy storage,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. E28–E62, 2010.
- L. Ji, Z. Lin, M. Alcoutlabi, and X. Zhang, “Recent developments in nanostructured anode materials for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 2682–2689, 2011.
- M. D. Stoller, S. Park, Z. Yanwu, J. An, and R. S. Ruoff, “Graphene-Based ultracapacitors,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 3498–3502, 2008.
- Z. Lin, Y. Liu, Y. Yao et al., “Superior capacitance of functionalized graphene,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 14, pp. 7120–7125, 2011.
- F. Liu, S. Song, D. Xue, and H. Zhang, “Selective crystallization with preferred lithium-ion storage capability of inorganic materials,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 7, article 149, 2012.
- H. Wang, Y. Yang, Y. Liang et al., “LiMn1-xFexPO4 nanorods grown on graphene sheets for ultrahigh-rate-performance lithium ion batteries,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 50, no. 32, pp. 7364–7368, 2011.
- Y. Sun, Q. Wu, and G. Shi, “Graphene based new energy materials,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1113–1132, 2011.
- H. Bai, C. Li, and G. Shi, “Functional composite materials based on chemically converted graphene,” Advanced Materials, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1089–1115, 2011.
- X. Chen, W. Wei, W. Lv et al., “A graphene-based nanostructure with expanded ion transport channels for high rate Li-ion batteries,” Chemical Communications, vol. 48, no. 47, pp. 5904–5906, 2012.
- M. F. El-Kady, V. Strong, S. Dubin, and R. B. Kaner, “Laser scribing of high-performance and flexible graphene-based electrochemical capacitors,” Science, vol. 335, no. 6074, pp. 1326–1330, 2012.
- S. Yin, Y. Zhang, J. Kong et al., “Assembly of graphene sheets into hierarchical structures for high-performance energy storage,” ACS Nano, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 3831–3838, 2011.
- F. Liu, S. Song, D. Xue, and H. Zhang, “Folded structured graphene paper for high performance electrode materials,” Advanced Materials, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1089–1094, 2012.
- H. Wang, C. Zhang, Z. Liu et al., “Nitrogen-doped graphene nanosheets with excellent lithium storage properties,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 14, pp. 5430–5434, 2011.
- C. Ma, X. Shao, and D. Cao, “Nitrogen-doped graphene nanosheets as anode materials for lithium ion batteries: a first-principles study,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 18, pp. 8911–8915, 2012.
- A. L. M. Reddy, A. Srivastava, S. R. Gowda, H. Gullapalli, M. Dubey, and P. M. Ajayan, “Synthesis of nitrogen-doped graphene films for lithium battery application,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 6337–6342, 2010.
- Z. Wu, W. Ren, L. Xu, F. Li, and H. Cheng, “Doped graphene sheets as anode materials with superhigh rate and large capacity for lithium ion batteries,” ACS Nano, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 5463–5471, 2011.
- Z. Wen, X. Wang, S. Mao et al., “Crumpled nitrogen-doped graphene nanosheets with ultrahigh pore volume for high-performance supercapacitor,” Advanced Materials, vol. 24, no. 41, pp. 5610–5616, 2012.
- Y. Zhu, S. Murali, M. D. Stoller et al., “Carbon-based supercapacitors produced by activation of graphene,” Science, vol. 332, no. 6037, pp. 1537–1541, 2011.
- X. Zhao, C. M. Hayner, M. C. Kung, and H. H. Kung, “Flexible holey graphene paper electrodes with enhanced rate capability for energy storage applications,” ACS Nano, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 8739–8749, 2011.
- Y. Fang, Y. Lv, R. Che et al., “Two-dimensional mesoporous carbon nanosheets and their derived graphene nanosheets: synthesis and efficient lithium ion storage,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 135, no. 4, pp. 1524–1530, 2013.
- M. Segal, “Selling graphene by the ton,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 612–614, 2009.
- Z. Wang, N. Li, Z. Shi, and Z. Gu, “Low-cost and large-scale synthesis of graphene nanosheets by arc discharge in air,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 17, Article ID 175602, 2010.