- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 645050, 6 pages
A New Method for Determining the Nanocrystallite Size Distribution in Systems Where Chemical Reaction between Solid and a Gas Phase Occurs
West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin, Institute of Chemical and Environment Engineering, Pułaskiego 10, 70-322 Szczecin, Poland
Received 5 February 2013; Accepted 9 March 2013
Academic Editor: Diego Gomez-Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Rafał Pelka and Walerian Arabczyk. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Karch, R. Birringer, and H. Gleiter, “Ceramics ductile at low temperature,” Nature, vol. 330, no. 6148, pp. 556–558, 1987.
- M. Ruhle, H. Dosch, E. J. Mittemejer, and M. H. van de Voorde, Eds., European White Book on Fundamental Research in Materials Science, Max-Planck Institute for Metals Research, Stuttgart, Germany, 2001.
- W. Lojkowski and H. J. Fecht, “Structure of intercrystalline interfaces,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 339–568, 2000.
- M. Poliakoff and P. King, “Phenomenal fluids,” Nature, vol. 412, no. 6843, p. 125, 2001.
- H. Gleiter, “Nanostructured materials: basic concepts and microstructure,” Acta Materialia, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 1–29, 2000.
- I. E. Beck, V. I. Bukhtiyarov, I. Y. Pakharukov, V. I. Zaikovsky, V. V. Kriventsov, and V. N. Parmon, “Platinum nanoparticles on Al2O3: correlation between the particle size and activity in total methane oxidation,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 268, no. 1, pp. 60–67, 2009.
- R. Pielaszek, “FW 1/5/4/5 M method for determination of the grain size distribution from powder diffraction line profile,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 382, no. 1-2, pp. 128–132, 2004.
- P. Ganesan, H. K. Kuo, A. Saavedra, and R. J. De Angelis, “Particle size distribution function of supported metal catalysts by X-ray diffraction,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 310–320, 1978.
- T. Ungár, J. Gubicza, G. Ribárik, and A. Borbély, “Crystallite size distribution and dislocation structure determined by diffraction profile analysis: principles and practical application to cubic and hexagonal crystals,” Journal of Applied Crystallography, vol. 34, pp. 298–310, 2001.
- T. Ungár, “Characterization of nanocrystalline materials by X-ray line profile analysis,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1584–1593, 2007.
- T. Ida, T. Goto, and H. Hibino, “Particle statistics in synchrotron powder diffractometry,” Zeitschrift für Kristallographie Proceedings, vol. 1, pp. 69–74, 2011.
- W. Vogel, “Size distributions of supported metal catalysts: an analytical X-ray line profile fitting routine,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 356–363, 1990.
- W. Arabczyk and R. Wróbel, “Utilisation of XRD for the determination of the size distribution of nanocrystalline iron materials,” Diffusion and Defect Data B, vol. 94, pp. 235–238, 2003.
- R. Pelka and W. Arabczyk, “Studies of the kinetics of reaction between iron catalysts and ammonia-nitriding of nanocrystalline iron with parallel catalytic ammonia decomposition,” Topics in Catalysis, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 1506–1516, 2009.
- W. Arabczyk and R. Wróbel, “Study of the kinetics of nitriding of nanocrystalline iron using TG and XRD methods,” Diffusion and Defect Data B, vol. 94, pp. 185–188, 2003.
- W. Arabczyk and R. Pelka, “Studies of the kinetics of two parallel reactions: ammonia decomposition and nitriding of iron catalyst,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 411–416, 2009.
- K. Kiełbasa, R. Pelka, and W. Arabczyk, “Studies of the kinetics of ammonia decomposition on promoted nanocrystalline iron using gas phases of different nitriding degree,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 114, no. 13, pp. 4531–4534, 2010.
- R. Pelka, A. Pattek-Janczyk, and W. Arabczyk, “Studies of the oxidation of nanocrystalline iron with oxygen by means of TG, MS, and XRD methods,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 36, pp. 13992–13996, 2008.
- K. Lubkowski, W. Arabczyk, B. Grzmil, B. Michalkiewicz, and A. Pattek-Janczyk, “Passivation and oxidation of an ammonia iron catalyst,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 329, pp. 137–147, 2007.
- W. Arabczyk, W. Konicki, U. Narkiewicz, I. Jasińska, and K. Kałucki, “Kinetics of the iron carbide formation in the reaction of methane with nanocrystalline iron catalyst,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 266, no. 2, pp. 135–145, 2004.
- W. Arabczyk, W. Konicki, and U. Narkiewicz, “The size distribution of iron nanoparticles produced by the carburisation process,” Diffusion and Defect Data B, vol. 94, pp. 177–180, 2003.
- R. Wróbel and W. Arabczyk, “Solid-gas reaction with adsorption as the rate limiting step,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 110, no. 29, pp. 9219–9224, 2006.
- G. Ertl, Reactions at Solid Surfaces, Wiley, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 2009.
- I. Langmuir, “The adsorption of gases on plane surfaces of glass, mica and platinum,” The Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1361–1403, 1918.
- J. Benard, Ed., Adsorption on Metal Surfaces: An Integrated Approach (Studies in Surface Science And Catalysis Series, No. 13), Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- R. H. Fowler and E. A. Guggenheim, Statistical Thermodynamics, Cambridge Univeristy Press, Cambridge, UK, 1939.