- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 674237, 15 pages
Preparation and Physicochemical Properties of Functionalized Silica/Octamethacryl-Silsesquioxane Hybrid Systems
Institute of Chemical Technology and Engineering, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Poznan University of Technology, M. Sklodowskiej-Curie 2, 60965 Poznan, Poland
Received 28 January 2013; Revised 5 April 2013; Accepted 14 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yanbao Zhao
Copyright © 2013 Karolina Szwarc-Rzepka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. D. Lickiss and F. Rataboul, “Fully condensed Polyhedral Oligosilsesquioxanes (POSS): from synthesis to application,” Advances in Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 57, pp. 1–116, 2008.
- Q. Tai, R. K. K. Yuen, L. Song, and Y. Hu, “A novel polymeric flame retardant and exfoliated clay nanocomposites: preparation and properties,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 183, pp. 542–549, 2012.
- J. Wu and P. T. Mather, “POSS Polymers: physical properties and biomaterials applications,” Journal of Macromolecular Science Part C, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 25–63, 2009.
- H. Xu, S.-W. Kuo, J.-S. Lee, and F.-C. Chang, “Preparations, thermal properties, and Tg increase mechanism of inorganic/organic hybrid polymers based on Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxanes,” Macromolecules, vol. 35, no. 23, pp. 8788–8793, 2002.
- H. Xu, B. Yang, J. Wang, S. Guang, and C. Li, “Preparation, thermal properties, and Tg increase mechanism of poly(acetoxystyrene-co-octavinyl-polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane) hybrid nanocomposites,” Macromolecules, vol. 38, no. 25, pp. 10455–10460, 2005.
- A. Lee and J. D. Lichtenhan, “Viscoelastic responses of polyhedral oligosilsesquioxane reinforced epoxy systems,” Macromolecules, vol. 31, no. 15, pp. 4970–4974, 1998.
- A. Fina, D. Tabuani, T. Peijs, and G. Camino, “POSS grafting on PPgMA by one-step reactive blending,” Polymer, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 218–226, 2009.
- G. Z. Li, H. Cho, L. Wang, H. Toghiani, and C. U. Pittman Jr., “Synthesis and properties of poly(isobutyl methacrylate-co-butanediol dimethacrylate-co-methacryl polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane) nanocomposites,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 355–372, 2005.
- F. Mammeri, C. Bonhomme, F. Ribot, F. Babonneau, and S. Diré, “New monofunctional POSS and its utilization as dewetting additive in methacrylate based free-standing films,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 4163–4171, 2009.
- E. Sarantopoulou, Z. Kollia, A. C. Cefalas, A. E. Siokou, P. Argitis, and V. Bellas, “Surface modification of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane block copolymer films by 157 nm laser light,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, Article ID 114305, pp. 114–305, 2009.
- Y. Qin, Y. Bi, H. Ren, F. Zhu, M. Luo, and L. Zhang, “Poly(methyl methacrylate)/methacryl-POSS nanocomposites with excellent thermal properties,” Chinese Journal of Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 2527–2532, 2010.
- O. H. Lin, Z. A. Mohd Ishak, and H. M. Akil, “Preparation and properties of nanosilica-filled polypropylene composites with PP-methyl POSS as compatibiliser,” Materials and Design, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 748–751, 2009.
- S.-W. Kuo and F.-C. Chang, “POSS related polymer nanocomposites,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 36, pp. 1649–1696, 2011.
- H. Fong, S. H. Dickens, and G. M. Flaim, “Evaluation of dental restorative composites containing polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane methacrylate,” Dental Materials, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 520–529, 2005.
- P. A. Wheeler, B. X. Fu, J. D. Lichtenhan, W. Jia, and L. J. Mathias, “Incorporation of metallic POSS, POSS copolymers, and new functionalized POSS compounds into commercial dental resins,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 2856–2862, 2006.
- J. D. Liechtenhan, Y. A. Otonari, and M. J. Carr, “Linear hybrid polymer building blocks: methacrylate-functionalized polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane monomers and polymers,” Macromolecules, vol. 28, no. 24, pp. 8435–8437, 1995.
- J. Zurawska, A. Krysztafkiewicz, and T. Jesionowski, “Physicochemical properties, surface morphology and particle size distribution of precipitated silicas,” Surface and Interface Analysis, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 914–921, 2003.
- Y. Nakahara, T. Takeuchi, S. Yokoyama, and K. Kimura, “Quantitative 1H NMR analysis of reacted silanol groups in silica nanoparticles chemically modified with monochlorosilanes,” Surface and Interface Analysis, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 809–815, 2011.
- Z. Luo, X. Cai, R. Y. Hong, L. S. Wang, and W. G. Feng, “Preparation of silica nanoparticles using silicon tetrachloride for reinforcement of PU,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 187, pp. 357–366, 2012.
- X. Liu, L. Lei, Y. Li, H. Zhu, Y. Cui, and H. Hu, “Preparation of carriers based on magnetic nanoparticles grafted polymer and immobilization for lipase,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 142–149, 2011.
- F. Carniato, C. Bisio, E. Boccaleri, M. Guidotti, E. Gavrilova, and L. Marchese, “Titanosilsesquioxane anchored on mesoporous silicas: a novel approach for the preparation of heterogeneous catalysts for selective oxidations,” Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 27, pp. 8098–8101, 2008.
- M. Bhagiyalakshmi, R. Anuradha, S. D. Park, and H. T. Jang, “Octa(aminophenyl)silsesquioxane fabrication on chlorofunctionalized mesoporous SBA-15 for CO2 adsorption,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 131, no. 1–3, pp. 265–273, 2010.
- K. Szwarc, K. Siwinska-Stefanska, B. Marciniec, and T. Jesionowski, “Synthesis and characterisation of SiO2/POSS hybrid systems obtained using the mechanical method,” Physicochememical Problems of Mineral Processing, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 181–192, 2012.
- T. Jesionowski, J. Zurawska, A. Krysztafkiewicz, M. Pokora, D. Waszak, and W. Tylus, “Physicochemical and morphological properties of hydrated silicas precipitated following alkoxysilane surface modification,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 205, no. 1–4, pp. 212–224, 2002.
- R. Y. Hong, H. P. Fu, Y. J. Zhang et al., “Surface-modified silica nanoparticles for reinforcement of PMMA,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 2176–2184, 2007.
- W. Whitnall, T. Asefa, and G. A. Ozin, “Hybrid periodic mesoporous organosilicas,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1696–1702, 2005.
- G. E. Berendsen and L. De Golan, “Preparation and chromatographic properties of some chemically bonded phases for reversed-phase liquid chromatotography,” Journal of Liquid Chromatography, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 561–586, 1978.