- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 679638, 6 pages
Z-Contrast STEM Imaging of Long-Range Ordered Structures in Epitaxially Grown CoPt Nanoparticles
1Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, 2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8577, Japan
2Department of Materials Science, Tohoku University, 6-6 Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
Received 15 March 2013; Accepted 17 May 2013
Academic Editor: Takeshi Seki
Copyright © 2013 Kazuhisa Sato et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Weller and M. F. Doerner, “Extremely high-density longitudinal magnetic recording media,” Annual Review of Materials Science, vol. 30, pp. 611–644, 2000.
- Y. Tanaka, “Fundamental features of perpendicular magnetic recording and design considerations for future portable HDD integration,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 2834–2838, 2005.
- M. A. Seigler, W. A. Challener, E. Gage et al., “Integrated heat assisted magnetic recording head: design and recording demonstration,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 119–124, 2008.
- R. Wood, M. Williams, A. Kavcic, and J. Miles, “The feasibility of magnetic recording at 10 terabits per square inch on conventional media,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 917–923, 2009.
- S. H. Liou, Y. Liu, S. S. Malhotra, M. Yu, and D. J. Sellmyer, “Magnetic properties of nanometer-size CoPt particles,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 5060–5062, 1996.
- C. Chen, O. Kitakami, S. Okanioto, Y. Shimada, K. Shibata, and M. Tanaka, “Large coercivity and granular structure of CoPt/SiO2 films,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 3466–3468, 1999.
- A. Sakuma, “First principle calculation of the magnetocrystalline anisotropy energy of FePt and CoPt ordered alloys,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 3053–3058, 1994.
- H. Shima, K. Oikawa, A. Fujita et al., “Magnetocrystalline anisotropy energy in L10-type CoPt single crystals,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 290-291, no. 1, pp. 566–569, 2005.
- T. Shima, T. Moriguchi, S. Mitani, and K. Takanashi, “Low-temperature fabrication of L10 ordered FePt alloy by alternate monatomic layer deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 288–290, 2002.
- S. Okamoto, N. Kikuchi, O. Kitakami, T. Miyazaki, Y. Shimada, and K. Fukamichi, “Chemical-order-dependent magnetic anisotropy and exchange stiffness constant of FePt (001) epitaxial films,” Physical Review B, vol. 66, no. 2, Article ID 024413, pp. 1–9, 2002.
- K. Sato, T. J. Konno, and Y. Hirotsu, “Electron microscopy studies on magnetic L10-type FePd nanoparticles,” Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, vol. 170, pp. 165–225, 2012.
- K. Sato, J. G. Wen, and J. M. Zuo, “Intermetallic ordering and structure in Fe-Pd alloy nanoparticles,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 9, Article ID 093509, pp. 1–7, 2009.
- K. Sato, K. Yanajima, and T. J. Konno, “Structure and compositional evolution in epitaxial Co/Pt core-shell nanoparticles on annealing,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 520, no. 9, pp. 3544–3552, 2012.
- M. Delalande, M. J.-F. Guinel, L. F. Allard et al., “L10 ordering of ultrasmall FePt nanoparticles revealed by TEM in situ annealing,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 116, no. 12, pp. 6866–6872, 2012.
- F. Tournus, K. Sato, T. Epicier, T. J. Konno, and V. Dupuis, “Multi-L10 domain CoPt and FePt nanoparticles revealed by electron microscopy,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 110, no. 5, Article ID 055501, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- D. Wang, H. L. Xin, R. Hovden, et al., “Structurally ordered intermetallic platinum-cobalt core-shell nanoparticles with enhanced activity and stability as oxygen reduction electrocatalysts,” Nature Materials, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 81–87, 2013.
- S. J. Pennycook and P. D. Nellist, Eds., Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy, Imaging and Analysis, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- K. Sato, K. Yanajima, and T. J. Konno, “Effect of cooling rate on size-dependent atomic ordering of CoPt nanoparticles,” Philosophical Magazine Letters, vol. 92, no. 8, pp. 408–416, 2012.
- B. Bian, K. Sato, Y. Hirotsu, and A. Makino, “Ordering of island-like FePt crystallites with orientations,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 75, no. 23, pp. 3686–3688, 1999.
- D. Alloyeau, C. Ricolleau, C. Mottet et al., “Size and shape effects on the order-disorder phase transition in CoPt nanoparticles,” Nature Materials, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 940–946, 2009.
- T. B. Massalski, H. Okamoto, P. R. Subramanian, and L. Kacprzak, Eds., Binary Alloy Phase Diagrams, ASM International, Materials Park, Ohio, USA, 2nd edition, 1990.
- K. Sato, Y. Hirotsu, H. Mori, Z. Wang, and T. Hirayama, “Long-range order parameter of single L10-FePd nanoparticle determined by nanobeam electron diffraction: particle size dependence of the order parameter,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 98, no. 2, Article ID 024308, pp. 1–8, 2005.
- M. Müller and K. Albe, “Lattice Monte Carlo simulations of FePt nanoparticles: influence of size, composition, and surface segregation on order-disorder phenomena,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 9, Article ID 094203, pp. 1–10, 2005.
- K. Sato, B. Bian, T. Hanada, and Y. Hirotsu, “Oriented L10-FePt nanoparticles and their magnetic properties,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 44, no. 8-9, pp. 1389–1393, 2001.
- B. Yang, M. Asta, O. N. Mryasov, T. J. Klemmer, and R. W. Chantrell, “The nature of A1-L10 ordering transitions in alloy nanoparticles: a Monte Carlo study,” Acta Materialia, vol. 54, no. 16, pp. 4201–4211, 2006.
- G. Rossi, R. Ferrando, and C. Mottet, “Structure and chemical ordering in CoPt nanoalloys,” Faraday Discussions, vol. 138, pp. 193–210, 2008.
- Y. Hirotsu and K. Sato, “Growth and atomic ordering of hard magnetic L10-FePt, FePd and CoPt alloy nanoparticles studied by transmission electron microscopy: alloy system and particle size dependence,” Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 236–244, 2005.