- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 680491, 6 pages
The Physical and Magnetic Properties of Electrodeposited Co-Fe Nanocoating with Different Deposition Times
1Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Selangor, 40450 Shah Alam, Malaysia
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 11 June 2012; Revised 15 December 2012; Accepted 19 December 2012
Academic Editor: Weichang Hao
Copyright © 2013 Koay Mei Hyie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Suryanarayana and C. C. Koch, “Nanocrystalline materials—current research and future directions,” Hyperfine Interactions, vol. 130, no. 1–4, pp. 5–44, 2000.
- C. Suryanarayana, “Nanocrystalline materials,” International Materials Reviews, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 41–64, 1995.
- I. Gurrappa and L. Binder, “Electrodeposition of nanostructured coatings and their characterization—a review,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 9, no. 4, Article ID 043001, 11 pages, 2008.
- U. S. Mohanty, “Electrodeposition: a versatile and inexpensive tool for the synthesis of nanoparticles, nanorods, nanowires, and nanoclusters of metals,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 257–270, 2011.
- N. V. Myung, D. Y. Park, P. T. A. Sumodjo, and B. Y. Yoo, “Development of electroplated magnetic materials for MEMS,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 265, no. 2, pp. 189–198, 2003.
- P. Tartaj, M. P. Morales, S. Veintemillas-Verdaguer, T. González-Carreño, and C. J. Serna, “The preparation of magnetic nanoparticles for applications in biomedicine,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. R182–R197, 2003.
- H. Chiriac, A. E. Moga, and C. Gherasim, “Preparation and characterization of Co, Fe and Co-Fe magnetic nanoparticles,” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 3492–3496, 2008.
- X. Liu, P. Evans, and G. Zangari, “Electrodeposited Co-Fe and Co-Fe-Ni alloy films for magnetic recording write heads,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 3479–3481, 2000.
- S. H. Teh and I. I. Yaacob, “Synthesis and characterization of Co-Fe nanocrystalline magnetic films electrodeposited from electrolyte solution containing sodium saccharin,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 4398–4401, 2011.
- H. Gleiter, “Nanocrystalline materials,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 223–315, 1989.
- U. Erb, “Size effects in electroformed nanomaterials,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 444, pp. 163–188, 2010.
- B. Szpunar, U. Erb, K. T. Aust, G. Palumbo, and L. J. Lewis, “The influence of grain-boundary structural disorder on the magnetic properties of nanocrystalline nickel,” in Material Research Society Symposium Proceeding, vol. 318, pp. 477–482, 1994.
- Y. Zhang and D. G. Ivey, “Characterization of Co-Fe and Co-Fe-Ni soft magnetic films electrodeposited from citrate-stabilized sulfate baths,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 140, no. 1-2, pp. 15–22, 2007.
- I. Tabakovic, V. Inturi, and S. Riemer, “Composition, structure, stress, and coercivity of electrodeposited soft magnetic CoNiFe films: thickness and substrate dependence,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. C18–C22, 2002.
- G. Herzer, “Grain size dependence of coercivity and permeability in nanocrystalline ferromagnets,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1397–1402, 1990.
- G. Fortas, S. Sam, Z. Fekih, and N. Gabouze, “Electrodeposition of CoNiFe alloys on n-type silicon,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 609, pp. 207–212, 2009.
- J. George, J. Rantschler, S. E. Bae, D. Litvinov, and S. R. Brankovic, “Sulfur and saccharin incorporation into electrodeposited CoFe alloys: consequences for magnetic and corrosion properties,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 155, no. 9, pp. D589–D594, 2008.
- Information on http://www.ndt-ed.org.
- L. P. Zhu, H. M. Xiao, W. D. Zhang, Y. Yang, and S. Y. Fu, “Synthesis and characterization of novel three-dimensional metallic Co dendritic superstructures by a simple hydrothermal reduction route,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1113–1118, 2008.
- I. A. Ovid’ko, C. S. Pande, and R. A. Masumura, “Grain boundaries in nanomaterials,” in Nanomaterials Handbook, Y. Gogotsi, Ed., CRC Press, 2006.
- Y. Marita and I. I. Yaacob, “Synthesis and characterization of nickel-iron-silicon nitride nanocomposite,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 97–101, pp. 1360–1363, 2010.
- C. K. S. Cheung, Synthesis and microstructural characterization of electrodeposited nanocrystalline soft magnets [Ph.D. thesis], Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 2001.
- T. Yokoshima, K. Imai, T. Hiraiwa, and T. Osaka, “Preparation of high-Bs Co-Fe soft magnetic thin films by electrodeposition,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 2332–2334, 2004.
- H. F. Li and R. V. Ramanujan, “Synthesis of Fe-Co based nanomagnetic materials,” Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 965–970, 2005.
- T. Osaka, T. Sawaguchi, F. Mizutani, T. Yokoshima, M. Takai, and Y. Okinaka, “Effects of saccharin and thiourea on sulfur inclusion and coercivity of electroplated soft magnetic CoNiFe film,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 146, no. 9, pp. 3295–3299, 1999.
- T. Osaka, “Electrodeposition of highly functional thin films for magnetic recording devices of the next century,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 45, no. 20, pp. 3311–3321, 2000.