- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 680821, 10 pages
TiO2-SiO2/Ph-POSS Functional Hybrids: Preparation and Characterisation
Institute of Chemical Technology and Engineering, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Poznan University of Technology,
M. Sklodowskiej-Curie 2, 60965 Poznan, Poland
Received 10 July 2013; Revised 20 August 2013; Accepted 20 August 2013
Academic Editor: Mengnan Qu
Copyright © 2013 Magdalena Nowacka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Godnjavec, B. Znoj, N. Veronovski, and P. Venturini, “Polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes as titanium dioxide surface modifiers for transparent acrylic UV blocking hybrid coating,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 654–659, 2011.
- I. Blanco, L. Abate, F. A. Bottino, and P. Bottino, “Thermal degradation of hepta cyclopentyl, mono phenyl-polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (hcp-POSS)/polystyrene (PS) nanocomposites,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 97, no. 6, pp. 849–855, 2012.
- M. Hoyos, A. Fina, F. Carniato, M. Prato, and O. Monticelli, “Novel hybrid systems based on poly(propylene-g-maleic anhydride) and Ti-POSS by direct reactive blending,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 96, no. 10, pp. 1793–1798, 2011.
- W. Du, J. Shan, Y. Wu, R. Xu, and D. Yu, “Preparation and characterization of polybenzoxazine/trisilanol polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes composites,” Materials and Design, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 1720–1725, 2010.
- A. Fina, D. Tabuani, and G. Camino, “Polypropylene-polysilsesquioxane blends,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 14–23, 2010.
- X. Z. Zhang, Y. J. Song, and Y. D. Huang, “Properties of silsesquioxane coating modified carbon fibre/polyarylacetylene composites,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 67, no. 14, pp. 3014–3022, 2007.
- C. Jin, S. List, S. Yamanaka et al., “Deposition and characterization of porous silica xerogel films,” in Proceedings of the MRS Fall Meeting, vol. 443, pp. 99–104, December 1996.
- H. Fong, S. H. Dickens, and G. M. Flaim, “Evaluation of dental restorative composites containing polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane methacrylate,” Dental Materials, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 520–529, 2005.
- L. Barral, F. J. Díez, S. García-Garabal et al., “Thermodegradation kinetics of a hybrid inorganic-organic epoxy system,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 1662–1666, 2005.
- F. Carniato, C. Bisio, L. Sordelli, E. Gavrilova, and M. Guidotti, “Ti-POSS covalently immobilized onto mesoporous silica: a model for active sites in heterogeneous catalytic epoxidation,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 380, no. 1, pp. 244–251, 2012.
- X. Chen, D. Wang, X. Li, Y. Liu, and L. Hu, “POSS/TiO2 nanohybrids as sun protection factors for skin changes caused by ultraviolet a radiation,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 610, pp. 1039–1043, 2009.
- P. A. Wheeler, R. Misra, R. D. Cook, and S. E. Morgan, “Polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane trisilanols as dispersants for titanium oxide nanopowder,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 2503–2508, 2008.
- F. Ciesielczyk, M. Nowacka, A. Przybylska, and T. Jesionowski, “Dispersive and electrokinetic evaluations of alkoxysilane-modified MgO·SiO2 oxide composite and pigment hybrids supported on it,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 376, no. 1–3, pp. 21–30, 2011.
- D. Ambrozewicz, B. Marciniec, and T. Jesionowski, “New POSS/magnesium silicate nano-hybrids obtained by chemical or mechanical methods,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 210, no. 1, pp. 229–236, 2012.
- A. N. Murashkevich, A. S. Lavitskaya, O. A. Alisienok, and I. M. Zharskii, “Fabrication and properties of SiO2/TiO2 composites,” Inorganic Materials, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1146–1152, 2009.
- M. Bellardita, M. Addamo, A. Di Paola et al., “Photocatalytic activity of TiO2/SiO2 systems,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 174, no. 1–3, pp. 707–713, 2010.
- A. Nilchi, S. Janitabar-Darzi, A. R. Mahjoub, and S. Rasouli-Garmarodi, “New TiO2/SiO2 nanocomposites-phase transformations and photocatalytic studies,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 361, no. 1–3, pp. 25–30, 2010.
- T. Jesionowski, F. Ciesielczyk, and A. Krysztafkiewicz, “Influence of selected alkoxysilanes on dispersive properties and surface chemistry of spherical silica precipitated in emulsion media,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 119, no. 1-2, pp. 65–74, 2010.
- M. E. McGovern, K. M. R. Kallury, and M. Thompson, “Role of solvent on the silanization of glass with octadecyltrichlorosilane,” Langmuir, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 3607–3614, 1994.
- C. H. Lee, S. H. Park, W. Chung, J. Y. Kim, and S. H. Kim, “Preparation and characterization of surface modified silica nanoparticles with organo-silane compounds,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 384, no. 1–3, pp. 318–322, 2011.
- K. Siwinska-Stefanska, F. Ciesielczyk, A. Kolodziejczak-Radzimska, D. Paukszta, J. Sójka-Ledakowicz, and T. Jesionowski, “TiO2-SiO2 inorganic barrier composites: from synthesis to application,” Pigment and Resin Technology, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 139–148, 2012.
- T. Jesionowski and A. Krysztafkiewicz, “Comparison of the techniques used to modify amorphous hydrated silicas,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 277, no. 1, pp. 45–57, 2000.
- E. P. Plueddemann, Silane Coupling Agents, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- M. Doǧan, Y. Turhan, M. Alkan, H. Namli, P. Turan, and Ö. Demirbaş, “Functionalized sepiolite for heavy metal ions adsorption,” Desalination, vol. 230, no. 1–3, pp. 248–268, 2008.
- D. J. Shaw, Introduction to Colloid and Surface Chemistry, Butterworths, London, UK, 1970.
- D. Thiemig and A. Bund, “Characterization of electrodeposited Ni-TiO2 nanocomposite coatings,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 202, no. 13, pp. 2976–2984, 2008.
- K. Siwińska-Stefańska, M. Nowacka, A. Kołodziejczak-Radzimska, and T. Jesionowski, “Preparation of hybrid pigments via adsorption of selected food dyes onto inorganic oxides based on anatase titanium dioxide,” Dyes and Pigments, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 338–348, 2012.
- M. Kosmulski, “pH-dependent surface charging and points of zero charge. IV. Update and new approach,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 337, no. 2, pp. 439–448, 2009.
- M. Kosmulski, “The pH-dependent surface charging and points of zero charge. V. Update,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 353, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2011.
- K. Siwinska-Stefanska, F. Ciesielczyk, M. Nowacka, and T. Jesionowski, “Influence of selected alkoxysilanes on dispersive properties and surface chemistry of titanium dioxide and TiO2-SiO2 composite material,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 316173, 19 pages, 2012.
- I. Jerman, M. Mihelčič, D. Verhovek, J. Kovač, and B. Orel, “Polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane trisilanols as pigment surface modifiers for fluoropolymer based Thickness Sensitive Spectrally Selective (TSSS) paint coatings,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 423–431, 2011.
- T. Ozawa, “Thermal analysis: review and prospect,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 355, no. 1-2, pp. 35–42, 2000.