- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 687501, 8 pages
Comparing the Electrochemical Performance of /C Modified by Mg Doping and MgO Coating
1Hebei Key Laboratory of Applied Chemistry, College of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Yanshan University,
Qinhuangdao 066004, China
2State Key Laboratory of Metastable Materials Science and Technology, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao 066004, China
Received 19 March 2013; Accepted 2 May 2013
Academic Editor: Xinqing Chen
Copyright © 2013 Jianjun Song et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. K. Padhi, K. S. Nanjundaswamy, and J. B. Goodenough, “Phospho-olivines as positive-electrode materials for rechargeable lithium batteries,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 144, no. 4, pp. 1188–1194, 1997.
- Y. Liu, C. H. Mi, C. Z. Yuan, and X. G. Zhang, “Improvement of electrochemical and thermal stability of LiFePO4 cathode modified by CeO2,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 628, no. 1-2, pp. 73–80, 2009.
- P. Gibot, C. Delacourt, P. Poizot, S. Levasseur, and C. Masquelier, “Room-temperature single-phase Li insertion/extraction in nanoscale FePO4,” Electrochemical Solid-State Letters, vol. 7, pp. 741–747, 2008.
- G. T. K. Fey, Y. G. Chen, and H. M. Kao, “Electrochemical properties of LiFePO4 prepared via ball-milling,” The Journal of Power Sources, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 169–178, 2009.
- J. Ma, B. H. Li, H. D. Du, C. J. Xu, and F. Y. Kang, “The effect of vanadium on physicochemical and electrochemical performances of LiFePO4 cathode for lithium battery,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. A26–A32, 2011.
- Y. C. Ge, X. D. Yan, J. Liu et al., “An optimized Ni doped LiFePO4/C nanocomposite with excellent rate performance,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 20, pp. 5886–5890, 2010.
- S. Y. Chung, J. T. Bloking, and Y. M. Chiang, “Electronically conductive phospho-olivines as lithium storage electrodes,” Nature Materials, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 123–128, 2002.
- J. W. Yao, F. Wu, X. P. Qiu, N. Li, and Y. F. Su, “Effect of CeO2-coating on the electrochemical performances of LiFePO4/C cathode material,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 56, no. 16, pp. 5587–5592, 2011.
- Y. Yang, X. Z. Liao, Z. F. Ma, B. F. Wang, L. He, and Y. S. He, “Superior high-rate cycling performance of LiFePO4/C-PPy composite at 55°C,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1277–1280, 2009.
- S. W. Oh, S. T. Myung, S. M. Oh, C. S. Yoon, K. Amine, and Y. K. Sun, “Polyvinylpyrrolidone-assisted synthesis of microscale C-LiFePO4 with high tap density as positive electrode materials for lithium batteries,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 1193–1199, 2010.
- G. T. K. Fey and T. L. Lu, “Morphological characterization of LiFePO4/C composite cathode materials synthesized via a carboxylic acid route,” The Journal of Power Sources, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 807–814, 2008.
- Y. Jin, C. P. Yang, X. H. Rui, T. Cheng, and C. H. Chen, “V2O3 modified LiFePO4/C composite with improved electrochemical performance,” The Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 13, pp. 5623–5630, 2011.
- H. Liu and J. Y. Xie, “Synthesis and characterization of LiFe0.9Mg0.1PO4/nano-carbon webs composite cathode,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 209, no. 1, pp. 477–481, 2009.
- Y. D. Li, S. X. Zhao, C. W. Nan, and B. H. Li, “Electrochemical performance of SiO2-coated LiFePO4 cathode materials for lithium ion battery,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 3, pp. 957–960, 2011.
- H. H. Chang, C. C. Chang, C. Y. Su, H. C. Wu, M. H. Yang, and N. L. Wu, “Effects of TiO2 coating on high-temperature cycle performance of LiFePO4-based lithium-ion batteries,” The Journal of Power Sources, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 466–472, 2008.
- Y. Cui, X. L. Zhao, and R. S. Guo, “Enhanced electrochemical properties of LiFePO4 cathode material by CuO and carbon co-coating,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 490, no. 1-2, pp. 236–240, 2010.
- M. Mladenov, R. Stoyanova, E. Zhecheva, and S. Vassilev, “Effect of Mg doping and MgO-surface modification on the cycling stability of LiCoO2 electrodes,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 410–416, 2001.
- C. C. Chang, J. Y. Kim, and P. N. Kumta, “Synthesis and electrochemical characterization of divalent cation-incorporated lithium nickel oxide,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 147, no. 5, pp. 1722–1729, 2000.
- W. S. Yoon, K. W. Nam, D. Jang et al., “Structural study of the coating effect on the thermal stability of charged MgO-coated LiNi0.8Co0.2O2 cathodes investigated by in situ XRD,” The Journal of Power Sources, vol. 217, no. 1, pp. 128–134, 2012.
- J. Zhai, M. S. Zhao, D. D. Wang, and Y. Q. Qiao, “Effect of MgO nanolayer coated on Li3V2(PO4)3/C cathode material for lithium-ion battery,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 502, no. 2, pp. 401–406, 2010.
- M. Wagemaker, B. L. Ellis, D. Lützenkirchen-Hecht, F. M. Mulder, and L. F. Nazar, “Proof of supervalent doping in olivine LiFePO4,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 20, no. 20, pp. 6313–6315, 2008.
- W. J. Zhang, “Structure and performance of LiFePO4 cathode materials: a review,” The Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 6, pp. 2962–2970, 2011.
- G. X. Wang, L. Yang, Y. Chen, J. Z. Wang, S. Bewlay, and H. K. Liu, “An investigation of polypyrrole-LiFePO4 composite cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 50, no. 24, pp. 4649–4654, 2005.
- J. L. Liu, R. R. Jiang, X. Y. Wang, T. Huang, and A. S. Yu, “The defect chemistry of LiFePO4 prepared by hydrothermal method at different pH values,” The Journal of Power Sources, vol. 194, no. 1, pp. 536–540, 2009.