- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 702094, 7 pages
Multifunctional Logic Gate by Means of Nanodot Array with Different Arrangements
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060-0814, Japan
Received 8 November 2012; Revised 11 February 2013; Accepted 12 February 2013
Academic Editor: Sung Oh Cho
Copyright © 2013 Yasuo Takahashi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Grabert and M. H. Devoret, Single Charge Tunneling, Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- M. A. Kastner, “Artificial atoms,” Physics Today, vol. 46, pp. 24–31, 1993.
- K. K. Likharev, “Single-electron devices and their applications,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 606–632, 1999.
- Y. Takahashi, Y. Ono, A. Fujiwara, and H. Inokawa, “Silicon single-electron devices,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 14, no. 39, pp. R995–R1033, 2002.
- Y. Ono, A. Fujiwara, K. Nishiguchi, H. Inokawa, and Y. Takahashi, “Manipulation and detection of single electrons for future information processing,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 3, Article ID 031101, 19 pages, 2005.
- C. Wasshuber, H. Kosina, and S. Selberherr, “A comparative study of single-electron memories,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 2365–2371, 1998.
- T. Kaizawa, T. Oya, M. Arita, Y. Takahashi, and J. B. Choi, “Multifunctional device using nanodot array,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 45, no. 6A, pp. 5317–5321, 2006.
- H. Fukutome, Y. Momiyama, T. Kubo, Y. Tagawa, T. Aoyama, and H. Arimoto, “Direct evaluation of gate line edge roughness impact on extension profiles in sub-50-nm n-MOSFETs,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 2755–2763, 2006.
- T. Skotnicki, J. A. Hutchby, T. J. King, H. S. P. Wong, and F. Boeuf, “The end of CMOS scaling: toward the introduction of new materials and structural changes to improve MOSFET performance,” IEEE Circuits and Devices Magazine, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 16–26, 2005.
- A. Chin and S. P. McAlister, “The power of functional scaling: beyond the power consumption challenge and the scaling roadmap,” IEEE Circuits and Devices Magazine, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 2005.
- Y. Takahashi, A. Fujiwara, K. Yamazaki, H. Namatsu, K. Kurihara, and K. Murase, “Multigate single-electron transistors and their application to an exclusive-OR gate,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 637–639, 2000.
- T. Kaizawa, M. Arita, A. Fujiwara et al., “Single-electron device with si nanodot array and multiple input gates,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 535–541, 2009.
- Y. Takahashi, H. Namatsu, K. Kurihara, K. Iwadate, M. Nagase, and K. Murase, “Size dependence of the characteristics of si single-electron transistors on SIMOX substrates,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 1213–1217, 1996.
- H. Namatsu, Y. Takahashi, K. Yamazaki, T. Yamaguchi, M. Nagase, and K. Kurihara, “Three-dimensional siloxane resist for the formation of nanopatterns with minimum linewidth fluctuations,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 69–76, 1998.
- H. Inokawa, A. Fujiwara, and Y. Takahashi, “A multiple-valued logic and memory with combined single-electron and metal-oxide-semiconductor transistors,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 462–470, 2003.