- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 702679, 8 pages
Synthesis of h- and α-MoO3 by Refluxing and Calcination Combination: Phase and Morphology Transformation, Photocatalysis, and Photosensitization
1Department of Chemistry and Center for Innovation in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
2Department of Physics and Materials Science, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
3Materials Science Research Center, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
4Science and Technology Research Institute, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Received 29 April 2013; Accepted 18 June 2013
Academic Editor: Chunyi Zhi
Copyright © 2013 Pannipa Wongkrua et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Deki, A. B. Béléké, Y. Kotani, and M. Mizuhata, “Liquid phase deposition synthesis of hexagonal molybdenum trioxide thin films,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 182, no. 9, pp. 2362–2367, 2009.
- T. He, Y. Ma, Y. Cao, Y. Yin, W. Yang, and J. Yao, “Enhanced visible-light coloration and its mechanism of MoO3 thin films by Au nanoparticles,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 180, no. 3-4, pp. 336–340, 2001.
- K. Du, W. Fu, R. Wei et al., “Ultrasonic-assisted synthesis of highly dispersed MoO3 nanospheres using 3-mercaptopropyltrimethoxysilane,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 233–238, 2008.
- J. Song, X. Ni, L. Gao, and H. Zheng, “Synthesis of metastable h-MoO3 by simple chemical precipitation,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 102, no. 2-3, pp. 245–248, 2007.
- S. Bai, S. Chen, L. Chen et al., “Ultrasonic synthesis of MoO3 nanorods and their gas sensing properties,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 174, pp. 51–58, 2012.
- Z. Wu, D. Wang, X. Liang, and A. Sun, “Ultrasonic-assisted preparation of metastable hexagonal MoO3 nanorods and their transformation to microbelts,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 288–292, 2011.
- S. R. Dhage, M. S. Hassan, and O.-B. Yang, “Low temperature fabrication of hexagon shaped h-MoO3 nanorods and its phase transformation,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 114, no. 2-3, pp. 511–514, 2009.
- B. Gao, H. Fan, and X. Zhang, “Hydrothermal synthesis of single crystal MoO3 nanobelts and their electrochemical properties as cathode electrode materials for rechargeable lithium batteries,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 423–429, 2012.
- H. Sinaim, D. J. Ham, J. S. Lee, A. Phuruangrat, S. Thongtem, and T. Thongtem, “Free-polymer controlling morphology of α-MoO3 nanobelts by a facile hydrothermal synthesis, their electrochemistry for hydrogen evolution reactions and optical properties,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 516, pp. 172–178, 2012.
- J. Song, X. Ni, D. Zhang, and H. Zheng, “Fabrication and photoluminescence properties of hexagonal MoO3 rods,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 1164–1167, 2006.
- D. Parviz, M. Kazemeini, A. M. Rashidi, and K. Jafari Jozani, “Synthesis and characterization of MoO3 nanostructures by solution combustion method employing morphology and size control,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1509–1521, 2010.
- L. Boudaoud, N. Benramdane, R. Desfeux, B. Khelifa, and C. Mathieu, “Structural and optical properties of MoO3 and V2O5 thin films prepared by Spray Pyrolysis,” Catalysis Today, vol. 113, no. 3-4, pp. 230–234, 2006.
- H. Sinaim, A. Phuruangrat, S. Thongtem, and T. Thongtem, “Synthesis and characterization of heteronanostructured Ag nanoparticles/MoO3 nanobelts composites,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 132, no. 2-3, pp. 358–363, 2012.
- Y. Chen, C. Lu, L. Xu, Y. Ma, W. Hou, and J. Zhu, “Single-crystalline orthorhombic molybdenum oxide nanobelts: synthesis and photocatalytic properties,” CrystEngComm, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 3740–3747, 2010.
- A. Chithambararaj and A. C. Bose, “Hydrothermal synthesis of hexagonal and orthorhombic MoO3 nanoparticles,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 31, pp. 8105–8110, 2011.
- A. Chithambararaj and A. C. Bose, “Investigation on structural, thermal, optical and sensing properties of meta-stable hexagonal MoO3 nanocrystals of one dimensional structure,” Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 585–592, 2011.
- V. V. Atuchin, T. A. Gavrilova, V. G. Kostrovsky, L. D. Pokrovsky, and I. B. Troitskaia, “Morphology and structure of hexagonal MoO3 nanorods,” Inorganic Materials, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 622–627, 2008.
- A. Klinbumrung, T. Thongtem, and S. Thongtem, “Characterization of orthorhombic α-MoO3 microplates produced by a microwave plasma process,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 930763, 5 pages, 2012.
- L. X. Song, J. Xia, Z. Dang, J. Yang, L. B. Wang, and J. Chen, “Formation, structure and physical properties of a series of α-MoO3 nanocrystals: from 3D to 1D and 2D,” CrystEngComm, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 2675–2682, 2012.
- Powder Diffract. File, JCPDS-ICDD, 12 Campus Boulevard, Newtown Square, PA 19073-3273, USA., 2001.
- J. Huang, C. Xia, L. Cao, and X. Zeng, “Facile microwave hydrothermal synthesis of zinc oxide one-dimensional nanostructure with three-dimensional morphology,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 150, no. 3, pp. 187–193, 2008.
- Y. Ku, Y. Huang, and Y. Chou, “Preparation and characterization of ZnO/TiO2 for the photocatalytic reduction of Cr(VI) in aqueous solution,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 342-343, pp. 18–22, 2011.
- M. Vijay, V. Selvarajan, K. P. Sreekumar, J. Yu, S. Liu, and P. V. Ananthapadmanabhan, “Characterization and visible light photocatalytic properties of nanocrystalline TiO2 synthesized by reactive plasma processing,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 1540–1549, 2009.
- R. Al-Gaashani, S. Radiman, Y. Al-Douri, N. Tabet, and A. R. Daud, “Investigation of the optical properties of Mg(OH)2 and MgO nanostructures obtained by microwave-assisted methods,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 521, pp. 71–76, 2012.