- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 705161, 6 pages
Mathematical Simulation of Temperature Profiles within Microwave Heated Wood Made for Wood-Based Nanocomposites
1Material Science and Engineering College, Central South University of Forestry and Technology, Changsha, Hunan 410004, China
2College of Science, Central South University of Forestry and Technology, Changsha, Hunan 410004, China
Received 30 December 2012; Accepted 27 January 2013
Academic Editor: Li Li
Copyright © 2013 Xianjun Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Li, Y. Zhou, Y. Yan, Z. Cai, and F. Feng, “A single cell model for pretreatment of wood by microwave explosion,” Holzforschung, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 633–637, 2010.
- Y. D. Zhou, F. Fu, X. J. Li, X. M. Jiang, and Z. L. Chen, “Effects of microwave treatment on residue growth stress and microstructure of Eucalyptus urophylla,” Journal of Beijing Forestry University, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 2146–2150, 2009.
- G. A. Harris, G. Torgovnikov, P. Vinden, G. I. Brodie, and A. Shaginov, “Microwave pretreatment of backsawn messmate boards to improve drying quality: part 1,” Drying Technology, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 579–584, 2008.
- K. Sugiyanto, P. Vinden, G. Torgovnikov, and S. Przewloka, “Microwave surface modification of Pinus radiata peeler cores: technical and cost analyses,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 346–352, 2010.
- M. A. Mekhtiev and G. I. Torgovnikov, “Method of check analysis of microwave-modified wood,” Wood Science and Technology, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 507–519, 2004.
- S. R. Przewloka, J. A. Hann, and P. Vinden, “Assessment of commercial low viscosity resins as binders in the wood composite material Vintorg,” Holz als Roh, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 209–214, 2007.
- G. Torgovnikov and P. Vinden, “New wood based materials TORGVIN and VINTORG,” in Proceedings of the 5th Pacific Rim Bio-Based Composites Symposium, pp. 756–757, Canberra, Australia, 2000.
- G. Torgovnikov and P. Vinden, “New 300 Kw plant for microwave wood modification,” in Proceedings of the International Microwave Power Institute's 40th Annual Symposium, pp. 260–263, Boston, Mass, USA, 2006.
- P. Vinden, G. Torgovnikov, and J. Hann, “Microwave modification of Radiata pine railway sleepers for preservative treatment,” European Journal of Wood and Wood Products, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 271–279, 2011.
- G. Torgovnikov and P. Vinden, “High-intensity microwave wood modification for increasing permeability,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 84–92, 2009.
- G. Torgovnikov and P. Vinden, “Microwave wood modification technology and its applications,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 173–182, 2010.
- G. Yuan, Y. Liu, Y. Hu, and Z. Yang, “Research on dispersing and surface treatment of inorganic-nanoparticles used for wood/inorganic-nano-composite,” Journal of Wuhan University of Technology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 142–145, 2008.
- G. M. Yuan, Y. Liu, Y. Q. WU, et al., “Study on St ructure character ization and combining mechanism of Chinese Fir/Nano-SiO2 composite,” Journal of Hunan University, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 59–62, 2009.
- A. L. Antti, “Microwave drying of hardwood: simultaneous measurements of pressure, temperature and weight reduction,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 49–54, 1992.
- A. L. Antti and P. Perré, “A microwave applicator for on line wood drying: temperature and moisture distribution in wood,” Wood Science and Technology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 123–138, 1999.
- G. Du, S. Wang, and Z. Cai, “Microwave drying of wood strands,” Drying Technology, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2421–2436, 2005.
- X. J. Li, Q. L. Wu, W. Jiang, and B. G. Zhang, “Mechanism of moisture movement in wood during microwave-vacuum drying,” Journal of Beijing Forestry University, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 150–153, 2006.
- Y. H. Tong, “Research on the technology of wood dried by microwave,” Journal of Northeast Forestry University, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 67–73, 1986.
- G. J. Rajeev and N. P. Perry, “Nonisothermal radiofrequency drying of red oak,” Wood and Fiber Science, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 476–485, 2001.
- P. Zielonka, E. Gierlik, M. Matejak, and K. Dolowy, “The comparison of experimental and theoretical temperature distribution during microwave wood heating,” Holz als Roh, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 395–398, 1997.
- Z. P. Piotr and D. Krzysztof, “Microwave drying of Spruce: moisture content, temperature and heat energy distribution,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 395–398, 1998.
- X. J. Li, Mechanism of Heat Transfer and Characteristics of Microwave Vacuum Drying in Wood, Environmental Science Press, Beijing, China, 2009.
- J. F. Siau, Transport Processes in Wood, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- Y. M. Xu, Wood Science and Technology, China Forestry Press, Beijing, China, 2006.
- X. J. Li, B. G. Zhang, and W. J. Li, “Microwave-vacuum drying of wood: model formulation and verification,” Drying Technology, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1382–1387, 2008.