- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 706354, 8 pages
Facile and Sensitive Epifluorescent Silica Nanoparticles for the Rapid Screening of EHEC
1Department of Microbiology, Food Safety Center, Faculty of Science, King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi,
Bangkok 10140, Thailand
2Department of Microbiology, Kasetsart University, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
Received 3 January 2013; Accepted 21 April 2013
Academic Editor: Mohamed Bououdina
Copyright © 2013 Pravate Tuitemwong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Vanne, M. Karwoski, S. Karppinen, and A. M. Sjöberg, “HACCP-based food quality control and rapid detection methods for microorganisms,” Food Control, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 263–276, 1996.
- D. Ivnitski, I. Abdel-Hamid, P. Atanasov, and E. Wilkins, “Biosensors for detection of pathogenic bacteria,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 599–624, 1999.
- W. Lian, S. A. Litherland, H. Badrane et al., “Ultrasensitive detection of biomolecules with fluorescent dye-doped nanoparticles,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 334, no. 1, pp. 135–144, 2004.
- S. Santra, P. Zhang, K. Wang, R. Tapec, and W. Tan, “Conjugation of biomolecules with luminophore-doped silica nanoparticles for photostable biomarkers,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 73, no. 20, pp. 4988–4993, 2001.
- O. H. Lowry, N. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr, and R. J. Randall, “Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 265–275, 1951.
- W. Tansub, K. Tuitemwong, S. Thepwiwat, P. Limsuwan, and P. Tuitemwong, “Synthesis of antibodies-conjugated fluorescent dye-doped silica nanoparticles for a rapid single step detection of Campylobacter jejuni in live poultry,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 865186, 7 pages, 2012.
- Malvern Instruments Ltd, Zeta Potential Measurement Using Laser Doppler Electrophoresis (LDE), Innovative Solutions in Material Characterization, Malvern, UK, 2011, http://www.malvern.com/LabEng/technology/zeta_potential/zeta_potential_LDE.htm.
- X. Zhao, L. R. Hilliard, S. J. Mechery et al., “A rapid bioassay for single bacterial cell quantitation using bioconjugated nanoparticles,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 42, pp. 15027–15032, 2004.
- I. Abarkan, T. Doussineau, and M. Smaïhi, “Tailored macro/microstructural properties of colloidal silica nanoparticles via microemulsion preparation,” Polyhedron, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 1763–1770, 2006.
- H. Zhao, Y. Li, R. Liu, F. Zhao, and Y. Hu, “Synthesis method for silica needle-shaped nano-hollow structure,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 19, pp. 3401–3403, 2008.
- M. Zhao, L. Zheng, X. Bai, N. Li, and L. Yu, “Fabrication of silica nanoparticles and hollow spheres using ionic liquid microemulsion droplets as templates,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 346, no. 1–3, pp. 229–236, 2009.
- J. T. Park, J. A. Seo, S. H. Ahn, J. H. Kim, and S. W. Kang, “Surface modification of silica nanoparticles with hydrophilic polymers,” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 517–522, 2010.
- D. D. Asouhidou, K. S. Triantafyllidis, N. K. Lazaridis, and K. A. Matis, “Adsorption of Remazol Red 3BS from aqueous solutions using APTES- and cyclodextrin-modified HMS-type mesoporous silicas,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 346, no. 1–3, pp. 83–90, 2009.
- B. Shi, Y. Wang, Y. Guo et al., “Aminopropyl-functionalized silicas synthesized by W/O microemulsion for immobilization of penicillin G acylase,” Catalysis Today, vol. 148, no. 1-2, pp. 184–188, 2010.
- L. D. White and C. P. Tripp, “Reaction of (3-aminopropyl)dimethylethoxysilane with amine catalysts on silica surfaces,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 232, no. 2, pp. 400–407, 2000.