- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 710175, 19 pages
A Review on Nanomaterial Dispersion, Microstructure, and Mechanical Properties of Carbon Nanotube and Nanofiber Reinforced Cementitious Composites
1Fibrous Materials Research Group (FMRG), School of Engineering, University of Minho, 4800-058 Guimaraes, Portugal
2Department of Civil Engineering, University of Minho, 4800-058 Guimaraes, Portugal
Received 11 March 2013; Accepted 28 May 2013
Academic Editor: Tianxi Liu
Copyright © 2013 Shama Parveen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stefano Casciardi, Renata Sisto, and Marco Diociaiuti, “The Analytical Transmission Electron Microscopy: A Powerful Tool for the Investigation of Low-Dimensional Carbon Nanomaterials,” Journal of Nanomaterials, 2013.
- Nouari Saheb, Najam Ul Qadir, Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazl Muhammad Arif, Syed Sohail Akhtar, and Nasser Al-Aqeeli, “Characterization of Nanoreinforcement Dispersion in Inorganic Nanocomposites: A Review,” Materials, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 4148–4181, 2014.
- Maria del Carmen Camacho, Oscar Galao, Francisco Javier Baeza, Emilio Zornoza, and Pedro Garces, “Mechanical Properties and Durability of CNT Cement Composites,” Materials, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 1640–1651, 2014.
- Tanvir Manzur, and Nur Yazdani, “Optimum mix ratio for Carbon Nanotubes in cement mortar,” KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 2014.
- Samuel Chuah, Zhu Pan, Jay G. Sanjayan, Chien Ming Wang, and Wen Hui Duan, “Nano reinforced cement and concrete composites and new perspective from graphene oxide,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 73, pp. 113–124, 2014.
- Rasel Das, Md. Eaqub Ali, Sharifah Bee Abd Hamid, M. S. M. Annuar, and Seeram Ramakrishna, “Common Wet Chemical Agents for Purifying Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Tanvir Manzur, Nur Yazdani, and Md. Abul Bashar Emon, “Effect of Carbon Nanotube Size on Compressive Strengths of Nanotube Reinforced Cementitious Composites,” Journal of Materials, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Snigdha Sharma, and N.C. Kothiyal, “Synergistic effect of zero-dimensional spherical carbon nanoparticles and one-dimensional carbon nanotubes on properties of cement-based ceramic matrix: microstructural perspectives and crystallization investigations,” Composite Interfaces, pp. 1–23, 2015.
- Shama Parveen, Sohel Rana, Raul Fangueiro, and Maria Conceição Paiva, “Microstructure and mechanical properties of carbon nanotube reinforced cementitious composites developed using a novel dispersion technique,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 73, pp. 215–227, 2015.
- Baoguo Han, Shengwei Sun, Siqi Ding, Liqing Zhang, Xun Yu, and Jinping Ou, “Review of nanocarbon-engineered multifunctional cementitious composites,” Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, vol. 70, pp. 69–81, 2015.
- WonSool Ahn, and Joon-Man Lee, “Effect of CNT as a Nucleating Agent on Cell Morphology and Thermal Insulation Property of the Rigid Polyurethane Foams,” Journal Of Nanoscience And Nanotechnology, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 9125–9130, 2015.
- Sanjeev Kumar, Prabir Kolay, Sunil Malla, and Sanjay Mishra, “Effect of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube in Cement Composite on Mechanical Strength and Freeze-Thaw Susceptibility,” Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 20150006, 2015.
- Lesa Brown, and Florence Sanchez, “Influence of carbon nanofiber clustering on the chemo-mechanical behavior of cement pastes,” Cement and Concrete Composites, 2015.
- V. Obradovic, D. B. Stojanovic, I. Zivkovic, V. Radojevic, P. S. Uskokovic, and R. Aleksic, “Dynamic Mechanical and Impact Properties of Composites Reinforced with Carbon Nanotubes,” Fibers And Polymers, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 138–145, 2015.
- Snigdha Sharma, and N. C. Kothiyal, “Influence of graphene oxide as dispersed phase in cement mortar matrix in defining the crystal patterns of cement hydrates and its effect on mechanical, microstructural and crystallization properties,” RSC Adv., vol. 5, no. 65, pp. 52642–52657, 2015.
- Genki Saito, and Tomohiro Akiyama, “Nanomaterial Synthesis Using Plasma Generation in Liquid,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2015, pp. 1–21, 2015.
- Shu-Nan Lu, Ning Xie, Li-Chao Feng, and Jing Zhong, “Applications of Nanostructured Carbon Materials in Constructions: The State of the Art,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2015, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Amirpasha Peyvandi, Daniel Holmes, Parviz Soroushian, and Anagi M. Balachandra, “A Fundamental Assessment of Graphite Nanoplatelet Effects on Progress of Alkali-Silica Reactions,” ACI Materials Journal, 2015.
- Pei Zhai, Jacqueline A. Isaacs, and Matthew J. Eckelman, “Net energy benefits of carbon nanotube applications,” Applied Energy, vol. 173, pp. 624–634, 2016.
- Catherine Stephens, Lesa Brown, and Florence Sanchez, “Quantification of the re-agglomeration of carbon nanofiber aqueous dispersion in cement pastes and effect on the early age flexural response,” Carbon, 2016.
- Li Zhao, Xinli Guo, Chuang Ge, Qi Li, Liping Guo, Xin Shu, and Jiaping Liu, “Investigation of the effectiveness of PC@GO on the reinforcement for cement composites,” Construction And Building Materials, vol. 113, pp. 470–478, 2016.
- Tanvir Manzur, and Nur Yazdani, “Effect of Different Parameters on Properties of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube-Reinforced Cement Composites,” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 2016.
- Yo Han Kwon, Matthew Huie, Dalsu Choi, Mincheol Chang, Amy C. Marschilok, Kenneth J. Takeuchi, Esther S. Takeuchi, and Elsa Reichmanis, “Towards Uniformly Dispersed Battery Electrode Composite Materials: Characteristics and Performance,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016.
- N. C. Kothiyal, Snigdha Sharma, Swati Mahajan, and Sapna Sethi, “Characterization of reactive graphene oxide synthesized from ball – milled graphite: its enhanced reinforcing effects on cement nanocomposites,” Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, pp. 1–19, 2016.
- Tanvir Manzur, Nur Yazdani, and Md. Abul Bashar Emon, “Potential of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Cement Composites as Concrete Repair Material,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2016, pp. 1–10, 2016.
- Carmen Camacho-Ballesta, Emilio Zornoza, and Pedro Garces, “Performance of cement-based sensors with CNT for strain sensing,” Advances In Cement Research, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 274–284, 2016.