- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 710902, 10 pages
Green Synthesis of Gold Nanoparticles with Self-Sustained Natural Rubber Membranes
1Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia, UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, CP 467, 19060-080 Presidente Prudente, SP, Brazil
2Materials and Surface Science Group, University of Windsor, Windsor, On, Canada N9B 3P4
3CellMat Laboratory, Condensed Matter Physics Department, University of Valladolid, 47011 Valladolid, Spain
Received 26 June 2013; Accepted 17 August 2013
Academic Editor: Hongchen Chen Gu
Copyright © 2013 Flávio C. Cabrera et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Rycenga, C. M. Cobley, J. Zeng et al., “Controlling the synthesis and assembly of silver nanostructures for plasmonic applications,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 111, no. 6, pp. 3669–3712, 2011.
- M. R. Jones, K. D. Osberg, R. J. MacFarlane, M. R. Langille, and C. A. Mirkin, “Templated techniques for the synthesis and assembly of plasmonic nanostructures,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 111, no. 6, pp. 3736–3827, 2011.
- L. Rivas, S. Sanchez-Cortes, J. V. García-Ramos, and G. Morcillo, “Mixed silver/gold colloids: a study of their formation, morphology, and surface-enhanced raman activity,” Langmuir, vol. 16, no. 25, pp. 9722–9728, 2000.
- Z. Wang, B. Tan, I. Hussain et al., “Design of polymeric stabilizers for size-controlled synthesis of monodisperse gold nanoparticles in water,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 885–895, 2007.
- Y. N. Xia, Y. J. Xiong, B. Lim, and S. E. Skrabalak, “Shape-controlled synthesis of metal nanocrystals: simple chemistry meets complex physics?” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 60–103, 2009.
- K. L. Kelly, E. Coronado, L. L. Zhao, and G. C. Schatz, “The optical properties of metal nanoparticles: the influence of size, shape, and dielectric environment,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 668–677, 2003.
- J. P. Camden, J. A. Dieringer, J. Zhao, and R. P. van Duyne, “Controlled plasmonic nanostructures for surface-enhanced spectroscopy and sensing,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1653–1661, 2008.
- R. Aroca, Surface-Enhanced Vibrational Spectroscopy, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 2006.
- E. C. Le Ru and P. G. Etchegoin, Principles of Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy: And Related Plasmonic Effects, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2009.
- R. F. Aroca, R. A. Alvarez-Puebla, N. Pieczonka, S. Sanchez-Cortez, and J. V. Garcia-Ramos, “Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on colloidal nanostructures,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 116, no. 1–3, pp. 45–61, 2005.
- P. C. Andersen, M. L. Jacobson, and K. L. Rowlen, “Flashy silver nanoparticles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 7, pp. 2148–2153, 2004.
- D.-Y. Wu, J.-F. Li, B. Ren, and Z.-Q. Tian, “Electrochemical surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy of nanostructures,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1025–1041, 2008.
- B. Ren, G. K. Liu, X. B. Lian, Z. L. Yang, and Z. Q. Tian, “Raman spectroscopy on transition metals,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 388, no. 1, pp. 29–45, 2007.
- M. J. Banholzer, J. E. Millstone, L. Qin, and C. A. Mirkin, “Rationally designed nanostructures for surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 885–897, 2008.
- A. Annamalai, V. L. P. Christina, D. Sudha, M. Kalpana, and P. T. V. Lakshmi, “Green synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of Au NPs using Euphorbia hirta L. leaf extract,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 108, pp. 60–65, 2013.
- V. G. Kumar, S. D. Gokavarapu, A. Rajeswari et al., “Facile green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using leaf extract of antidiabetic potent Cassia auriculata,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 159–163, 2011.
- M. V. Sujitha and S. Kannan, “Green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using Citrus fruits (Citrus limon, Citrus reticulata and Citrus sinensis) aqueous extract and its characterization,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 102, pp. 15–23, 2013.
- G. Gajanan, M. Chang, J. Kim, and E. Jin, “Biogenic materialization using pear extract intended for the synthesis and design of ordered gold nanostructures,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 46, no. 14, pp. 4741–4747, 2011.
- S. A. Aromal and D. Philip, “Green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using Trigonella foenum-graecum and its size-dependent catalytic activity,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 97, pp. 1–5, 2012.
- R. Vijayakumar, V. Devi, K. Adavallan, and D. Saranya, “Green synthesis and characterization of gold nanoparticles using extract of anti-tumor potent Crocus sativus,” Physica E, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 665–671, 2011.
- M. Noruzi, D. Zare, K. Khoshnevisan, and D. Davoodi, “Rapid green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using Rosa hybrida petal extract at room temperature,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 1461–1465, 2011.
- D. Parial, H. K. Patra, A. K. R. Dasgupta, and R. Pal, “Screening of different algae for green synthesis of gold nanoparticles,” European Journal of Phycology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 22–29, 2012.
- K. B. Narayanan and N. Sakthivel, “Synthesis and characterization of nano-gold composite using Cylindrocladium floridanum and its heterogeneous catalysis in the degradation of 4-nitrophenol,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 189, no. 1-2, pp. 519–525, 2011.
- H. Bar, D. K. Bhui, G. P. Sahoo, P. Sarkar, S. Pyne, and A. Misra, “Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using seed extract of Jatropha curcas,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 348, no. 1–3, pp. 212–216, 2009.
- H. Bar, D. K. Bhui, G. P. Sahoo, et al., “Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using latex of Jatropha curcas,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 339, no. 1–3, pp. 134–139, 2009.
- E. J. Guidelli, A. P. Ramos, M. E. D. Zaniquelli, and O. Baffa, “Green synthesis of colloidal silver nanoparticles using natural rubber latex extracted from Hevea brasiliensis,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 140–145, 2011.
- N. H. H. Abu Bakar, J. Ismail, and M. Abu Bakar, “Synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles in natural rubber,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 104, no. 2-3, pp. 276–283, 2007.
- M. Abu Bakar, J. Ismail, C. H. Teoh, W. L. Tan, and S. Ong, “Epoxidised natural rubber-stabilised gold colloids prepared in an organic mixture of toluene and 2-propanol,” Journal of Rubber Research, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 196–208, 2008.
- D. L. S. Agostini, C. J. L. Constantino, and A. E. Job, “Thermal degradation of both latex and latex cast films forming membranes,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 703–707, 2008.
- M. Ferreira, R. M. B. Moreno, P. S. Gonçalves, and L. H. C. Mattoso, Boletim de Pesquisa, EMBRAPA, São Carlos, Brazil, 1999.
- M. M. Rippel, Caracterização Microestrutural de filmes e partículas de látex de borracha natural [Ph.D. thesis], Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP) Instituto de Química, 2005.
- N. V. David, X. L. Gao, and J. Q. Zheng, “Stress relaxation of a twaron/natural rubber composite,” Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, vol. 133, no. 1, Article ID 011001, 9 pages, 2011.
- S. Fatima and A. R. Mohanty, “Acoustical and fire-retardant properties of jute composite materials,” Applied Acoustics, vol. 72, no. 2-3, pp. 108–114, 2011.
- A. J. Keslarek, C. A. P. Leite, and F. Galembeck, “Surfactant and counter-ion distribution in styrene-butyl acrylate-acrylic acid dry latex submonolayers,” Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 66–74, 2004.
- I. B. Cursi, M. A. Cipriani Frade, F. Fortes Andrade, et al., “Management of diabetic skin wounds with a natural latex biomembrane,” Medicina Cutanea Ibero-Latino-Americana, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 157–162, 2004.
- F. C. Cabrera, P. H. B. Aoki, R. F. Aroca, C. J. L. Constantino, D. S. dos Santos, and A. E. Job, “Portable smart films for ultrasensitive detection and chemical analysis using SERS and SERRS,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 474–477, 2012.
- C. G. Barboza, F. C. Cabrera, R. J. dos Santos, J. A. D. Saez, and A. E. Job, “The influence of natural rubber/Au nanoparticle membranes on the physiology of Leishmania brasiliensis,” Experimental Parasitology, vol. 130, no. 2, pp. 152–158, 2012.
- M. I. T. de Souza, J. Q. Silva, P. D. S. Gonçalves, et al., “Rubber tree exploitation systems utilized in Asian clones Prang Besar, in the West of São Paulo, Brazil,” Pesquisa Agropecuaria Brasileira, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 949–955, 2007.
- F. C. Cabrera, D. L. S. Agostini, R. J. dos Santos, S. R. Teixeira, M. A. Rodrıguez-Perez, and A. E. Job, “Characterization of natural rubber/gold nanoparticles SERS-active substrate,” Journal Applied Polymer Science, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 186–192, 2013.
- A. M. Healey, P. J. Hendra, and Y. D. West, “A fourier-transform Raman study of the strain-induced crystallization and cold crystallization of natural rubber,” Polymer, vol. 37, no. 18, pp. 4009–4024, 1996.
- P. Nallasamy and S. Mohan, “Vibrational spectra of cis-1,4-polyisoprene,” The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 17–26, 2004.
- M. A. de Paoli, Degradação e Estabilização de Polímeros, ChemKeys, 2nd edition, 2008.
- M. R. Slabaugh and S. L. Seager, Organic and Biochemistry for Today, 4th edition, 1999.
- S. Amnuaypornsri, J. Sakdapipanich, and Y. Tanaka, “Highly purified natural rubber by saponificaion of latex: analysis of green and cured properties,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 3524–3531, 2010.