- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 716012, 5 pages
Formation of Various Pyramidal Structures on Monocrystalline Silicon Surface and Their Influence on the Solar Cells
1State Key Lab of Silicon Materials, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
2Zhejiang Institute of Quality Inspection Science, Hangzhou 310013, China
Received 22 June 2013; Accepted 13 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jiamin Wu
Copyright © 2013 Yangang Han et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Polman and H. A. Atwater, “Photonic design principles for ultrahigh-efficiency photovoltaics,” Nature Materials, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 174–177, 2012.
- X. Y. Huang, S. Y. Han, W. Huang, and X. G. Liu, “Enhancing solar cell efficiency: the search for luminescent materials as spectral converters,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 173–201, 2013.
- M. A. Green, “Crystalline and thin-film silicon solar cells: state of the art and future potential,” Solar Energy, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 181–192, 2003.
- L. Forbes, “Texturing, reflectivity, diffuse scattering and light trapping in silicon solar cells,” Solar Energy, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 319–325, 2012.
- E. Vazsonyi, K. De Clercq, R. Einhaus et al., “Improved anisotropic etching process for industrial texturing of silicon solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 179–188, 1999.
- R. Barrio, N. González, J. Cárabe, and J. J. Gandía, “Optimisation of NaOH texturisation process of silicon wafers for heterojunction solar-cells applications,” Solar Energy, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 845–854, 2012.
- E. Manea, E. Budianu, M. Purica et al., “Optimization of front surface texturing processes for high-efficiency silicon solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 87, no. 1–4, pp. 423–431, 2005.
- Z. Q. Xi, D. R. Yang, W. Dan, C. Jun, X. H. Li, and D. L. Que, “Investigation of texturization for monocrystalline silicon solar cells with different kinds of alkaline,” Renewable Energy, vol. 29, no. 13, pp. 2101–2107, 2004.
- Z. Q. Xi, D. R. Yang, and D. L. Que, “Texturization of monocrystalline silicon with tribasic sodium phosphate,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 255–263, 2003.
- B. Vallejo, M. González-Mañas, J. Martínez-López, and M. A. Caballero, “On the texturization of monocrystalline silicon with sodium carbonate solutions,” Solar Energy, vol. 81, no. 5, pp. 565–569, 2007.
- Y. Nishimoto and K. Namba, “Investigation of texturization for crystalline silicon solar cells with sodium carbonate solutions,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 393–402, 2000.
- A. K. Chu, J. S. Wang, Z. Y. Tsai, and C. K. Lee, “A simple and cost-effective approach for fabricating pyramids on crystalline silicon wafers,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 1276–1280, 2009.
- H. H. Li, W. F. Liu, A. Liu, F. Qiao, Z. Hu, and Y. Liu, “Metal grids-based texturization of monocrystalline silicon wafers for solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 942–945, 2010.
- H. L. Chen, W. Fan, C. C. Cheng, C. H. Lin, and K. T. Huang, “Fabrication of texturing antireflection structures in solar cells by using the defocusing exposure in optical lithography,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 153, no. 9, pp. G802–G806, 2006.
- A. Mavrokefalos, S. E. Han, S. Yerci, M. S. Branham, and G. Chen, “Efficient light trapping in inverted nanopyramid thin crystalline silicon membranes for solar cell applications,” Nano Letters, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 2792–2796, 2012.
- H. L. Chen, S. Y. Chuang, C. H. Lin, and Y. H. Lin, “Using colloidal lithography to fabricate and optimize sub-wavelength pyramidal and honeycomb structures in solar cells,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 22, pp. 14793–14803, 2007.
- X. M. Zhang, J. H. Zhang, Z. Y. Ren et al., “Morphology and wettability control of silicon cone arrays using colloidal lithography,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 13, pp. 7375–7382, 2009.
- X.-S. Hua, Y.-J. Zhang, and H.-W. Wang, “The effect of texture unit shape on silicon surface on the absorption properties,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 258–262, 2010.
- F. Llopis and I. Tobías, “Influence of texture feature size on the optical performance of silicon solar cells,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 27–36, 2005.
- H. Sai, Y. Kanamori, K. Arafune, Y. Ohshita, and M. Yamaguchi, “Light trapping effect of submicron surface textures in crystalline Si solar cells,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 415–423, 2007.
- U. Gangopadhyay, K. H. Kim, S. K. Dhungel et al., “A novel low cost texturization method for large area commercial mono-crystalline silicon solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 20, pp. 3557–3567, 2006.