- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 730952, 5 pages
Growth of Carbon Nanotubes on Carbon/Cobalt Films with Different sp2/sp3 Ratios
1School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
2Temasek Laboratories@NTU, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
3GLOBALFOUNDRIES Singapore Pte. Ltd., Singapore 738406
Received 10 May 2013; Accepted 7 June 2013
Academic Editor: Xingbin Yan
Copyright © 2013 Naiyun Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. N. Popov, “Carbon nanotubes: properties and application,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 43, no. 3, 2004.
- D. J. Yang, Q. Zhang, G. Chen, S. F. Yoon, J. Ahn, S. G. Wang, et al., “Thermal conductivity of multiwalled carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review B, vol. 66, Article ID 165440, 6 pages, 2002.
- S. Ciraci, S. Dag, T. Yildirim, O. Gülseren, and R. T. Senger, “Functionalized carbon nanotubes and device applications,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 16, no. 29, pp. R901–R960, 2004.
- K. P. Yung, J. Wei, and B. K. Tay, “Formation and assembly of carbon nanotube bumps for interconnection applications,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1109–1113, 2009.
- C. P. Deck and K. Vecchio, “Prediction of carbon nanotube growth success by the analysis of carbon-catalyst binary phase diagrams,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 267–275, 2006.
- C. C. Yap, D. Tan, C. Brun et al., “Impact of the CNT growth process on gold metallization dedicated to RF interconnect applications,” International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 463–469, 2010.
- Y. B. Zhang, S. P. Lau, L. Huang, and B. K. Tay, “Carbon nanotubes grown on cobalt-containing amorphous carbon composite films,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 171–175, 2006.
- Y. Awano, S. Sato, M. Nihei, T. Sakai, Y. Ohno, and T. Mizutani, “Carbon nanotubes for VLSI: interconnect and transistor applications,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 98, no. 12, pp. 2015–2031, 2010.
- P. Zhang, B. K. Tay, and S. P. Lau, “Rapid thermal annealing study on the metal containing amorphous carbon films,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 12, no. 10-11, pp. 2093–2098, 2003.
- A. T. T. Koh, J. Hsieh, and D. H. C. Chua, “Electron emission studies of CNTs grown on Ti and Ni containing amorphous carbon nanocomposite films,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 1, pp. 178–182, 2009.
- T. Takeno, H. Miki, T. Takagi, and H. Onodera, “Electrically conductive properties of tungsten-containing diamond-like carbon films,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 15, no. 11-12, pp. 1902–1905, 2006.
- S. Sansongsiri, A. Anders, and B. Yotsombat, “Electrical properties of a-C: mo films produced by dual-cathode filtered cathodic arc plasma deposition,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 2080–2083, 2008.
- J. L. Endrino, D. Horwat, R. Gago et al., “Electronic structure and conductivity of nanocomposite metal (Au, Ag, Cu, Mo)-containing amorphous carbon films,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1742–1746, 2009.
- N. Xu, H. T. E. Teo, M. Shakerzadeh, X. Wang, C. M. Ng, and B. K. Tay, “Electrical properties of textured carbon film formed by pulsed laser annealing,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 23, pp. 135–139, 2012.
- C. W. Tan, S. Maziar, E. H. T. Teo, and B. K. Tay, “Microstructure and through-film electrical characteristics of vertically aligned amorphous carbon films,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 290–293, 2011.
- M. Shakerzadeh, N. Xu, M. Bosman et al., “Field emission enhancement and microstructural changes of carbon films by single pulse laser irradiation,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 1018–1024, 2011.
- D. W. M. Lau, D. G. McCulloch, M. B. Taylor et al., “Abrupt stress induced transformation in amorphous carbon films with a highly conductive transition phase,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 17, Article ID 176101, 2008.
- N. Y. Xu, H. T. Teo, X. C. Wang, A. Y. Du, C. M. Ng, and B. K. Tay, “Carbon metal composite film deposited using novel filtered cathodic vacuum arc technique,” in Proceedings of the 61st Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC '11), pp. 1234–1238, June 2011.
- J. Robertson, “Diamond-like amorphous carbon,” Materials Science & Engineering, vol. 37, no. 4–6, pp. 129–281, 2002.
- A. C. Ferrari and J. Robertson, “Interpretation of Raman spectra of disordered and amorphous carbon,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 20, pp. 14095–14107, 2000.
- G. Abrasonis, M. Krause, A. Mücklich, K. Sedlacková, G. Radnóczi, U. Kreissig, et al., “Growth regimes and metal enhanced 6-fold ring clustering of carbon in carbon-nickel composite thin films,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 15, pp. 2995–3006, 2007.
- K. D. G. I. Jayawardena, Y. Y. Tan, J. Fryar et al., “Highly conductive nanoclustered carbon:nickel films grown by pulsed laser deposition,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 3781–3788, 2011.
- M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, R. Saito, and A. Jorio, “Raman spectroscopy of carbon nanotubes,” Physics Reports, vol. 409, no. 2, pp. 47–99, 2005.
- X. Sun, K. Li, R. Wu et al., “The effect of catalysts and underlayer metals on the properties of PECVD-grown carbon nanostructures,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 4, Article ID 045201, 2010.