- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 734686, 7 pages
Carbon Micronymphaea: Graphene on Vertically Aligned Carbon Nanotubes
Institute of Energy Technology, ETH Zürich, Sonneggstraße 3, 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
Received 5 March 2013; Accepted 24 July 2013
Academic Editor: Nadya Mason
Copyright © 2013 Jong Won Choi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Purewal, B. H. Hong, A. Ravi, B. Chandra, J. Hone, and P. Kim, “Scaling of resistance and electron mean free path of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 18, Article ID 186808, 2007.
- W.-K. Tse, E. H. Hwang, and S. Das Sarma, “Ballistic hot electron transport in graphene,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 2, Article ID 023128, 2008.
- S. D. Li, Z. Yu, C. Rutherglen, and P. J. Burke, “Electrical properties of 0.4 cm long single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 2003–2007, 2004.
- F. Giannazzo, S. Sonde, R. L. Nigro, E. Rimini, and V. Raineri, “Mapping the density of scattering centers limiting the electron mean free path in graphene,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 4612–4618, 2011.
- R. F. Zhang, Q. Wen, W. Z. Qian, D. S. Su, Q. Zhang, and F. Wei, “Superstrong ultralong carbon nanotubes for mechanical energy storage,” Advanced Materials, vol. 23, no. 30, pp. 3387–3391, 2011.
- C. Lee, X. D. Wei, J. W. Kysar, and J. Hone, “Measurement of the elastic properties and intrinsic strength of monolayer graphene,” Science, vol. 321, no. 5887, pp. 385–388, 2008.
- E. Pop, D. Mann, Q. Wang, K. Goodson, and H. Dai, “Thermal conductance of an individual single-wall carbon nanotube above room temperature,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 96–100, 2006.
- A. A. Balandin, S. Ghosh, W. Bao et al., “Superior thermal conductivity of single-layer graphene,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 902–907, 2008.
- S. Paulson, A. Helser, M. Buongiorno Nardelli et al., “Tunable resistance of a carbon nanotube-graphite interface,” Science, vol. 290, no. 5497, pp. 1742–1744, 2000.
- H. Q. Zhu, Y. M. Zhang, L. Yue et al., “Graphite-carbon nanotube composite electrodes for all vanadium redox flow battery,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 184, no. 2, pp. 637–640, 2008.
- Y. Tang and J. H. Gou, “Synergistic effect on electrical conductivity of few-layer graphene/multi-walled carbon nanotube paper,” Materials Letters, vol. 64, no. 22, pp. 2513–2516, 2010.
- U. Khan, I. O'Connor, Y. K. Gun'Ko, and J. N. Coleman, “The preparation of hybrid films of carbon nanotubes and nano-graphite/graphene with excellent mechanical and electrical properties,” Carbon, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 2825–2830, 2010.
- D. S. Yu and L. M. Dai, “Self-assembled graphene/carbon nanotube hybrid films for supercapacitors,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 467–470, 2010.
- B. A. Zhang, Q. B. Zheng, Z. D. Huang, S. W. Oh, and J. K. Kim, “SnO2-graphene-carbon nanotube mixture for anode material with improved rate capacities,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 13, pp. 4524–4534, 2011.
- C. Y. Li, Z. Li, H. W. Zhu et al., “Graphene nano-“patches” on a carbon nanotube network for highly transparent/conductive thin film applications,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 33, pp. 14008–14012, 2010.
- D. Kondo, S. Sato, and Y. Awano, “Self-organization of novel carbon composite structure: graphene multi-layers combined perpendicularly with aligned carbon nanotubes,” Applied Physics Express, vol. 1, no. 7, Article ID 0740033, 2008.
- V. Jousseaume, J. Cuzzocrea, N. Bernier, and V. T. Renard, “Few graphene layers/carbon nanotube composites grown at complementary-metal-oxide-semiconductor compatible temperature,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 12, Article ID 123103, 2011.
- R. Martel, T. Schmidt, H. R. Shea, T. Hertel, and P. Avouris, “Single- and multi-wall carbon nanotube field-effect transistors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 73, no. 17, pp. 2447–2449, 1998.
- C. H. Yu, L. Shi, Z. Yao, D. Li, and A. Majumdar, “Thermal conductance and thermopower of an individual single-wall carbon nanotube,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 1842–1846, 2005.
- D. Takagi, Y. Homma, H. Hibino, S. Suzuki, and Y. Kobayashi, “Single-walled carbon nanotube growth from highly activated metal nanoparticles,” Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 2642–2645, 2006.
- Q. K. Yu, J. Lian, S. Siriponglert, H. Li, Y. P. Chen, and S.-S. Pei, “Graphene segregated on Ni surfaces and transferred to insulators,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 11, Article ID 113103, 2008.
- K. S. Kim, Y. Zhao, H. Jang et al., “Large-scale pattern growth of graphene films for stretchable transparent electrodes,” Nature, vol. 457, no. 7230, pp. 706–710, 2009.
- A. Reina, X. T. Jia, H. John et al., “Layer area, few-layer graphene films on arbitrary substrates by chemical vapor deposition,” Nano Letters, vol. 9, pp. 3087–3087, 2009.
- M. Cantoro, S. Hofmann, S. Pisana et al., “Effects of pre-treatment and plasma enhancement on chemical vapor deposition of carbon nanotubes from ultra-thin catalyst films,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 15, no. 4-8, pp. 1029–1035, 2006.
- R. R. Mitchell, B. M. Gallant, C. V. Thompson, and Y. Shao-Horn, “All-carbon-nanofiber electrodes for high-energy rechargeable Li-O2 batteries,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 2952–2958, 2011.
- M. Bikshapathi, A. Sharma, A. Sharma, and N. Verma, “Preparation of carbon molecular sieves from carbon micro and nanofibers for sequestration of CO2,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1737–1746, 2011.
- C. T. Wirth, S. Hofmann, and J. Robertson, “State of the catalyst during carbon nanotube growth,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 18, no. 5-8, pp. 940–945, 2009.
- D. Graf, F. Molitor, K. Ensslin et al., “Spatially resolved raman spectroscopy of single- and few-layer graphene,” Nano Letters, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 238–242, 2007.
- A. Das, B. Chakraborty, and A. K. Sood, “Raman spectroscopy of graphene on different substrates and influence of defects,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 579–584, 2008.
- A. N. Obraztsov, E. A. Obraztsova, A. V. Tyurnina, and A. A. Zolotukhin, “Chemical vapor deposition of thin graphite films of nanometer thickness,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 2017–2021, 2007.
- H. J. Park, J. Meyer, S. Roth, and V. Skákalová, “Growth and properties of few-layer graphene prepared by chemical vapor deposition,” Carbon, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 1088–1094, 2010.
- Z. P. Chen, W. C. Ren, B. L. Liu et al., “Bulk growth of mono- to few-layer graphene on nickel particles by chemical vapor deposition from methane,” Carbon, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 3543–3550, 2010.
- A. C. Ferrari, J. C. Meyer, V. Scardaci et al., “Raman spectrum of graphene and graphene layers,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 97, no. 18, Article ID 187401, 2006.
- A. C. Ferrari, “Raman spectroscopy of graphene and graphite: disorder, electron-phonon coupling, doping and nonadiabatic effects,” Solid State Communications, vol. 143, no. 1-2, pp. 47–57, 2007.
- J. M. Caridad, F. Rossella, V. Bellani, M. Maicas, M. Patrini, and E. Díez, “Effects of particle contamination and substrate interaction on the Raman response of unintentionally doped graphene,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 108, no. 8, Article ID 084321, 2010.