- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 736275, 5 pages
Fixed Bed Adsorption Study on Phosphate Removal Using Nanosized FeOOH-Modified Anion Resin
1School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
2Tianjin Key Laboratory of Water Resources and Environment, Tianjin Normal University, No. 393 Binshuixi Road, Xiqing District, Tianjin 300387, China
Received 2 May 2013; Accepted 3 June 2013
Academic Editor: Xinqing Chen
Copyright © 2013 Nan Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Shintaro and F. Keisuke, “Removal of phosphate from solution by adsorption and precipitation of calcium phosphate onto monohydrocalcite,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 384, no. 1, pp. 128–136, 2012.
- Y. Wu, T. Li, and L. Yang, “Mechanisms of removing pollutants from aqueous solutions by microorganisms and their aggregates: a review,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 107, pp. 10–18, 2012.
- M. S. Onyango, D. Kuchar, M. Kubota, and H. Matsuda, “Adsorptive removal of phosphate ions from aqueous solution using synthetic zeolite,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 894–900, 2007.
- J. Ma, Y. Z. Peng, S. Y. Wang, L. Wang, Y. Liu, and N. P. Ma, “Denitrifying phosphorus removal in a step-feed CAST with alternating anoxic-oxic operational strategy,” Journal of Environmental Sciences, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1169–1174, 2009.
- C. Chen, P. Zhang, G. Zeng, J. Deng, Y. Zhou, and H. Lu, “Sewage sludge conditioning with coal fly ash modified by sulfuric acid,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 158, no. 3, pp. 616–622, 2010.
- H. Li and Y. Chen, “Research on polyhydroxyalkanoates and glycogen transformations: key aspects to biologic nitrogen and phosphorus removal in low dissolved oxygen systems,” Frontiers of Environmental Science and Engineering in China, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 283–290, 2011.
- Y. Li, C. Liu, Z. Luan et al., “Phosphate removal from aqueous solutions using raw and activated red mud and fly ash,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 374–383, 2006.
- C. Xu, D. Cheng, B. Gao, Z. Yin, Q. Yue, and X. Zhao, “Preparation and characterization of β-FeOOH-coated sand and its adsorption of Cr(VI) from aqueous solutions,” Frontiers of Environmental Science and Engineering in China, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 455–462, 2012.
- S. Dixit and J. G. Hering, “Comparison of arsenic(V) and arsenic(III) sorption onto iron oxide minerals: implications for arsenic mobility,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 37, no. 18, pp. 4182–4189, 2003.
- A. C. Scheinost, S. Abend, K. I. Pandya, and D. L. Sparks, “Kinetic controls on Cu and Pb sorption by ferrihydrite,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1090–1096, 2001.
- L. Zeng, X. Li, and J. Liu, “Adsorptive removal of phosphate from aqueous solutions using iron oxide tailings,” Water Research, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1318–1326, 2004.
- B. Pan, J. Wu, B. Pan et al., “Development of polymer-based nanosized hydrated ferric oxides (HFOs) for enhanced phosphate removal from waste effluents,” Water Research, vol. 43, no. 17, pp. 4421–4429, 2009.
- C. L. Warner, W. Chouyyok, K. E. Mackie et al., “Manganese doping of magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles: tailoring surface reactivity for a regenerable heavy metal sorbent,” Langmuir, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 3931–3937, 2012.
- B. D. Martin, S. A. Parsons, and B. Jefferson, “Removal and recovery of phosphate from municipal wastewaters using a polymeric anion exchanger bound with hydrated ferric oxide nanoparticles,” Water Science and Technology, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 2637–2645, 2009.
- L. Cumbal and A. K. SenGupta, “Arsenic removal using polymer-supported hydrated iron(III) oxide nanoparticles: role of Donnan membrane effect,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 17, pp. 6508–6515, 2005.
- M. D. Gupta, P. Loganathan, and S. Vigneswaran, “Adsorptive removal of nitrate and phosphate from water by a purolite ion exchange resin and hydrous ferric oxide columns in series,” Separation Science and Technology, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 1785–1792, 2012.
- J. Ren, N. Li, and L. Zhao, “Adsorptive removal of Cr(VI) from water by anion exchanger based nanosized ferric oxyhydroxide hybrid adsorbent,” Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Quarterly, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 111–118, 2012.
- K. H. Chu, “Improved fixed bed models for metal biosorption,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 97, no. 2-3, pp. 233–239, 2004.
- American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association, Water Pollution Control Federation, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, American Public Health Association, Washington, DC, USA, 19th edition, 1995.
- G. McKay and M. J. Bino, “Fixed bed adsorption for the removal of pollutants from water,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 33–53, 1990.
- R. Han, Y. Wang, X. Zhao et al., “Adsorption of methylene blue by phoenix tree leaf powder in a fixed-bed column: experiments and prediction of breakthrough curves,” Desalination, vol. 245, no. 1–3, pp. 284–297, 2009.
- Y. H. Yoon and J. H. Nelson, “Application of gas adsorption kinetics I. A theoretical model for respirator cartridge service life,” American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 509–516, 1984.
- H. Zeng, B. Fisher, and D. E. Giammar, “Individual and competitive adsorption of arsenate and phosphate to a high-surface-area iron oxide-based sorbent,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 147–152, 2008.
- G. Lefèvre, “In situ Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy studies of inorganic ions adsorption on metal oxides and hydroxides,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 107, no. 2-3, pp. 109–123, 2004.
- M. R. Awual and A. Jyo, “Assessing of phosphorus removal by polymeric anion exchangers,” Desalination, vol. 281, no. 1, pp. 111–117, 2011.
- H. W. Li, Z. P. Ye, Y. Lin, and F. Y. Wang, “Phosphorus recovery as struvite from eutropic waters by XDA-7 resin,” Water Science and Technology, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 2091–2097, 2012.
- L. Ding, C. Wu, H. Deng, and X. Zhang, “Adsorptive characteristics of phosphate from aqueous solutions by MIEX resin,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 376, no. 1, pp. 224–232, 2012.