- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 742075, 7 pages
Hydrogen Storage in Iron/Carbon Nanopowder Composite Materials: Effect of Varying Spiked Iron Content on Hydrogen Adsorption
1National Nano Device Laboratories, Hsinchu, Taiwan
2Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
3Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Central University, Taoyuan County, Taiwan
Received 20 December 2012; Revised 6 February 2013; Accepted 6 February 2013
Academic Editor: Hongmei Luo
Copyright © 2013 Chun-Lin Chu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. J. Park, B. J. Kim, Y. S. Lee, and M. J. Cho, “Influence of copper electroplating on high pressure hydrogen-storage behaviors of activated carbon fibers,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1706–1710, 2008.
- M. A. de la Casa-Lillo, F. Lamari-Darkrim, D. Cazorla-Amorós, and A. Linares-Solano, “Hydrogen storage in activated carbons and activated carbon fibers,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 42, pp. 10930–10934, 2002.
- M. Rzepka, P. Lamp, and M. A. de la Casa-Lillo, “Physisorption of hydrogen on microporous carbon and carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 52, pp. 10894–10898, 1998.
- P. Larsson, C. M. Araújo, J. A. Larsson, P. Jena, and R. Ahuja, “Role of catalysts in dehydrogenation of MgH2 nanoclusters,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 105, no. 24, pp. 8227–8231, 2008.
- P. C. M. M. Magusin, W. P. Kalisvaart, P. H. L. Notten, and R. A. van Santen, “Hydrogen sites and dynamics in light-weight hydrogen-storage material magnesium-scandium hydride investigated with 1H and 2H NMR,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 456, no. 1-3, pp. 55–58, 2008.
- H. Kabbour, T. F. Baumann, J. H. Satcher, A. Saulnier, and C. C. Ahn, “Toward new candidates for hydrogen storage: high-surface-area carbon aerogels,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 26, pp. 6085–6087, 2006.
- X. Wu, Y. Gao, and X. C. Zeng, “Hydrogen storage in pillared Li-dispersed boron carbide nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 22, pp. 8458–8463, 2008.
- S. Kocabas, T. Kopac, G. Dogu, and T. Dogu, “Effect of thermal treatments and palladium loading on hydrogen sorption characteristics of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1693–1699, 2008.
- M. Zieliński, R. Wojcieszak, S. Monteverdi, M. Mercy, and M. M. Bettahar, “Hydrogen storage in nickel catalysts supported on activated carbon,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1024–1032, 2007.
- R. Zacharia, K. Y. Kim, A. K. M. F. Kibriab, and K. S. Nahm, “Enhancement of hydrogen storage capacity of carbon nanotubes via spill-over from vanadium and palladium nanoparticles,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 412, no. 4-6, pp. 369–375, 2005.
- H. S. Kim, H. Lee, K. S. Han et al., “Hydrogen storage in Ni nanoparticle-dispersed multiwalled carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 18, pp. 8983–8986, 2005.
- R. M. Cornell and U. Schwertmann, The Iron Oxides: Structure, Properties, Reactions, Occurrences and Uses, Wiley-VCH, 2nd edition, 2003.
- F. . Rouquerol, J. Rouquerol, and K. S. W. Sing, Adsorption By Powders and Porous Solids: Principles, Methodology and Applications, Academic Press, 1999.
- D. F. Evans and H. Wennerstrom, The Colloidal Domain: Where Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Technology Meet, Wiley-VCH, 2nd edition, 1999.
- Y. Li and R. T. Yang, “Hydrogen storage in metal-organic frameworks by bridged hydrogen spillover,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 128, no. 25, pp. 8136–8137, 2006.