- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 745746, 8 pages
The Study of Magnetorheology of Iron Oxide Nanowires
1Institute of Organic and Polymeric Materials, National Taipei University of Technology, No. 1, Section 3, Chung-Hsiao E. Road, Taipei 10648, Taiwan
2Center of Condensed Matter Science, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Received 9 March 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Subhankar Bedanta
Copyright © 2013 S. P. Rwei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. M. Winslow, “Induced fibration of suspensions,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 1137–1140, 1949.
- P. P. Phulé, “Magnetorheological (MR) fluids: principles and applications,” Smart Materials Bulletin, vol. 2001, no. 2, pp. 7–10, 2001.
- G. Bossis, O. Volkova, S. Lacis, and A. Meunier, “Magnetorheology: fluids, structures and rheology,” Stefan Odenbach, vol. 594, pp. 202–230, 2002.
- I. Bica and H. J. Choi, “Preparation and electro-thermoconductive characteristics of magnetorheological suspensions,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 22, no. 29, pp. 5041–5064, 2008.
- J. L. Viota, J. de Vicente, J. D. G. Durán, and A. V. Delgado, “Stabilization of magnetorheological suspensions by polyacrylic acid polymers,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 284, no. 2, pp. 527–541, 2005.
- A. J. F. Bombard, M. Knobel, and M. R. Alcântara, “Phosphate coating on the surface of carbonyl iron powder and its effect in magnetorheological suspensions,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 21, no. 28-29, pp. 4858–4867, 2007.
- F. F. Fang and H. J. Choi, “Fabrication of multiwalled carbon nanotube-wrapped magnetic carbonyl iron microspheres and their magnetorheology,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 288, no. 1, pp. 79–84, 2010.
- J. Rabinow, “The magnetic fluid clutch,” Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 67, pp. 1308–1315, 1948.
- A. G. Olabi and A. Grunwald, “Design and application of magneto-rheological fluid,” Materials and Design, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 2658–2664, 2007.
- X. Ren, “Large electric-field-induced strain in ferroelectric crystals by point-defect-mediated reversible domain switching,” Nature Materials, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 91–94, 2004.
- S. Sun, H. Zeng, D. B. Robinson et al., “Monodisperse MFe2O4 (M = Fe, Co, Mn) nanoparticles,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 1, pp. 273–279, 2004.
- T. Hyeon, “Chemical synthesis of magnetic nanoparticles,” Chemical Communications, no. 8, pp. 927–934, 2003.
- R. Massart, “Preparation of aqueous magnetic liquids in alkaline and acidic media,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 1247–1248, 1981.
- J. Zhang, Q. Kong, J. Du, D. Ma, G. Xi, and Y. Qian, “Formation, characterization, and magnetic properties of Fe3O4 microoctahedrons,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 308, no. 1, pp. 159–165, 2007.
- J. Wang, K. Zhang, Z. Peng, and Q. Chen, “Magnetic properties improvement in Fe3O4 nanoparticles grown under magnetic fields,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 266, no. 4, pp. 500–504, 2004.
- S. Lian, E. Wang, L. Gao et al., “Growth of single-crystal magnetite nanowires from Fe3O4 nanoparticles in a surfactant-free hydrothermal process,” Solid State Communications, vol. 132, no. 6, pp. 375–378, 2004.
- S. Lian, E. Wang, Z. Kang et al., “Synthesis of magnetite nanorods and porous hematite nanorods,” Solid State Communications, vol. 129, no. 8, pp. 485–490, 2004.
- K. He, C.-Y. Xu, L. Zhen, and W.-Z. Shao, “Hydrothermal synthesis and characterization of single-crystalline Fe3O4 nanowires with high aspect ratio and uniformity,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 14-15, pp. 3159–3162, 2007.
- X. Lan, X. Cao, W. Qian, W. Gao, C. Zhao, and Y. Guo, “Long Fe3O4 nanowires decorated by CdTe quantum dots: synthesis and magnetic-optical properties,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 180, no. 8, pp. 2340–2345, 2007.
- G. Vaidyanathan, S. Sendhilnathan, and R. Arulmurugan, “Structural and magnetic properties of nanoparticles by co-precipitation method,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 313, no. 2, pp. 293–299, 2007.
- J. M. G. Cowie and V. Arrighi, Polymers: Chemistry and Physics of Modern Materials, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- I. G. Plashchina, N. V. Grinberg, E. E. Braudo, and V. B. Tolstoguzov, “Conformational transition and aggregation of 𝓍-carrageenan macromolecules in solutions,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 258, no. 9, pp. 1038–1043, 1980.
- S.-P. Rwei and L. Wang, “Synthesis and electrical, rheological and thermal characterization of conductive polyurethane,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 285, no. 12, pp. 1313–1319, 2007.