- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 785023, 14 pages
Characterization of Porous WO3 Electrochromic Device by Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
Department of Energy Engineering, National United University, Miaoli 36003, Taiwan
Received 4 October 2012; Accepted 22 December 2012
Academic Editor: Wen Zeng
Copyright © 2013 Chien Chon Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Djaoued, S. Balaji, and R. Brüning, “Electrochromic devices based on porous tungsten oxide thin films,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 674168, 9 pages, 2012.
- N. N. Dinh, D. H. Ninh, T. T. Thao, and T. V. Van, “Mixed nanostructured Ti-W oxides films for efficient electrochromic windows,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 781236, 7 pages, 2012.
- G. B. Smith, S. Dligatch, R. Sullivan, and M. G. Hutchins, “Thin film angular selective glazing,” Solar Energy, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 229–244, 1998.
- J. Mohelnikova, “Materials for reflective coatings of window glass applications,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 1993–1998, 2009.
- NREL, http://www.nrel.gov/.
- X. Sun, Z. Liu, and H. Cao, “Effects of film density on electrochromic tungsten oxide thin films deposited by reactive dc-pulsed magnetron sputtering,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 504, no. 1, pp. S418–S421, 2010.
- P. M. Kadam, N. L. Tarwal, P. S. Shinde et al., “Enhanced optical modulation due to SPR in gold nanoparticles embedded WO3 thin films,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 5, pp. 1729–1733, 2011.
- C. M. Lampert, “Heat mirror coatings for energy conserving windows,” Solar Energy Materials, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–41, 1981.
- R. E. Collins and T. M. Simko, “Current status of the science and technology of vacuum glazing,” Solar Energy, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 189–213, 1998.
- T. S. Eriksson, C. G. Granqvist, and J. Karlsson, “Transparent thermal insulation with infrared-absorbing gases,” Solar Energy Materials, vol. 16, no. 1–3, pp. 243–253, 1987.
- H. Byker, in Proceedings of the Symposium on Electrochromic Materials II, K. C. Ho and D. A. MacArthur, Eds., vol. PV 94-2 of Electrochemical Society Proceeding Series, Pennington, NJ, USA, 1994.
- S. Supothina, P. Seeharaj, S. Yoriya, and M. Sriyudthsak, “Synthesis of tungsten oxide nanoparticles by acid precipitation method,” Ceramics International, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 931–936, 2007.
- P. R. Somani and S. Radhakrishnan, “Electrochromic materials and devices: present and future,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 117–133, 2003.
- J. Nagai, G. D. McMeeking, and Y. Saitoh, “Durability of electrochromic glazing,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 56, no. 3-4, pp. 309–319, 1999.
- R. Reisfeld, M. Zayat, H. Minti, and A. Zastrow, “Electrochromic glasses prepared by the sol-gel method,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 54, no. 1–4, pp. 109–120, 1998.
- Y. Fang and P. C. Eames, “The effect of glass coating emittance and frame rebate on heat transfer through vacuum and electrochromic vacuum glazed windows,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 16, pp. 2683–2695, 2006.
- Y. C. Nah, A. Ghicov, D. Kim, S. Berger, and P. Schmuki, “TiO2-WO3 composite nanotubes by alloy anodization: growth and enhanced electrochromic properties,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 48, pp. 16154–16155, 2008.
- A. B. Powell, C. W. Bielawski, and A. H. Cowley, “Design, synthesis, and study of main chain poly(N-heterocyclic carbene) complexes: applications in electrochromic devices,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 132, no. 29, pp. 10184–10194, 2010.
- M. S. Burdis and D. G. Weir, Sage Electrochromics, Electrochromic devices and methods, Patent US 2006/0209383A1, 2006.
- S. S. Kalagi, D. S. Dalavi, R. C. Pawar, N. L. Tarwal, S. S. Mali, and P. S. Patil, “Polymer assisted deposition of electrochromic tungsten oxide thin films,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 493, no. 1-2, pp. 335–339, 2010.
- C. Santato, M. Odziemkowski, M. Ulmann, and J. Augustynski, “Crystallographically oriented mesoporous WO3 films: synthesis, characterization, and applications,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 123, no. 43, pp. 10639–10649, 2001.
- C. Cai, D. Guan, and Y. Wang, “Solution processing of V2O5-WO3 composite films for enhanced Li-ion intercalation properties,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 3, pp. 909–915, 2010.
- V. Karastoyanov and M. Bojinov, “Anodic oxidation of tungsten in sulphuric acid solution-Influence of hydrofluoric acid addition,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 702–710, 2008.
- G. Kron, T. Egerter, J. H. Werner, and U. Rau, “Electronic transport in dye-sensitized nanoporous TiO2 solar cells-Comparison of electrolyte and solid-state devices,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 15, pp. 3556–3564, 2003.
- K. Schwarzburg and F. Willig, “Diffusion impedance and space charge capacitance in the nanoporous dye-sensitized electrochemical solar cell,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 15, pp. 3552–3555, 2003.
- G. He, L. Zhao, Z. Zheng, and F. Lu, “Determination of electron diffusion coefficient and lifetime in dye-sensitized solar cells by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy at high fermi level conditions,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 48, pp. 18730–18733, 2008.
- C. C. Chen, D. Fang, and Z. Luo, “Fabrication and characterization of highly-ordered valve-metal oxide nanotubes and their derivative nanostructures: a review,” Reviews in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 229–256, 2012.
- S. R. Biaggio, R. C. Rocha-Filho, J. R. Vilche, F. E. Varela, and L. M. Gassa, “A study of thin anodic WO3 films by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 1751–1758, 1997.
- J. J. Kim, D. A. Tryk, T. Amemiya, K. Hashimoto, and A. Fujishima, “Color impedance and electrochemical impedance studies of WO3 thin films: behavior of thinner films in non-aqueous electrolyte,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 433, no. 1-2, pp. 9–17, 1997.
- L. Andrade, S. M. Zakeeruddin, M. K. Nazeeruddin, H. A. Ribeiro, A. Mendes, and M. Gratzel, “Influence of sodium cations of N3 dye on the photovoltaic performance and stability of dye-sensitized solar cells,” ChemPhysChem, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1117–1124, 2009.
- J. Bisquert, M. Grätzel, Q. Wang, and F. Fabregat-Santiago, “Three-channel transmission line impedance model for mesoscopic oxide electrodes functionalized with a conductive coating,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 23, pp. 11284–11290, 2006.
- G. Franco, J. Gehring, L. M. Peter, E. A. Ponomarev, and I. Uhlendorf, “Frequency-resolved optical detection of photoinjected electrons in dye-sensitized nanocrystalline photovoltaic cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 692–698, 1999.
- F. Fabregat-Santiago, E. M. Barea, J. Bisquert, G. K. Mor, K. Shankar, and C. A. Grimes, “High carrier density and capacitance in TiO2 nanotube arrays induced by electrochemical doping,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 34, pp. 11312–11316, 2008.
- R. Kern, R. Sastrawan, J. Ferber, R. Stangl, and J. Luther, “Modeling and interpretation of electrical impedance spectra of dye solar cells operated under open-circuit conditions,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 47, no. 26, pp. 4213–4225, 2002.
- T. Hoshikawa, M. Yamada, R. Kikuchi, and K. Eguchi, “Impedance analysis of internal resistance affecting the photoelectrochemical performance of dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 152, no. 2, pp. E68–E73, 2005.
- A. Labidi, C. Jacolin, M. Bendahan et al., “Impedance spectroscopy on WO3 gas sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 713–718, 2005.
- M. Pourbaix, Atlas of Electrochemical Equilibria in Aqueous Solutions, vol. 282, National Association of Corrosion Engineers, Houston, Tex, USA, 1974.