- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 789289, 22 pages
A Review of the Effect of Processing Variables on the Fabrication of Electrospun Nanofibers for Drug Delivery Applications
1Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, 7 York Road, Parktown, Johannesburg 2193, South Africa
2School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, St. John’s University of Tanzania, Dodoma, Tanzania
Received 21 November 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Lianjun Wang
Copyright © 2013 Viness Pillay et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- H Maleki, A A Gharehaghaji, L Moroni, and P J Dijkstra, “Influence of the solvent type on the morphology and mechanical properties of electrospun PLLA yarns,” Biofabrication, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 035014, 2013.
- Leonard D. Tijing, June-Seok Choi, Sangho Lee, Seung-Hyun Kim, and Ho Kyong Shon, “Recent progress of membrane distillation using electrospun nanofibrous membrane,” Journal of Membrane Science, 2013.
- Marie Richard-Lacroix, and Christian Pellerin, “Molecular Orientation in Electrospun Fibers: From Mats to Single Fibers,” Macromolecules, pp. 131108153720009, 2013.
- Ioanna Savva, Demetris Constantinou, Oana Marinica, Eugeniu Vasile, Ladislau Vekas, and Theodora Krasia-Christoforou, “Fabrication and Characterization of Superparamagnetic Poly(vinyl pyrrolidone)/Poly(L-lactide)/Fe3O4 Electrospun Membranes,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2013.
- Sujith Kalluri, Kuok Hau Seng, Zaiping Guo, Hua Kun Liu, and Shi Xue Dou, “Electrospun lithium metal oxide cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries,” RSC Advances, vol. 3, no. 48, pp. 25576, 2013.
- Kwan-Ha Shin, Young-Hag Koh, and Hyoun-Ee Kim, “Synthesis and Characterization of Drug-Loaded Poly(-caprolactone)/Silica Hybrid Nanofibrous Scaffolds,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Caitlin E. Pegg, Gregory H. Jones, Thushara J. Athauda, and Justin M. Chalker, “Facile preparation of ammonium alginate-derived nanofibers carrying diverse therapeutic cargo,” Chemical Communications, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 156–158, 2014.