- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 791782, 5 pages
InGaAs Quantum Dots on Cross-Hatch Patterns as a Host for Diluted Magnetic Semiconductor Medium
Semiconductor Device Research Laboratory (Nanotec Center of Excellence), Department of Electrical Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Received 19 March 2013; Accepted 13 June 2013
Academic Editor: Sudhakar Nori
Copyright © 2013 Teeravat Limwongse et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Harrison, Quantum Wells, Wires and Dots: Theoretical and Computational Physics of Semiconductor Nanostructures, John Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition, 2005.
- G. Cao, Nanostructures and Nanomaterials: Synthesis, Properties & Applications, Imperial College Press, 2004.
- M. Jain, Ed., Diluted Magnetic Semiconductors, World Scientific, 1992.
- S. O. Kasap, Principle of Electronic Materials and Devices, McGraw-Hill, 3rd edition, 2002.
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording Technologywhite Paper, Hitachi Global Storage Technology, 2011.
- S. A. Chambers and B. Gallagher, “Focus on dilute magnetic semiconductors,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 10, Article ID 055004, 2008.
- L. L. Chang, L. Esaki, H. Munekata, H. Ohno, and S. von Molnar, “Class of magnetic materials for solid state devices,” US patent #5296048.
- T. Jungwirth, K. Y. Wang, J. Mašek et al., “Prospects for high temperature ferromagnetism in (Ga,Mn)As semiconductors,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 16, Article ID 165204, 2005.
- S. P. Bennett, L. Menon, and D. Heiman, “Magnetic properties of GaMnAs nanodot arrays fabricated using porous alumina templates,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, no. 2, Article ID 024309, 4 pages, 2008.
- I. N. Stranski and L. Krastanow, “Zur Theorie der orientierten Ausscheidung von Ionenkristallen aufeinander,” Sitzungsberichte-Akademie Der Wissenschaften in Wien, Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Klasse Abteilung IIb, vol. 146, pp. 797–810, 1938.
- M. Grundmann, O. Stier, and D. Bimberg, “InAs/GaAs pyramidal quantum dots: strain distribution, optical phonons, and electronic structure,” Physical Review B, vol. 52, no. 16, pp. 11969–11981, 1995.
- F. K. Legoues, M. Copel, and R. M. Tromp, “Microstructure and strain relief of Ge films grown layer by layer on Si(001),” Physical Review B, vol. 42, no. 18, pp. 11690–11700, 1990.
- L. Zhuang, L. Guo, and S. Y. Chou, “Silicon single-electron quantum-dot transistor switch operating at room temperature,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 72, no. 10, pp. 1205–1207, 1998.
- J. J. Welser, S. Tiwari, S. Rishton, K. Y. Lee, and Y. Lee, “Room temperature operation of a quantum-dot flash memory,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 278–280, 1997.
- R. Mirin, A. Gossard, and J. Bowers, “Room temperature lasing from InGaAs quantum dots,” Electronics Letters, vol. 32, no. 18, pp. 1732–1734, 1996.
- C. C. Thet, S. Panyakeow, and S. Kanjanachuchai, “Growth of InAs quantum-dot hatches on InGaAs/GaAs cross-hatch virtual substrates,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 84, no. 5–8, pp. 1562–1565, 2007.
- C. C. Thet, S. Sanorpim, S. Panyakeow, and S. Kanjanachuchai, “The effects of relaxed InGaAs virtual substrates on the formation of self-assembled InAs quantum dots,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 23, no. 5, Article ID 055007, 5 pages, 2008.
- S. Kanjanachuchai, M. Maitreeboriraks, C. C. Thet, T. Limwongse, and S. Panyakeow, “Self-assembled InAs quantum dots on cross-hatch InGaAs templates: excess growth, growth rate, capping and preferential alignment,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 86, no. 4–6, pp. 844–849, 2009.
- T. Limwongse, S. Panyakeow, and S. Kanjanachuchai, “Evolution of InAs quantum dots grown on cross-hatch substrates,” Physica Status Solidi (C) Current Topics in Solid State Physics, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 806–809, 2009.
- S. Kanjanachuchai and T. Limwongse, “Nucleation sequence of InAs quantum dots on cross-hatch patterns,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 10787–10791, 2011.