- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 792875, 7 pages
Thermoelectric Properties of Carbon Nanotube and Nanofiber Based Ethylene-Octene Copolymer Composites for Thermoelectric Devices
1Polymer Centre, Faculty of Technology, T. Bata University, T.G.M. 275, 762 72 Zlin, Czech Republic
2Centre of Polymer Systems, University Institute, T. Bata University, Nad Ovcirnou 3685, 760 01 Zlin, Czech Republic
3Institute of Hydrodynamics, Academy of Sciences, Pod Patankou 5, 166 12 Prague 6, Czech Republic
4Deptartment of Polymer Engineering, Faculty of Technology, T. Bata University in Zlin, T.G.M. 275, 762 72 Zlin, Czech Republic
Received 12 June 2013; Revised 30 August 2013; Accepted 31 August 2013
Academic Editor: Jung-Kun Lee
Copyright © 2013 P. Slobodian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. I. Ismail and W. H. Ahmed, “Thermoelectric power generation using waste-heat energy as an alternative green technology,” Recent Patents on Electrical Engineering, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 27–39, 2009.
- C. A. Hewitt, A. B. Kaiser, S. Roth, M. Craps, R. Czerw, and D. L. Carroll, “Multilayered carbon nanotube/polymer composite based thermoelectric fabrics,” Nano Letters, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1307–1310, 2012.
- C. A. Hewitt, A. B. Kaiser, S. Roth, M. Craps, R. Czerw, and D. L. Carroll, “Varying the concentration of single walled carbon nanotubes in thin film polymer composites, and its effect on thermoelectric power,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 18, Article ID 183110, 2011.
- C. Yu, Y. S. Kim, D. Kim, and J. C. Grunlan, “Thermoelectric behavior of segregated-network polymer nanocomposites,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 4428–4432, 2008.
- J. Chen, X. Gui, Z. Wang et al., “Superlow thermal conductivity 3D carbon nanotube network for thermoelectric applications,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 81–86, 2012.
- G. P. Moriarty, J. N. Wheeler, C. Yu, and J. C. Grunlan, “Increasing the thermoelectric power factor of polymer composites using a semiconducting stabilizer for carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 885–895, 2012.
- D. D. Freeman, K. Choi, and C. Yu, “N-type thermoelectric performance of functionalized carbon nanotube-filled polymer composites,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, Article ID e47822, 2012.
- C. Bounioux, P. Diaz-Chao, M. Campoy-Quiles et al., “Thermoelectric composites of poly(3-hexylthiophene) and carbon nanotubes with a large power factor,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 6, pp. 918–925, 2013.
- Y. Du, S. Z. Shen, K. Cai, and P. S. Casey, “Research progress on polymer-inorganic thermoelectric nanocomposite materials,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 37, pp. 820–841, 2012.
- G. H. Kim, L. Shao, K. Zhang, and K. P. Pipe, “Engineered doping of organic semiconductors for enhanced thermoelectric efficiency,” Nature Materials, vol. 12, pp. 719–723, 2013.
- O. Bubnova and X. Crispin, “Towards polymer-based organic thermoelectric generators,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 5, pp. 9345–9362, 2012.
- N. Toshima, N. Jiravanichanun, and H. Marutani, “Organic thermoelectric materials composed of conducting polymers and metal nanoparticles,” Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 41, pp. 1735–1742, 2012.
- R. Yue, S. Chen, C. Liu et al., “Synthesis, characterization, and thermoelectric properties of a conducting copolymer of 1,12-bis(carbazolyl)dodecane and thieno[3,2-b]thiophene,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 117–126, 2012.
- K. Chatterjee, M. Mitra, K. Kargupta, S. Ganguly, and D. Banerjee, “Synthesis, characterization and enhanced thermoelectric performance of structurally ordered cable-like novel polyaniline-bismuth telluride nanocomposite,” Nanotechnology, vol. 24, Article ID 215703, 2013.
- G. P. Moriarty, S. De, P. J. King et al., “Thermoelectric behavior of organic thin film nanocomposites,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 51, pp. 119–123, 2013.
- C. Yu, K. Choi, L. Yin, and J. C. Grunlan, “Light-weight flexible carbon nanotube based organic composites with large thermoelectric power factors,” ACS Nano, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 7885–7892, 2011.
- Z. Antar, J. F. Feller, H. Noël, P. Glouannec, and K. Elleuch, “Thermoelectric behaviour of melt processed carbon nanotube/graphite/ poly(lactic acid) conductive biopolymer nanocomposites (CPC),” Materials Letters, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 210–214, 2012.
- P. Slobodian, P. Riha, A. Lengalova, and P. Saha, “Compressive stress-electrical conductivity characteristics of multiwall carbon nanotube networks,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 3186–3190, 2011.
- P. Slobodian, P. Riha, and P. Saha, “A highly-deformable composite composed of an entangled network of electrically-conductive carbon-nanotubes embedded in elastic polyurethane,” Carbon, vol. 50, pp. 3446–3453, 2012.
- J. E. Lozano, Fruit Manufacturing: Scientific Basis, Engineering Properties, and Deteriorative Reactions of Technological Importance, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- P. Svoboda, R. Theravalappil, S. Poongavalappil et al., “A study on electrical and thermal conductivities of ethylene-octene copolymer/expandable graphite composites,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 52, pp. 1241–1249, 2012.