- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 793125, 8 pages
Synthesis and Self-Assembly of Gold Nanoparticles by Chemically Modified Polyol Methods under Experimental Control
1Department of Molecular and Material Sciences, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Engineering Sciences, Kyushu University, 6-1 Kasugakouen, Kasuga, Fukuoka 816-8580, Japan
2Department of Education and Training, Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Nguyen Trai, Ha Dong, Hanoi, Vietnam
3Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
4Laboratory for Nanotechnology, Ho Chi Minh Vietnam National University, Linh Trung, Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5Department of Materials Science, Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Kyushu University, Kasuga-koen 6-1, Kasuga-shi Fukuoka, 816-8580, Japan
6Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, 144/24 Dien Bien Phu, Ward 25, Binh Thach, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
7Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Science, 1295 Dingxi Road, Shanghai 200050, China
Received 30 December 2012; Revised 6 February 2013; Accepted 13 February 2013
Academic Editor: Amir Kajbafvala
Copyright © 2013 Nguyen Viet Long et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. C. Burda, X. Chen, R. Narayanan, and M. A. El-Sayed, “Chemistry and properties of nanocrystals of different shapes,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 1025–1102, 2005.
- G. A. Ozin, K. Hou, B. V. Lotsch et al., “Nanofabrication by self-assembly,” Materials Today, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 12–23, 2009.
- P. K. Jain, I. H. ElSayed, and M. A. El-Sayed, “Au nanoparticles target cancer,” Nano Today, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 18–29, 2007.
- D. Vanmaekelbergh, “Self-assembly of colloidal nanocrystals as route to novel classes of nanostructured materials,” Nano Today, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 419–437, 2011.
- W. T. S. Huck, Nanoscale Assembly, Chemical Techniques, Springer Science and Business Media, 2005.
- M. Grzelczak, J. Vermant, E. M. Furst, and L. M. Liz-Marzán, “Directed self-assembly of nanoparticles,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 3591–3605, 2010.
- Y. Xia, Y. Xiong, B. Lim, and S. E. Skrabalak, “Shape-controlled synthesis of metal nanocrystals: simple chemistry meets complex physics?” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 60–103, 2009.
- Y. Hong, Y. Huh, D. S. Yoon, and J. Yang, “Nanobiosensors based on localized surface plasmon resonance for biomarker detection,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- M. Eguchi, D. Mitsui, H. Wu, R. Sato, and T. Teranishi, “Simple reductant concentration-dependent shape control of polyhedral gold nanoparticles and their plasmonic properties,” Langmuir, vol. 28, no. 24, pp. 9021–9026, 2012.
- S. Matsubara, T. Hayakawa, Y. Yang, M. Nogami, S. Okamoto, and N. Koshikawa, “Fabrication of twin-linked gold nanoparticles and their linear/nonlinear optical properties,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 36, pp. 13917–13921, 2008.
- F. Li, D. P. Josephson, and A. Stein, “Colloidal assembly: the road from particles to colloidal molecules and crystals,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 360–388, 2011.
- N. V. Long, C. M. Thi, M. Nogami, and M. Ohtaki, “Novel issues of morphology, size, and structure of Pt nanoparticles in chemical engineering: aggregation, agglomerate, assembly, and structural changes,” New Journal of Chemistry, vol. 36, pp. 1320–1334, 2012.
- N. V. Long, M. Ohtaki, M. Uchida et al., “Synthesis and characterization of polyhedral Pt nanoparticles: their catalytic property, surface attachment, self-aggregation and assembly,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 359, no. 2, pp. 339–350, 2011.
- L. Bergström, “Structure and formation of particle monolayers at liquid interfaces,” in See Book: Colloidal Particles at Liquid Interfaces, B. P. Binks and T. S. Horozov, Eds., Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- B. W. Ninham and P. L. Nostro, “Molecular forces and self assembly,” in Colloid, Nano Sciences and BiologyCambridge Molecular Science, 2010.
- J. Liu, H. Liang, and S. Yu, “Macroscopic-scale assembled nanowire thin films and their functionalities,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 112, no. 8, pp. 4770–4799, 2012.
- G. Freymann, V. Kitaev, B. V. Lotsch, and G. A. Ozin, “Bottom-up assembly of photonic crystals,” Chemical Society Reviews, 2013.
- N. V. Long, M. Ohtaki, T. D. Hien, and M. Nogami, “Effects of heat treatment and poly(vinylpyrrolidone) polymer on the electrocatalytic activity of polyhedral Pt nanoparticles towards their methanol oxidation,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 289, no. 12, pp. 1373–1386, 2011.
- V. L. Nguyen, M. Ohtaki, T. Matsubara, M. T. Cao, and M. Nogami, “New experimental evidences of pt-pd bimetallic nanoparticles with core-shell configuration and highly fine-ordered nanostructures by high-resolution electron transmission microscopy,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 116, no. 22, pp. 12265–12274, 2012.
- N. V. Long, N. D. Chien, M. Uchida, T. Matsubara, J. Randy, and M. Masayuki, “Directed and random self-assembly of Pt-Au nanoparticles,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 124, no. 2-3, pp. 1193–1197, 2010.