- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 797082, 8 pages
3D Cu(OH)2 Hierarchical Frameworks: Self-Assembly, Growth, and Application for the Removal of TSNAs
1China National Tobacco Quality Supervision & Test Center, No. 2 Fengyang Street, Zhengzhou High & New Technology Industries Development Zone, Zhengzhou 450001, China
2Shandong Tobacco Quality Supervision and Testing Station, Xinluo Street, High & New Technology Industries Development Zone, Jinan 250101, China
Received 25 March 2013; Accepted 7 May 2013
Academic Editor: Zhenhui Kang
Copyright © 2013 Hongwei Hou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. M. Tolles, “Self-assembled materials,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 36–38, 2000.
- J. Aizenberg, A. Tkachenko, S. Weiner, L. Addadi, and G. Hendler, “Calcitic microlenses as part of the photoreceptor system in brittlestars,” Nature, vol. 412, no. 6849, pp. 819–822, 2001.
- D. L. Beke, “On the composition and pressure dependence of the self-diffusion coefficient in liquid metals,” International Journal of Materials Research, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 353–355, 2010.
- R. K. Bortoleto-Bugs, T. Mazon, M. Tarozzo Biasoli, A. Pavani Filho, J. Willibrordus Swart, and M. Roque Bugs, “Understanding the formation of the self-assembly of colloidal copper nanoparticles by surfactant: a molecular velcro,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, Article ID 802174, 8 pages, 2013.
- J. Texter, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, vol. 22, no. 1, 5 pages, 2001.
- B. Russell, M. Payne, and L. C. Ciacchi, “Density functional theory study of Fe(II) adsorption and oxidation on goethite surfaces,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 16, Article ID 165101, 2009.
- A. Nazari and S. Riahi, “Physical and mechanical behavior of high strength self-compacting concrete containing ZrO2 nanoparticles,” International Journal of Materials Research, vol. 102, no. 5, pp. 560–571, 2011.
- W. Fujita and K. Awaga, “Reversible structural transformation and drastic magnetic change in a copper hydroxides intercalation compound,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 119, no. 19, pp. 4563–4564, 1997.
- W. Fujita and K. Awaga, “Intercalation of stable organic radicals into layered copper hydroxides,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 122, no. 3, pp. 569–572, 2001.
- H. C. Lichtenegger, T. Schöberl, M. H. Bartl, H. Waite, and G. D. Stucky, “High abrasion resistance with sparse mineralization: copper biomineral in worm jaws,” Science, vol. 298, no. 5592, pp. 389–392, 2002.
- S. Weiner and L. Addadi, “Biomineralization: at the cutting edge,” Science, vol. 298, no. 5592, pp. 375–376, 2002.
- X. Wen, W. Zhang, S. Yang, Z. R. Dai, and Z. L. Wang, “Solution phase synthesis of Cu(OH)2 nanoribbons by coordination self-assembly using Cu2S nanowires as precursors,” Nano Letters, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 1397–1401, 2002.
- W. Z. Wang, C. Lan, Y. Z. Li, K. Q. Hong, and G. H. Wang, “A simple wet chemical route for large-scale synthesis of Cu(OH)2 nanowires,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 366, no. 3-4, pp. 220–223, 2002.
- W. X. Zhang, X. G. Wen, and S. H. Yang, “Controlled reactions on a copper surface: synthesis and characterization of nanostructured copper compound films,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 42, no. 16, pp. 5005–5014, 2003.
- X. Wen, W. Zhang, and S. Yang, “Synthesis of Cu(OH)2 and CuO nanoribbon arrays on a copper surface,” Langmuir, vol. 19, no. 14, pp. 5898–5903, 2003.
- W. Zhang, X. Wen, S. Yang, Y. Berta, and Z. L. Wang, “Single-crystalline scroll-type nanotube arrays of copper hydroxide synthesized at room temperature,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 822–825, 2003.
- G. H. Du and G. Van Tendeloo, “Cu(OH)2 nanowires, CuO nanowires and CuO nanobelts,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 393, no. 1–3, pp. 64–69, 2004.
- X. Song, S. Sun, W. Zhang, H. Yu, and W. Fan, “Synthesis of Cu(OH)2 nanowires at aqueous-organic interfaces,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 17, pp. 5200–5205, 2004.
- C. Lu, L. Qi, J. Yang, D. Zhang, N. Wu, and J. Ma, “Simple template-free solution route for the controlled synthesis of Cu(OH)2 and CuO nanostructures,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 46, pp. 17825–17831, 2004.
- S.-H. Park and H. J. Kim, “Unidirectionally aligned copper hydroxide crystalline nanorods from two-dimensional copper hydroxy nitrate,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 44, pp. 14368–14369, 2004.
- P. Gao, M. Zhang, Z. Niu, and Q. Xiao, “A facile solution-chemistry method for Cu(OH)2 nanoribbon arrays with noticeable electrochemical hydrogen storage ability at room temperature,” Chemical Communications, no. 48, pp. 5197–5199, 2007.
- Y. Ni, H. Li, L. Jin, and J. Hong, “Synthesis of 1D Cu(OH)2 nanowires and transition to 3D CuO microstructures under ultrasonic irradiation, and their electrochemical property,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 3868–3873, 2009.
- W. Jia, E. Reitz, H. Sun, H. Zhang, and Y. Lei, “Synthesis and characterization of novel nanostructured fishbone-like Cu(OH)2 and CuO from Cu4SO4(OH)6,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 519–522, 2009.
- K. A. Wagner, N. H. Finkel, J. E. Fossett, and I. G. Gillman, “Development of a quantitative method for the analysis of tobacco-specific nitrosamines in mainstream cigarette smoke using isotope dilution liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 1001–1006, 2005.
- Y. Zhu, H. W. Hou, G. L. Tang, and Q. Y. Hu, “Synthesis of three-quarter-sphere-like γ-AlOOH superstructures with high adsorptive capacity,” European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, no. 6, pp. 872–878, 2010.
- W. Xiong, H. Hou, X. Jiang, G. Tang, and Q. Hu, “Simultaneous determination of four tobacco-specific N-nitrosamines in mainstream smoke for Chinese Virginia cigarettes by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry and validation under ISO and “Canadian intense” machine smoking regimes,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 674, no. 1, pp. 71–78, 2010.
- Z. P. Zhang, X. Q. Shao, H. D. Yu, Y. B. Wang, and M. Y. Han, “Morphosynthesis and ornamentation of 3D dendritic nanoarchitectures,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 332–336, 2005.
- H. Hou, Y. Xie, and Q. Li, “Large-scale synthesis of single-crystalline quasi-aligned submicrometer CuO ribbons,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 201–205, 2005.
- H. Hou, Y. Xie, Q. Yang, Q. Guo, and C. Tan, “Preparation and characterization of γ-AlOOH nanotubes and nanorods,” Nanotechnology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 741–745, 2005.
- C.-C. Huang, C.-S. Yeh, and C.-J. Ho, “Laser ablation synthesis of spindle-like gallium oxide hydroxide nanoparticles with the presence of cationic cetyltrimethylammonium bromide,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 16, pp. 4940–4945, 2004.
- L. C. Varanda, M. P. Morales, M. Jafelicci Jr., and C. J. Serna, “Monodispersed spindle-type goethite nanoparticles from FeIII solutions,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 3649–3653, 2002.
- T. Sugimoto, K. Okada, and H. Itoh, “Formation mechanism of uniform spindle-type titania particles in the gel-sol process,” Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 2-3, pp. 143–161, 1998.
- Y. Cudennec and A. Lecerf, “The transformation of Cu(OH)2 into CuO, revisited,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 5, no. 11-12, pp. 1471–1474, 2003.
- R. Rodríguez-Clemente, C. J. Serna, M. Ocaña, and E. Matijević, “The relationship of particle morphology and structure of basic copper(II) compounds obtained by homogeneous precipitation,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 143, no. 3-4, pp. 277–286, 1994.
- F. J. Opalko, J. H. Adair, and S. R. Khan, “Heterogeneous nucleation of calcium oxalate trihydrate in artificial urine by constant composition,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 181, no. 4, pp. 410–417, 1997.
- K. Naka and Y. Chujo, “Control of crystal nucleation and growth of calcium carbonate by synthetic substrates,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 3245–3259, 2001.