- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 816285, 7 pages
Molecular Dynamics of Film Formation of Metal Tetrasulfonated Phthalocyanine and Poly Amidoamine Dendrimers
1Faculdade de Física-ICEN, Universidade Federal do Pará, C.P. 479, 66075-110 Belém, PA, Brazil
2Centro de Engenharias e Ciências Exatas, Universidade Estadual do Oeste do Paraná, 85903-000 Toledo, PR, Brazil
3Faculdade de Farmácia-ICS, Universidade Federal do Pará, C.P. 479, 66075-110 Belém, PA, Brazil
4Departamento de Química, Campus Universitário—UFLA, Universidade Federal de Lavras, 37200-000 Lavras, MG, Brazil
5Laboratory of Separation Processes and Applied Thermodynamic (TERM@), Faculty of Chemical Engineering-UFPA, C.P. 8619 66075-900 Belém, PA, Brazil
Received 6 November 2012; Accepted 29 January 2013
Academic Editor: Shuangxi Xing
Copyright © 2013 L. G. Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. R. Puniredd and M. P. Srinivasan, “Covalent molecular assembly of multilayer dendrimer ultrathin films in supercritical medium,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 306, no. 1, pp. 118–127, 2007.
- S. R. Forrest, “Ultrathin organic films grown by organic molecular beam deposition and related techniques,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 97, no. 6, pp. 1793–1896, 1997.
- J. Wang, X. Jia, H. Zhong et al., “Self-assembled multilayer films based on dendrimers with covalent interlayer linkage,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 2854–2858, 2002.
- J. Wang, J. Chen, X. Jia, W. Cao, and M. Li, “Self-assembly ultrathin films based on dendrimers,” Chemical Communications, no. 6, pp. 511–512, 2000.
- J. Yu-Hang, L. Li-Wei, Y. Kai, X. Wen-De, and G. Hong-Jun, “Self-assembly and growth of manganese phthalocyanine on an Au(111) surface,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 20, no. 9, Article ID 096401, 2011.
- F. M. S. S. Fernandes, “Simulação computacional, o método da dinâmica molecular,” Ciência, vol. 20, pp. 10–15, 1988.
- R. Sanjeewa and S. Weerasinghe, “Study of aggregate formation of caffeine in water by molecular dynamics simulation,” Computational and Theoretical Chemistry, vol. 966, pp. 140–148, 2011.
- I. Kurisaki and T. Takahashi, “Assessment of dynamic properties of water around a monovalent ion: a classical molecular dynamics simulation study,” Computational and Theoretical Chemistry, vol. 966, pp. 26–30, 2011.
- X. Luo, L. Xu, B. Xu, and F. Li, “Electrodeposition of zinc oxide/tetrasulfonated copper phthalocyanine hybrid thin film for dye-sensitized solar cell application,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 15, pp. 6908–6911, 2011.
- V. Zucolotto, M. Ferreira, M. R. Cordeiro et al., “Unusual interactions binding iron tetrasulfonated phthalocyanine and poly(allylamine hydrochloride) in layer-by-layer films,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 16, pp. 3733–3737, 2003.
- V. Zucolotto, M. Ferreira, M. R. Cordeiro, C. J. L. Constantino, W. C. Moreira, and O. N. Oliveira, “Electroactive layer-by-layer films of iron tetrasulfonated phthalocyanine,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 137, no. 1–3, pp. 945–946, 2003.
- S. Samanta, A. Singh, A. K. Debnath, D. K. Aswal, S. K. Gupta, and J. V. Yakhmi, “Temperature dependent current-voltage characteristics of iron-phthalocyanine thin films,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 5262–5267, 2009.
- J. R. Silva, J. B. Brito, S. T. Tanimoto, and N. C. Souza, “Morphological structure characterization of PAH/NiTsPc multilayer nanostructured films,” Materials Sciences and Applications, vol. 2, pp. 1661–1666, 2011.
- B. Marí, M. M. Moya, K. C. Singh et al., “Characterization of electrodeposited zinc oxide/tetrasulphonatedcopper phthalocyanines (ZnO/Ts–CuPc) hybrid films and their photoelectrochemical properties,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 653, no. 1-2, pp. 86–92, 2011.
- Y. Karakuş, M. Okutan, A. Kösemen, S. E. San, Z. Alpaslan, and A. Demir, “Electrical properties of Zn-Phthalocyanine and poly(3-hexylthiophene) doped nematic liquid crystal,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 729085, 5 pages, 2011.
- G. Milczarek, “Self-doped polyaniline films prepared by electropolymerization in the presence of sulfonated nickel phthalocyanine,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 517, no. 21, pp. 6100–6104, 2009.
- L. Qian and X. Yang, “Dendrimers as “controllers” for modulation of electrodeposited silver nanostructures,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 317, no. 1–3, pp. 528–534, 2008.
- D. Astruc, E. Boisselier, and C. Ornelas, “Dendrimers designed for functions: from physical, photophysical, and supramolecular properties to applications in sensing, catalysis, molecular electronics, photonics, and nanomedicine,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 1857–1959, 2010.
- T. R. Hendricks, E. E. Dams, S. T. Wensing, and I. Lee, “Effects of catalyst introduction methods using PAMAM dendrimers on selective electroless nickel deposition on polyelectrolyte multilayers,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 13, pp. 7404–7410, 2007.
- J. Yuan, D. Han, Y. Zhang et al., “Electrostatic assembly of polyaniline and platinum-poly(amidoamine) dendrimers hybrid nanocomposite multilayer, and its electrocatalysis towards CO and O2,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 599, no. 1, pp. 127–135, 2007.
- A. J. Khopade and F. Caruso, “Electrostatically assembled polyelectrolyte/dendrimer multilayer films as ultrathin nanoreservoirs,” Nano Letters, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 415–418, 2002.
- A. J. Khopade and F. Caruso, “Investigation of the factors influencing the formation of dendrimer/polyanion multilayer films,” Langmuir, vol. 18, no. 20, pp. 7669–7676, 2002.
- S. Tomita, K. Sato, and J. I. Anzai, “Preparation of dendrimer-loaded microcapsules by a layer-by-layer deposition of polyelectrolytes,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 2024–2028, 2009.
- Z. Liu, X. Zhang, Y. Zhang, and J. Jiang, “Theoretical investigation of the molecular, electronic structures and vibrational spectra of a series of first transition metal phthalocyanines,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 1232–1246, 2007.
- N. C. de Souza, V. Zucolotto, J. R. Silva et al., “Morphology characterization of layer-by-layer films from PAH/MA-co-DR13: the role of film thickness,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 285, no. 2, pp. 544–550, 2005.
- N. Sato, H. Yoshida, and K. Tsutsumi, “Unoccupied electronic states in phthalocyanine thin films studied by inverse photoemission spectroscopy,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 133-134, pp. 673–674, 2003.
- M. S. Liao and S. Scheiner, “Electronic structure and bonding in metal phthalocyanines, metal = Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Mg,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 114, no. 22, pp. 9780–9791, 2001.
- A. Shaabani, R. Maleki-Moghaddam, A. Maleki, and A. H. Rezayan, “Microwave assisted synthesis of metal-free phthalocyanine and metallophthalocyanines,” Dyes and Pigments, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 279–282, 2007.
- H. Tajima, N. Hanasaki, M. Matsuda, F. Sakai, T. Naito, and T. Inabe, “Magnetoresistance study on TPP[M(Pc)(CN)2]2 (M=Fe, Co, Fe0.30Co0.70) salts,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 509–513, 2002.
- M. Haifang, S. Yipeng, L. Hongwu et al., “Molecular deposition film of porphyrin and phthalocyanine bearing oppositely charged substituents,” Science in China B, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 449–454, 1998.
- H. Yoshida, K. Tsutsumi, and N. Sato, “Unoccupied electronic states of 3d-transition metal phthalocyanines (MPc: M=Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu and Zn) studied by inverse photoemission spectroscopy,” Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, vol. 121, no. 1–3, pp. 83–91, 2001.
- S. Heutz, C. Mitra, W. Wu et al., “Molecular thin films: a new type of magnetic switch,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, pp. 3618–3622, 2007.
- M. Bora, D. Schut, and M. A. Baldo, “Combinatorial detection of volatile organic compounds using metal-phthalocyanine field effect transistors,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 79, no. 9, pp. 3298–3303, 2007.
- N. B. Chaurel, T. Basova, A. K. Ray, A. G. Gürek, and V. Ahsen, “Memory effects in thin film organic transistor characteristics,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 42, no. 12, Article ID 125103, 2009.
- I. Bruder, J. Schöneboom, R. Dinnebier et al., “What determines the performance of metal phthalocyanines (MPc, M = Zn, Cu, Ni, Fe) in organic heterojunction solar cells? A combined experimental and theoretical investigation,” Organic Electronics, vol. 11, pp. 377–387, 2010.
- F. I. Bohrer, C. N. Colesniuc, J. Park et al., “Comparative gas sensing in cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, and metal-free phthalocyanine chemiresistors,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 478–485, 2009.
- J. Janata and M. Josowicz, “Organic semiconductors in potentiometric gas sensors,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 41–49, 2009.
- Z. Z. Öztürk, N. Kılınça, D. Atillac, A. G. Gürekc, and V. Ahsen, “Recent studies chemical sensors based on phthalocyanines,” Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines, vol. 13, pp. 1179–1187, 2009.
- L. M. P. C. Centurion, W. C. Moreira, and V. Zucolotto, “Tailoring molecular architectures with cobalt tetrasulfonated phthalocianine: immobilization in Layer by Layer films and sensing applications,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 12, pp. 2399–2405, 2012.
- E. Strelcov and A. Kolmakov, “Copper phthalocyanine quasi-1 nanostructures: growth morphologies and gas sensing properties,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 212–221, 2008.
- T. Mafatle and T. Nyokong, “Use of cobalt(II) phthalocyanine to improve the sensitivity and stability of glassy carbon electrodes for the detection of cresols, chlorophenols and phenol,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 354, no. 1–3, pp. 307–314, 1997.
- T. Miyata, S. Kawaguchi, M. Ishii, and T. Minami, “High sensitivity chlorine gas sensors using Cu-phthalocyanine thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 425, no. 1-2, pp. 255–259, 2003.
- R. Esfand and D. A. Tomalia, “Poly(amidoamine) (PAMAM) dendrimers: from biomimicry to drug delivery and biomedical applications,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 427–436, 2001.
- J. Hu, Y. Su, H. Zhang, T. Xu, and Y. Cheng, “Design of interior-functionalized fully acetylated dendrimers for anticancer drug delivery,” Biomaterials, vol. 32, pp. 9950–9959, 2011.
- L. J. Twyman, A. E. Beezer, R. Esfand, M. J. Hardy, and J. C. Mitchell, “The synthesis of water soluble dendrimers, and their application as possible drug delivery systems,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1743–1746, 1999.
- T. D. Anthopoulos, J. P. J. Markham, E. B. Namdas, I. D. W. Samuel, S. C. Lo, and P. L. Burn, “Highly efficient single-layer dendrimer light-emitting diodes with balanced charge transport,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 26, pp. 4824–4826, 2003.
- A. W. Freeman, S. C. Koene, P. R. L. Malenfant, M. E. Thompson, and J. M. J. Fréchet, “Dendrimer-containing light-emitting diodes: toward site-isolation of chromophores,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 122, no. 49, pp. 12385–12386, 2000.
- M. Halim, J. N. G. Pillow, I. D. W. Samuel, and P. L. Burn, “Effect of dendrimer generation on LED efficiency,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 102, no. 1–3, pp. 922–923, 1999.
- S. Ogasawara, A. Ikeda, and J. I. Kikuchi, “Positive dendritic effect in DNA/porphyrin composite photocurrent generators containing dendrimers as the stationary phase,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 25, pp. 5982–5987, 2006.
- V. Zucolotto, A. P. A. Pinto, T. Tumolo et al., “Catechol biosensing using a nanostructured layer-by-layer film containing Cl-catechol 1,2-dioxygenase,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1320–1326, 2006.
- P. Launois, A. Marucci, B. Vigolo, P. Bernier, A. Derré, and P. Poulin, “Structural characterization of nanotube fibers by x-ray scattering,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 125–128, 2001.
- A. M. J. C. Neto, “Carbon nanotube and iron circle as molecular motor controlled by visible light,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 745–748, 2007.
- A. M. J. C. Neto, “Carbon nanotube and ordinary nanowire track as molecular motor,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 611–613, 2007.
- A. M. J. C. Neto, “Carbon nanotube and iron circle as molecular motor under temperature effect,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 314–316, 2008.
- A. M. J. C. Neto and G. V. D. Mota, “Carbon nanotube and ordinary nanowire track as molecular motor under temperature effect,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 311–313, 2008.
- A. M. D. J. Neto, “Molecular carbon nanotubes as molecular gun under temperature effect,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 605–607, 2008.
- HYPERCHEM, Hypercube, Inc., 1115 NW 4th Street, Gainesville, Florida 32601, http://www.hyper.com/.