- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 843570, 4 pages
One-Step Synthesis and Characterization of Silica Nano-/Submicron Spheres by Catalyst-Assisted Pyrolysis of a Preceramic Polymer
1School of Engineering and Technology, China University of Geosciences, Beijing 100083, China
2School of Science, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing 100876, China
Received 2 May 2013; Accepted 17 June 2013
Academic Editor: Renzhi Ma
Copyright © 2013 Feng Gao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Y. Yang, Z. P. Xie, J. J. Li, et al., “Ultra-long single-crystalline α-Si3N4 nanowires: derived from a polymeric precursor,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 1647–1650, 2005.
- Y. N. Xia, P. D. Yang, Y. G. Sun, et al., “One-dimensional nanostructures: synthesis, characterization, and applications,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 353–389, 2003.
- J. Zygmunt, F. Krumeich, and R. Nesper, “Novel silica nanotubes with a high aspect ratio: synthesis and structural characterization,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 18, pp. 1538–1541, 2003.
- J. Jang and H. Yoon, “A top-down approach to fullerene fabrication using a polymer nanoparticle precursor,” Advanced Materials, vol. 16, no. 18, pp. 1650–1653, 2004.
- N. I. Kovtyukhova, T. E. Mallouk, and T. S. Mayer, “Templated surface sol-gel synthesis of SiO2 nanotubes and SiO2-insulated metal nanowires,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 780–785, 2003.
- M. M. Hessien, M. M. Rashad, R. R. Zaky, et al., “Controlling the synthesis conditions for silica nanosphere from semi-burned rice straw,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 14–21, 2009.
- N. Venkatathri and S. Nanjundan, “Synthesis and characterization of a mesoporous silica microsphere from polystyrene,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 113, no. 2-3, pp. 933–936, 2009.
- F. Caruso, “Hollow capsule processing through colloidal templating and self-assembly,” Chemistry, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 413–416, 2000.
- C. A. Bradley, B. D. Yuhas, M. J. McMurdo, et al., “Functionalized sìlìcone nanospheres: synthesis, transition metal immobilization, and catalytic applications,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 174–185, 2009.
- N. Venkatathri, “Synthesis of mesoporous silica nanosphere using different templates,” Solid State Communications, vol. 143, no. 10, pp. 493–497, 2007.
- G. Gnana Kumar, S. Senthilarasu, D. N. Lee et al., “Synthesis and characterization of aligned SiO2 nanosphere arrays: spray method,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 158, no. 17, pp. 684–687, 2008.
- Z. J. Peng, X. L. Fu, N. Zhu, X. Guo, C. Wang, and Z. Fu, “Preparation and growth mechanism of clustered one-dimensional SiOx amorphous nanowires by catalytic pyrolysis of a polymer precursor,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 135, no. 43, pp. 2156–2159, 2009.
- N. Zhu, Z. J. Peng, C. B. Wang, Z. Fu, and H. Miao, “Preparation and characterization of bundled one-dimensional Si3N4 single-crystalline nanowires by catalytic pyrolysis of a polymer precursor,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1094–1097, 2009.
- J. P. Li, Z. J. Zhang, Y. M. Luo, L. Guo, and Z. Xie, “Synthesis and characterization of amorphous SiO2 nanowires derived from a polymeric precursor,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 997–1002, 2008.
- X. L. Fu, N. Zhu, and Z. J. Peng, “One-step synthesis and characterization of tree-like branched alpha-Si3N4 nano/submicron-structures by pyrolysis of a polymer precursor,” Solid State Science, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1267–1272, 2012.
- Z. J. Peng, N. Zhu, X. L. Fu, et al., “Growth and mechanism of network-like branched Si3N4 nanostructures,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 2264–2267, 2010.
- N. Wang, Y. Cai, and R. Q. Zhang, “Growth of nanowires,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 60, no. 1–6, pp. 1–51, 2008.