- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 846102, 5 pages
Influence of Graphene Oxide on the Tribological and Electrical Properties of PMMA Composites
1School of Materials Science and Engineering, Chang'an University, Xian 710064, China
2School of Materials Science and Engineering, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Zhenjiang 212003, China
3College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xi'an Shiyou University, Xi'an 710065, China
Received 9 May 2013; Revised 4 July 2013; Accepted 7 July 2013
Academic Editor: Guohua Chen
Copyright © 2013 Jiale Song et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Electric field in atomically thin carbon films,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5696, pp. 666–669, 2004.
- J. C. Meyer, A. K. Geim, M. I. Katsnelson, K. S. Novoselov, T. J. Booth, and S. Roth, “The structure of suspended graphene sheets,” Nature, vol. 446, no. 7131, pp. 60–63, 2007.
- S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, G. H. B. Dommett et al., “Graphene-based composite materials,” Nature, vol. 442, no. 7100, pp. 282–286, 2006.
- J. Liang, Y. Huang, L. Zhang et al., “Molecular-level dispersion of graphene into poly(vinyl alcohol) and effective reinforcement of their nanocomposites,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 19, no. 14, pp. 2297–2302, 2009.
- T. Ramanathan, “Functionallzed grapheme sheets for polymer nanocomposites,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 327–331, 2008.
- D. A. Dikin, S. Stankovich, E. J. Zimney et al., “Preparation and characterization of graphene oxide paper,” Nature, vol. 448, no. 7152, pp. 457–460, 2007.
- X. Y. Huang and W. J. Brittain, “Synthesis and characterization of PMMA nanocomposites by suspension and emulsion polymerization,” Macromolecules, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 3255–3260, 2001.
- B. Dong, Z. Yang, Y. Huang, H. L. Li, L. Liu, and F. Y. Yan, “Preparation and tribological properties of poly(methyl methacrylate)/multi- walled carbon nanotubes composites,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 40, no. 16, pp. 4379–4382, 2005.
- W. S. Hummers Jr. and R. E. Offeman, “Preparation of graphitic oxide,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 6, p. 1339, 1958.
- T. Ramanathan, H. Liu, and L. C. Brinson, “Functionalized SWNT/polymer nanocomposites for dramatic property improvement,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 43, no. 17, pp. 2269–2279, 2005.
- P. M. Ajayan and B. I. Yakobson, “Oxygen breaks into carbon world,” Nature, vol. 441, no. 7095, pp. 818–819, 2006.
- T. Szabó, E. Tombácz, E. Illés, and I. Dékány, “Enhanced acidity and pH dependent surface charge characterization of successively oxidized graphite oxides,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 537–545, 2006.
- H. He, T. Riedl, A. Lerf, and J. Klinowski, “Solid-state NMR studies of the structure of graphite oxide,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 51, pp. 19954–19958, 1996.