- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 875361, 7 pages
Processing and Characterization of Silicon Nitride Nanofiber Paper
Mechanical Engineering Department, Villanova University, Villanova, PA 19085, USA
Received 22 February 2013; Revised 22 April 2013; Accepted 7 May 2013
Academic Editor: Diego Gomez-Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Kei-Peng Jen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Li, X. Li, H. Wang, and Z. Li, “Long silicon nitride nanowires synthesized in a simple route,” Applied Physics A, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 471–475, 2008.
- F. Wang, G. Jin, and X. Guo, “Formation mechanism of Si3N4 nanowires via carbothermal reduction of carbonaceous silica xerogels,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 30, pp. 14546–14549, 2006.
- D. Pan, Z. Shuyuan, Y. Chen, and J. G. Hou, “Hydrothermal preparation of long nanowires of vanadium oxide,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1981–1984, 2002.
- C. N. R. Rao, G. Gundiah, F. L. Deepak, A. Govindaraj, and A. K. Cheetham, “Carbon-assisted synthesis of inorganic nanowires,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 440–450, 2004.
- X. C. Wu, W. H. Song, B. Zhao et al., “Synthesis of coaxial nanowires of silicon nitride sheathed with silicon and silicon oxide,” Solid State Communications, vol. 115, no. 12, pp. 683–686, 2000.
- C. Deng, P. Yu, M. Yau, C. Ku, and D. H. L. Ng, “Fabrication of single-crystal α-Al2O3 nanorods by displacement reaction,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 86, no. 8, pp. 1385–1388, 2003.
- W. Yang, Z. Xie, J. Li, H. Miao, L. Zhang, and L. An, “Ultra-long single-crystalline α-Si3N4 nanowires: derived from a polymeric precursor,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 1647–1650, 2005.
- Y. Zhang, N. Wang, R. He, J. Liu, X. Zhang, and J. Zhu, “A simple method to synthesize Si3N4 and SiO2 nanowires from Si or Si/SiO2 mixture,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 233, no. 4, pp. 803–808, 2001.
- H. Arik, “Synthesis of Si3N4 by the carbo-thermal reduction and nitridation of diatomite,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2005–2014, 2003.
- X. C. Wu, W. H. Song, W. D. Huang et al., “Simultaneous Growth of alpha silicon nitride and beta silicon carbide nanorods,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 36, pp. 847–852, 2001.
- L. D. Zhang, G. W. Meng, and F. Phillipp, “Synthesis and characterization of nanowires and nanocables,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 286, no. 1, pp. 34–38, 2000.
- G. M. Chaudhuri, S. K. Ahmadullah, R. Dey, G. C. Das, S. Mukherjee, and M. K. Mitra, “Novel technique for synthesis of silicon nitride nanowires,” Advances in Applied Ceramics, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 211–214, 2011.
- G. J. Qi, “Si-N-C nanowires derived by polyhydridomethylsilazane pyrolysis,” Materials Sciences and Applications, vol. 2, pp. 936–939, 2011.
- C. Xu, M. Kim, J. Chun et al., “Gallium-doped silicon nitride nanowires sheathed with amorphous silicon oxynitride,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 949–954, 2005.
- M. Bechelany, A. Brioude, S. Bernard, G. Ferro, D. Cornu, and P. Miele, “Large-scale preparation of faceted Si3N4 nanorods from β-SiC nanowires,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 33, Article ID 335305, pp. 1–6, 2007.
- S. Motojima, S. Ueno, T. Hattori, and K. Goto, “Growth of regularly coiled spring-like fibers of Si3N4 by iron impurity-activated chemical vapor deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 1001–1003, 1989.
- J. J. Melendez-Martinez and A. Dominguez-Rodriguez, “Creep of silicon nitride,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 19–107, 2004.
- H. Y. Kim, J. Park, and H. Yang, “Synthesis of silicon nitride nanowires directly from the silicon substrates,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 372, no. 1-2, pp. 269–274, 2003.
- W. Han, S. Fan, Q. Li, B. Gu, X. Zhang, and D. Yu, “Synthesis of silicon nitride nanorods using carbon nanotube as a template,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 71, no. 16, pp. 2271–2273, 1997.
- S. Deshmukh, K. P. Jen, and S. Santhanam, “Comparison of silicon nitride nanofibers synthesized using silica nanopowders and silica gel,” Materials Sciences and Applications, vol. 3, pp. 523–529, 2012.
- Z. Zhao, J. Gou, and A. Khan, “Processing and structure of carbon nanofiber paper,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2009, Article ID 325769, 7 pages, 2009.
- D. W. Firsich, “Varieties of carbon nanofiber paper,” SAMPE Journal, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 58–61, 2007.
- J. Gou, Y. Tang, F. Liang, Z. Zhao, D. Firsich, and J. Fielding, “Carbon nanofiber paper for lightning strike protection of composite materials,” Composites B, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 192–198, 2010.
- H. Muramatsu, T. Hayashi, Y. A. Kim et al., “Pore structure and oxidation stability of double-walled carbon nanotube-derived bucky paper,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 414, no. 4-6, pp. 444–448, 2005.
- L. F. Dumée, K. Sears, J. Schütz et al., “Characterization and evaluation of carbon nanotube Bucky-Paper membranes for direct contact membrane distillation,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 351, no. 1-2, pp. 36–43, 2010.
- G. Xu, Q. Zhang, W. Zhou, J. Huang, and F. Wei, “The feasibility of producing MWCNT paper and strong MWCNT film from VACNT array,” Applied Physics A, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 531–539, 2008.
- H. Lu, Y. Liu, J. Gou, J. Leng, and S. Du, “Electrical properties and shape-memory behavior of self-assembled carbon nanofiber nanopaper incorporated with shape-memory polymer,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 19, pp. 1–7, 2010.
- ASTM International, “Standard test method for thermal transmission properties of thermally conductive electrical insulation materials,” ASTM D5470-06.
- R. J. Warzoha, A. Rao, R. Weigand, and A. S. Fleischer, “Experimental characterization of the thermal diffusivity of paraffin phase change material embedded with herringbone style graphite nanofibers,” in Proceedings of the ASME Summer Heat Transfer Conference (SHTC '12), Rio Grande, Puerto Rico, USA, July 2012.
- R. S. Prasher, X. J. Hu, Y. Chalopin et al., “Turning carbon nanotubes from exceptional heat conductors into insulators,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 102, no. 10, Article ID 105901, 4 pages, 2009.
- ASTM International, “Standard test method for determining specific heat capacity by differential scanning calorimetry,” ASTM E1269-11.