- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 891365, 6 pages
Annealing Effects of Sputtered Cu2O Nanocolumns on ZnO-Coated Glass Substrate for Solar Cell Applications
1Department of Electro-Optical Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, No. 1, Section 3, Chung-Hsiao E. Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
2Materials & Electro-Optics Research Division, Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology, P.O. Box No. 90008-8-6, Lung Tan, Taoyuan 325, Taiwan
Received 19 December 2012; Revised 5 February 2013; Accepted 13 February 2013
Academic Editor: Sanqing Huang
Copyright © 2013 Lung-Chien Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. C. Olsen, F. W. Addis, and W. Miller, “Experimental and theoretical studies of Cu2O solar cells,” Solar Cells, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 247–279, 1982.
- B. P. Rai, “Cu2O solar cells: a review,” Solar Cells, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 265–272, 1988.
- A. A. Berezin and F. L. Weichman, “Photovoltaic effect in cuprous oxide-copper junctions in relation to the optical absorption spectrum of cuprous oxide,” Solid State Communications, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 157–160, 1981.
- M. Nolan and S. D. Elliott, “The p-type conduction mechanism in Cu2O: a first principles study,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 8, no. 45, pp. 5350–5358, 2006.
- M. Sieberer, J. Redinger, and P. Mohn, “Electronic and magnetic structure of cuprous oxide Cu2 O doped with Mn, Fe, Co, and Ni: a density-functional theory study,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 3, Article ID 035203, 2007.
- J. Cui and U. J. Gibson, “A simple two-step electrodeposition of Cu2O/ZnO Nanopillar solar cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 14, pp. 6408–6412, 2010.
- T. Minami, T. Miyata, K. Ihara, Y. Minamino, and S. Tsukada, “Effect of ZnO film deposition methods on the photovoltaic properties of ZnO-Cu2O heterojunction devices,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 494, no. 1-2, pp. 47–52, 2006.
- C. C. Chen, L. C. Chen, and Y. H. Lee, “Fabrication and optoelectrical properties of IZO/Cu2O heterostructure solar cells by thermal oxidation,” Advances in Condensed Matter Physics, vol. 2012, Article ID 129139, 5 pages, 2012.
- W. Septina, S. Ikeda, M. A. Khan et al., “Potentiostatic electrodeposition of cuprous oxide thin films for photovoltaic applications,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 56, no. 13, pp. 4882–4888, 2011.
- X. Wang, R. Li, and D. Fan, “Nanostructured Al-ZnO/CdSe/Cu2O ETA solar cells on Al-ZnO film/quartz glass templates,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 6, article 614, 2011.
- L. M. Wong, S. Y. Chiam, J. Q. Huang, S. J. Wang, J. S. Pan, and W. K. Chim, “Growth of Cu2O on Ga-doped ZnO and their interface energy alignment for thin film solar cells,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 108, no. 3, Article ID 033702, 2010.
- S. Ishizuka, S. Kato, T. Maruyama, and K. Akimoto, “Nitrogen doping into Cu2O thin films deposited by reactive radio-frequency magnetron sputtering,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 2765–2768, 2001.
- S. Jeong and E. S. Aydil, “Heteroepitaxial growth of Cu2O thin film on ZnO by metal organic chemical vapor deposition,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 17, pp. 4188–4192, 2009.
- K. Nakaoka and K. Ogura, “Electrochemical preparation of p-type cupric and cuprous oxides on platinum and gold substrates from copper(II) solutions with various amino acids,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 149, no. 11, pp. C579–C585, 2002.
- A. K. Mukhopadhyay, A. K. Chakraborty, A. P. Chatterjee, and S. K. Lahiri, “Galvanostatic deposition and electrical characterization of cuprous oxide thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 209, no. 1, pp. 92–96, 1992.
- S. Joseph and P. V. Kamath, “Electrochemical deposition of Cu2O on stainless steel substrates: promotion and suppression of oriented crystallization,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1215–1221, 2008.
- T. Fujiwara, T. Nakaue, and M. Yoshimura, “Direct fabrication and patterning of Cu2O film by local electrodeposition method,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 175, no. 1–4, pp. 541–544, 2004.
- L. Zhang, H. Li, Y. Ni, J. Li, K. Liao, and G. Zhao, “Porous cuprous oxide microcubes for non-enzymatic amperometric hydrogen peroxide and glucose sensing,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 812–815, 2009.
- C. H. Kuo and M. H. Huang, “Fabrication of truncated rhombic dodecahedral Cu2O nanocages and nanoframes by particle aggregation and acidic etching,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 38, pp. 12815–12820, 2008.
- G. Jimenez-Cadena, E. Comini, M. Ferroni, and G. Sberveglieri, “Synthesis of Cu2O bi-pyramids by reduction of Cu(OH)2 in solution,” Materials Letters, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 469–471, 2010.
- A. Mittiga, E. Salza, F. Sarto, M. Tucci, and R. Vasanthi, “Heterojunction solar cell with 2% efficiency based on a Cu2O substrate,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 16, Article ID 163502, 2006.
- S. Jeong and E. S. Aydil, “Structural and electrical properties of Cu2O thin films deposited on ZnO by metal organic chemical vapor deposition,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1338–1343, 2010.
- B. S. Li, K. Akimoto, and A. Shen, “Growth of Cu2O thin films with high hole mobility by introducing a low-temperature buffer layer,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 4, pp. 1102–1105, 2009.
- S. Ishizuka, T. Maruyama, and K. Akimoto, “Thin-film deposition of Cu2O by reactive radio-frequency magnetron sputtering,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 39, no. 8A, pp. L786–L788, 2000.
- J. H. Hsieh, P. W. Kuo, K. C. Peng, S. J. Liu, J. D. Hsueh, and S. C. Chang, “Opto-electronic properties of sputter-deposited Cu2O films treated with rapid thermal annealing,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 16, pp. 5449–5453, 2008.
- V. Figueiredo, E. Elangovan, G. Gonçalves et al., “Electrical, structural and optical characterization of copper oxide thin films as a function of post annealing temperature,” Physica Status Solidi (A), vol. 206, no. 9, pp. 2143–2148, 2009.
- S. Hussain, C. Cao, G. Nabi, W. S. Khan, Z. Usman, and T. Mahmood, “Effect of electrodeposition and annealing of ZnO on optical and photovoltaic properties of the p-Cu2O/n-ZnO solar cells,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 56, no. 24, pp. 8342–8346, 2011.