- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 912548, 8 pages
Microstructure and Flow Stress of Nanoscale Cu/Nb Multilayers
1State Key Laboratory for Strength and Vibration of Mechanical Structures, School of Aerospace, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 710049, China
2State Key Laboratory for Mechanical Behavior of Material, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 710049, China
Received 2 April 2013; Accepted 11 May 2013
Academic Editor: Sheng-Rui Jian
Copyright © 2013 F. Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. O. Schweitz, J. Chevallier, J. Bottiger, W. Matz, and N. Schell, “Hardness in Ag/Ni, Au/Ni and Cu/Ni multilayers,” Philosophical Magazine A, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 2021–2032, 2001.
- A. Misra, M. Verdier, Y. C. Lu et al., “Structure and mechanical properties of Cu-X (X = Nb,Cr,Ni) nanolayered composites,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 39, no. 4-5, pp. 555–560, 1998.
- J. McKeown, A. Misra, H. Kung, R. G. Hoagland, and M. Nastasi, “Microstructures and strength of nanoscale Cu-Ag multilayers,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 593–598, 2002.
- X. Y. Zhu, J. T. Luo, F. Zeng, and F. Pan, “Microstructure and ultrahigh strength of nanoscale Cu/Nb multilayers,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 520, no. 2, pp. 818–823, 2011.
- D. Bhattacharyya, N. A. Mara, P. Dickerson, R. G. Hoagland, and A. Misra, “Transmission electron microscopy study of the deformation behavior of Cu/Nb and Cu/Ni nanoscale multilayers during nanoindentation,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 1291–1302, 2009.
- Y. P. Li, X. F. Zhu, J. Tan, B. Wu, W. Wang, and G. P. Zhang, “Comparative investigation of strength and plastic instability in Cu/Au and Cu/Cr multilayers by indentation,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 728–735, 2009.
- G. P. Zhang, Y. Liu, W. Wang, and J. Tan, “Experimental evidence of plastic deformation instability in nanoscale Au/Cu multilayers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 1, Article ID 013105, 2006.
- F. Wang, P. Huang, M. Xu, T. J. Lu, and K. W. Xu, “Shear banding deformation in Cu/Ta nano-multilayers,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 528, no. 24, pp. 7290–7294, 2011.
- M. A. Meyers, A. Mishra, and D. J. Benson, “Mechanical properties of nanocrystalline materials,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 427–556, 2006.
- H. Van Swygenhoven and P. M. Derlet, “Grain-boundary sliding in nanocrystalline fcc metals,” Physical Review B, vol. 64, no. 22, Article ID 224105, 9 pages, 2001.
- H. Van Swygenhoven, M. Spaczer, and A. Caro, “Microscopic description of plasticity in computer generated metallic nanophase samples: a comparison between Cu and Ni,” Acta Materialia, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 3117–3126, 1999.
- J. Wang, R. G. Hoagland, and A. Misra, “Room-temperature dislocation climb in metallic interfaces,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 13, Article ID 131910, 2009.
- S. P. Wen, F. Zeng, F. Pan, and Z. R. Nie, “The influence of grain morphology on indentation deformation characteristic of metallic nano-multilayers,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 526, no. 1-2, pp. 166–170, 2009.
- A. Misra, J. P. Hirth, and R. G. Hoagland, “Length-scale-dependent deformation mechanisms in incoherent metallic multilayered composites,” Acta Materialia, vol. 53, no. 18, pp. 4817–4824, 2005.
- A. Misra and H. Kung, “Deformation behavior of nanostructured metallic multilayers,” Advanced Engineering Materials, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 217–222, 2001.
- Q. M. Wei and A. Misra, “Transmission electron microscopy study of the microstructure and crystallographic orientation relationships in V/Ag multilayers,” Acta Materialia, vol. 58, no. 14, pp. 4871–4882, 2010.
- C. A. Schuh, T. C. Hufnagel, and U. Ramamurty, “Mechanical behavior of amorphous alloys,” Acta Materialia, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 4067–4109, 2007.
- Y. Wang, J. Li, A. V. Hamza, and T. W. Barbee, “Ductile crystalline-amorphous nanolaminates,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 104, no. 27, pp. 11155–11160, 2007.
- F. Shimizu, S. Ogata, and J. Li, “Yield point of metallic glass,” Acta Materialia, vol. 54, no. 16, pp. 4293–4298, 2006.
- Y. P. Li, J. Tan, and G. P. Zhang, “Interface instability within shear bands in nanoscale Au/Cu multilayers,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 1226–1229, 2008.
- Y. M. Wang, A. V. Hamza, and T. W. Barbee, “Incipient plasticity in metallic glass modulated nanolaminates,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 6, Article ID 061924, 2007.
- Q. Wei and A. Misra, “Transmission electron microscopy study of the microstructure and crystallographic orientation relationships in V/Ag multilayers,” Acta Materialia, vol. 58, no. 14, pp. 4871–4882, 2010.