- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 931815, 8 pages
Design, Synthesis, and Characterization of Novel Thiol-Derivatized Ibuprofen Monolayer Protected Gold Clusters
1Department of Pharmacy, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan 71710, Taiwan
2Drug Discovery and Development Center, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan 71710, Taiwan
3Department of Medicinal and Applied Chemistry, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 80708, Taiwan
Received 24 December 2012; Revised 31 January 2013; Accepted 14 February 2013
Academic Editor: Zhenhui Kang
Copyright © 2013 Kuan-Han Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Brust, M. Walker, D. Bethell, D. J. Schiffrin, and R. Whyman, “Synthesis of thiol-derivatised gold nanoparticles in a two-phase liquid-liquid system,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Chemical Communications, no. 7, pp. 801–802, 1994.
- D. Gordon, G. H. Beastall, J. A. Thomson, and R. D. Sturrock, “Prolonged hypogonadism in male patients with rheumatoid arthritis during flares in disease activity,” British Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 440–444, 1988.
- A. S. Zahr, M. De Villiers, and M. V. Pishko, “Encapsulation of drug nanoparticles in self-assembled macromolecular nanoshells,” Langmuir, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 403–410, 2005.
- M. Thomas and A. M. Klibanov, “Conjugation to gold nanoparticles enhances polyethylenimine's transfer of plasmid dna into mammalian cells,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 100, no. 16, pp. 9138–9143, 2003.
- C. M. Goodman, C. D. McCusker, T. Yilmaz, and V. M. Rotello, “Toxicity of gold nanoparticles functionalized with cationic and anionic side chains,” Bioconjugate Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 897–900, 2004.
- X. Huang, I. H. El-Sayed, W. Qian, and M. A. El-Sayed, “Cancer cell imaging and photothermal therapy in the near-infrared region by using gold nanorods,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 128, no. 6, pp. 2115–2120, 2006.
- L. R. Hirsch, R. J. Stafford, J. A. Bankson et al., “Nanoshell-mediated near-infrared thermal therapy of tumors under magnetic resonance guidance,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 100, no. 23, pp. 13549–13554, 2003.
- Y. Y. Huang, H. Y. Hsu, and C. J. C. Huang, “A protein detection technique by using surface plasmon resonance (SPR) with rolling circle amplification (RCA) and nanogold-modified tags,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 980–985, 2007.
- J. Zhou, W. Wu, D. Caruntu et al., “Synthesis of porous magnetic hollow silica nanospheres for nanomedicine application,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 47, pp. 17473–17477, 2007.
- M. M. Maye, Y. Lou, and C. J. Zhong, “Core-shell gold nanoparticle assembly as novel electrocatalyst of CO oxidation,” Langmuir, vol. 16, no. 19, pp. 7520–7523, 2000.
- C. J. Zhong, W. X. Zhang, F. L. Leibowitz, and H. H. Eichelberger, “Size and shape evolution of core-shell nanocrystals,” Chemical Communications, no. 13, pp. 1211–1212, 1999.
- C. J. Zhong, W. X. Zheng, and F. L. Leibowitz, “Electrode nanomaterials self-assembled from thiolate-encapsulated gold nanocrystals,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 72–77, 1999.
- X. Liu, J. G. Worden, Q. Huo, and J. P. Brennan, “Kinetic study of gold nanoparticle growth in solution by Brust-Schiffrin reaction,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1054–1059, 2006.
- M. Brust, J. Fink, D. Bethell, D. J. Schiffrin, and C. Kiely, “Synthesis and reactions of functionalized gold nanoparticles,” Journal of the Chemical Society-Chemical Communications, no. 16, pp. 1655–1656, 1995.
- M. J. Hostetler, J. E. Wingate, C. J. Zhong et al., “Alkanethiolate gold cluster molecules with core diameters from 1.5 to 5.2 nm: core and monolayer properties as a function of core size,” Langmuir, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 17–30, 1998.
- S. J. Green, J. J. Stokes, M. J. Hostetler, J. Pietron, and R. W. Murray, “Three-dimensional monolayers: nanometer-sized electrodes of alkanethiolate-stabilized gold cluster molecules,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 101, no. 14, pp. 2663–2668, 1997.
- J. Fink, C. J. Kiely, D. Bethell, and D. J. Schiffrin, “Self-organization of nanosized gold particles,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 922–926, 1998.
- R. H. Terrill, T. A. Postlethwaite, C. Chen et al., “Monolayers in 3 dimensions—electron-transport dynamics in solid alkanethiol-stabilized gold colloids,” Abstracts of Papers of the American Chemical Society, vol. 210, 380-INOR, 1995.
- A. Badia, L. Cuccia, L. Demers, F. Morin, and R. B. Lennox, “Structure and dynamics in alkanethiolate monolayers self-assembled on gold nanoparticles: a DSC, FT-IR, and deuterium NMR study,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 119, no. 11, pp. 2682–2692, 1997.
- M. J. Hostetler and R. W. Murray, “Colloids and self-assembled monolayers,” Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 42–50, 1997.
- M. J. Hostetler, J. J. Stokes, and R. W. Murray, “Infrared spectroscopy of three-dimensional self-assembled monolayers: n-alkanethiolate monolayers on gold cluster compounds,” Langmuir, vol. 12, no. 15, pp. 3604–3612, 1996.