- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 937697, 9 pages
Purification and Functionalization of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes through Different Treatment Procedures
1General Education Center, Jen-Teh Junior College of Medicine, Nursing and Management, Houlong, Miaoli County 35664, Taiwan
2Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, National Chin-Yi University of Technology, Taiping, Taichung 41111, Taiwan
3Material Application Center, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Tainan 70955, Taiwan
Received 29 November 2012; Accepted 28 January 2013
Academic Editor: Anukorn Phuruangrat
Copyright © 2013 Peir-An Tsai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. M. J. Treacy, T. W. Ebbesen, and J. M. Gibson, “Exceptionally high Young's modulus observed for individual carbon nanotubes,” Nature, vol. 381, no. 6584, pp. 678–680, 1996.
- B. Liu, H. Jiang, H. T. Johnson, and Y. Huang, “The influence of mechanical deformation on the electrical properties of single wall carbon nanotubes,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 1–26, 2004.
- P. Ciambelli, D. Sannino, M. Sarno, C. Leone, and U. Lafont, “Effects of alumina phases and process parameters on the multiwalled carbon nanotubes growth,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 16, no. 4–7, pp. 1144–1149, 2007.
- E. Flahaut, C. Laurent, and A. Peigney, “Catalytic CVD synthesis of double and triple-walled carbon nanotubes by the control of the catalyst preparation,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 375–383, 2005.
- T. Zhao and Y. Liu, “Large scale and high purity synthesis of single-walled carbon nanotubes by arc discharge at controlled temperatures,” Carbon, vol. 42, no. 12-13, pp. 2765–2768, 2004.
- M. Yao, B. Liu, Y. Zou et al., “Synthesis of single-wall carbon nanotubes and long nanotube ribbons with Ho/Ni as catalyst by arc discharge,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 14, pp. 2894–2901, 2005.
- L. Huang, B. Wu, J. Chen et al., “Synthesis of single-walled carbon nanotubes by an arc-discharge method using selenium as a promoter,” Carbon, vol. 49, pp. 4792–4800, 2011.
- A. Aguilar-Elguézabal, W. Antúnez, G. Alonso, F. P. Delgado, F. Espinosa, and M. Miki-Yoshida, “Study of carbon nanotubes synthesis by spray pyrolysis and model of growth,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 1329–1335, 2006.
- I. Khatri, T. Soga, T. Jimbo, S. Adhikari, H. R. Aryal, and M. Umeno, “Synthesis of single walled carbon nanotubes by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis method,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 18, no. 2-3, pp. 319–323, 2009.
- H. Okuno, J. P. Issi, and J. C. Charlier, “Catalyst assisted synthesis of carbon nanotubes using the oxy-acetylene combustion flame method,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 864–866, 2005.
- Z. Jiang, R. Song, W. Bi, J. Lu, and T. Tang, “Polypropylene as a carbon source for the synthesis of multi-walled carbon nanotubes via catalytic combustion,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 449–458, 2007.
- T. Nozaki and K. Okazaki, “Carbon nanotube synthesis in atmospheric pressure glow discharge: a review,” Plasma Processes and Polymers, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 300–321, 2008.
- T. F. Kuo, C. C. Chi, and I. N. Lin, “Synthesis of carbon nanotubes by laser ablation of graphites at room temperature,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 7147–7150, 2001.
- L. A. Montoro, C. A. Luengo, J. M. Rosolen, E. Cazzanelli, and G. Mariotto, “Study of oxygen influence in the production of single-wall carbon nanotubes obtained by arc method using Ni and Y catalyst,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 12, no. 3–7, pp. 846–850, 2003.
- Y. Li, X. Zhang, J. Luo et al., “Purification of CVD synthesized single-wall carbon nanotubes by different acid oxidation treatments,” Nanotechnology, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1645–1649, 2004.
- A. Suri and K. S. Coleman, “The superiority of air oxidation over liquid-phase oxidative treatment in the purification of carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 3031–3038, 2011.
- F. H. Ko, C. Y. Lee, C. J. Ko, and T. C. Chu, “Purification of multi-walled carbon nanotubes through microwave heating of nitric acid in a closed vessel,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 727–733, 2005.
- K. J. MacKenzie, O. M. Dunens, M. J. Hanus, and A. T. Harris, “Optimisation of microwave-assisted acid digestion for the purification of supported carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 13, pp. 4179–4190, 2011.
- J. L. Bahr, E. T. Mickelson, M. J. Bronikowski, R. E. Smalley, and J. M. Tour, “Dissolution of small diameter single-wall carbon nanotubes in organic solvents?” Chemical Communications, no. 2, pp. 193–194, 2001.
- C. A. Capozzi, R. A. Condrate, and L. D. Dye, “Hapannowicz, vibrational spectral/structural changes from the hydrolysis/ polycondensation of methyl-modified silicates IV. IR spectral comparisons from the tetramethoxysilane/ methyltrimethoxysilane/ diethoxydimethylsilane system,” Materials Letters, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 349–352, 1994.
- S. Yan, W. Ling, and E. Zhou, “Rapid synthesis of Mn0.65Zn0.35Fe2O4/SiO2 homogeneous nanocomposites by modified sol-gel auto-combustion method,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 273, no. 1-2, pp. 226–233, 2004.