- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 938370, 10 pages
Understanding the Factors That Control the Formation and Morphology of through Hydrothermal Route
1Department of Applied Physics, Research Center Analysis and Measurement and State Key Laboratory for Modification of Chemical Fibers and Polymer Materials, Donghua University, 2999 North Renmin Road, Songjiang District, Shanghai 201620, China
2Department of Mathematical Sciences, College of Engineering, Tennessee State University, 3500 John A. Merritt Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37209-156, USA
3National Laboratory for Infrared Physics, Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics, Chinese Academy of Science, Shanghai 200083, China
Received 18 December 2012; Revised 7 March 2013; Accepted 11 March 2013
Academic Editor: Xuebo Cao
Copyright © 2013 Xu Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. H. Ku, H. H. Yang, G. R. Chen, and J. J. Wu, “Wet-chemical route to ZnO nanowire-layered basic zinc acetate/ZnO nanoparticle composite film,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 283–290, 2008.
- Z. P. Xu, G. S. Stevenson, C. Q. Lu, P. F. Bartlett, and P. P. Gray, “Stable suspension of layered double hydroxide nanoparticles in aqueous solution,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 36–37, 2006.
- T. Biswick, W. Jones, A. Pacuła, E. Serwicka, and J. Podobinski, “The role of anhydrous zinc nitrate in the thermal decomposition of the zinc hydroxy nitrates and ,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 180, no. 4, pp. 1171–1179, 2007.
- M. Louër, D. Louër, and D. Grandjean, “Etude structurale des hydroxynitrates de nickel et de zinc. I. Classification structurale,” Acta Crystallographica B, vol. 29, pp. 1696–1703, 1973.
- W. Stahlin and H. Oswald, “The crystal structure of zinc hydroxide nitrate, ,” Acta Crystallographica B, vol. 26, pp. 860–863, 1970.
- S. Carlino, “The intercalation of carboxylic acids into layered double hydroxides: a critical evaluation and review of the different methods,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 98, no. 1-2, pp. 73–84, 1997.
- F. Wypych, G. G. C. Arízaga, and J. E. F. D. C. Gardolinski, “Intercalation and functionalization of zinc hydroxide nitrate with mono- and dicarboxylic acids,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 283, no. 1, pp. 130–138, 2005.
- W. X. Zhang and K. Yanagisawa, “Hydrothermal synthesis of zinc hydroxide chloride sheets and their conversion to ZnO,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 2329–2334, 2007.
- R. Q. Song, A. W. Xu, B. Deng, Q. Li, and G. Y. Chen, “From layered basic zinc acetate nanobelts to hierarchical zinc oxide nanostructures and porous zinc oxide nanobelts,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 296–306, 2007.
- W. Yang, Y. Liu, Y. Hu, M. Zhou, and H. Qian, “Microwave-assisted synthesis of porous CdO-CdS core-shell nanoboxes with enhanced visible-light-driven photocatalytic reduction of Cr(VI),” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 28, pp. 13895–13898, 2012.
- C. Chen, Y. Xie, L. Chu, R.-W. Wang, X. Zhang, and F.-L. Qing, “Copper-catalyzed oxidative trifluoromethylthiolation of aryl boronic acids with TMSCF3 and elemental sulfur,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 2492–2495, 2012.
- C.-H. Ku and J.-J. Wu, “Chemical bath deposition of ZnO nanowire-nanoparticle composite electrodes for use in dye-sensitized solar cells,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 50, Article ID 50570680, 9 pages, 2007.
- D. S. Boyle, K. Govender, and P. O'Brien, “Novel low temperature solution deposition of perpendicularly orientated rods of ZnO: substrate effects and evidence of the importance of counter-ions in the control of crystallite growth,” Chemical Communications, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 80–81, 2002.
- E. Hosono, S. Fujihara, I. Honma, and H. Zhou, “The fabrication of an upright-standing zinc oxide nanosheet for use in dye-sensitized solar cells,” Advanced Materials, vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 2091–2094, 2005.
- S. P. Newman and W. Jones, “Comparative study of some layered hydroxide salts containing exchangeable interlayer anions,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 26–40, 1999.
- C. P. Fah, J. Xue, and J. Wang, “Nanosized zinc-oxide particles derived from mechanical activation of in sodium chloride,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 273–275, 2002.
- Y. Lin and Q. Jiang, “Effect of substrates and anions of zinc salts on the morphology of ZnO nanostructures,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 20, pp. 8728–8731, 2011.
- L. E. Greene, M. Law, D. H. Tan et al., “General route to vertical ZnO nanowire arrays using textured ZnO seeds,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 1231–1236, 2005.
- S. Fujihara, C. Sasaki, and T. Kimura, “Crystallization behavior and origin of c-axis orientation in sol-gel-derived ZnO:Li thin films on glass substrates,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 180, no. 3-4, pp. 341–350, 2001.
- J. G. Strom and H. W. Jun, “Kinetics of hydrolysis of methenamine,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 1261–1263, 1980.
- K. Govender, D. S. Boyle, P. B. Kenwa, and P. O' Brien, “Understanding the factors that govern the deposition and morphology of thin films of ZnO from aqueous solution,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 16, pp. 2575–2591, 2004.
- T. Ghoshal, S. Kar, and S. Chaudhuri, “Synthesis and optical properties of nanometer to micrometer wide hexagonal cones and columns of ZnO,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 293, no. 2, pp. 438–446, 2006.
- B. Schwenzer, J. R. Gomm, and D. E. Morse, “Substrate-induced growth of nanostructured zinc oxide films at room temperature using concepts of biomimetic catalysis,” Langmuir, vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 9829–9831, 2006.
- Y. K. Sze and D. E. Irish, “Vibrational spectral studies of ion-ion and ion-solvent interactions. I. Zinc nitrate in water,” Journal of Solution Chemistry, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 395–415, 1978.
- G. E. B. Y. Ahlijah and E. F. Mooney, “The attenuated total reflection spectra of polyatomic inorganic anions-II.: the nitrogen containing anions,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 619–627, 1969.
- D. E. Irish and A. R. Davis, “Interactions in aqueous alkali metal nitrate solutions,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 943–951, 1968.
- E. Secco and G. Worth, “Infrared spectra of unannealed and of annealed Cu4(OH)6(NO3)2,” Canadian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 65, no. 10, pp. 2504–2508, 1987.
- R. L. Frost, A. Soisnard, N. Voyer, S. J. Palmer, and W. N. Martens, “Thermo-Raman spectroscopy of selected layered double hydroxides of formula Cu6AI2(OH)16CO3 and Zn6AI2(OH)16CO3,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 645–649, 2009.
- G. G. C. Arizaga, J. E. F. D. C. Gardolinski, W. H. Schreiner, and F. Wypych, “Intercalation of an oxalatooxoniobate complex into layered double hydroxide and layered zinc hydroxide nitrate,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 330, no. 2, pp. 352–358, 2009.
- S. J. Palmer, R. L. Frosta, and L. M. Grand, “Raman spectroscopy of gallium- and zinc-based hydrotalcites,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1168–1173, 2011.
- H. M. Cheng, W. H. Chiu, C. H. Lee, S. Y. Tsai, and W. F. Hsieh, “Formation of branched ZnO nanowires from solvothermal method and dye-sensitized solar cells applications,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 42, pp. 16359–16364, 2008.
- T. C. Damen, S. P. S. Porto, and B. Tell, “Raman effect in zinc oxide,” Physical Review, vol. 142, no. 2, pp. 570–574, 1966.
- W. D. Zhou, X. Wu, Y. C. Zhang, and M. Zhang, “Solvothermal synthesis of hexagonal ZnO nanorods and their photoluminescence properties,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 10, pp. 2054–2057, 2007.
- A. V. Dijken, E. A. Meulenkamp, D. Vanmaekelbergh, and A. Meijerink, “The kinetics of the radiative and nonradiative processes in nanocrystalline ZnO particles upon photoexcitation,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 1715–1723, 2000.
- K. H. Tam, C. K. Cheung, Y. H. Leung et al., “Defects in ZnO nanorods prepared by a hydrothermal method,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 42, pp. 20865–20871, 2006.