- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 980390, 6 pages
Investigation of Nanocomposite by FESEM and TEM
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, Lembah Pantai, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Manufacturing and Materials Engineering, Kulliyyah of Engineering, International Islamic University Malaysia, P.O. Box 10, 50728 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 10 January 2013; Revised 11 March 2013; Accepted 11 March 2013
Academic Editor: Christian Brosseau
Copyright © 2013 B. C. Ang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Sugimoto, “The past, present and future of ferrites,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 82, pp. 269–280, 1999.
- G. Bate, “Magnetic recording materials since 1975,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 100, pp. 413–424, 1999.
- T. Ida, H. Tsuiki, A. Ueno et al., “Characterization of iron oxide in Fe2O3 SiO2 catalyst,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 428–439, 1987.
- M. P. Morales, C. Pecharroman, T. G. Carreñ, and C. J. Serna, “Structural characteristics of uniform γ-Fe2O3 particles with different axial (length/width) ratios,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 158–163, 1994.
- G. Ennas, A. Musinu, G. Piccaluga et al., “Characterization of iron oxide nanoparticles in an Fe2O3-SiO2 composite prepared by a sol-gel method,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 10, pp. 495–502, 1998.
- F. Del Monte, M. P. Morales, D. Levy et al., “Formation of γ-Fe2O3 isolated nanoparticles in a silica matrix,” Langmuir, vol. 13, no. 14, pp. 3627–3634, 1997.
- N. F. Borelli, D. L. Morse, and J. W. H. Schreurs, “Magnetic properties of iron oxide photolytically produced from Fe(CO)5 impregnated porous glass,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 54, no. 6, article 3344, 7 pages, 1983.
- R. F. Ziolo, E. P. Giannelis, B. A. Weinstein et al., “Matrix-mediated synthesis of nanocrystalline γ-Fe2O3: a new optically transparent magnetic material,” Science, vol. 257, no. 5067, pp. 219–223, 1992.
- M. T. Nguyen and A. F. Diaz, “A novel method for the preparation of magnetic nanoparticles in a polypyrrole powder,” Advanced Materials, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 858–860, 1994.
- H. Hirashima, C. Kojima, K. Kohama et al., “Oxide aerogel catalysts,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 225, no. 1–3, pp. 153–156, 1998.
- L. M. Hair, P. R. Coronado, and J. G. Reynolds, “Mixed-metal oxide aerogels for oxidation of volatile organic compounds,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 270, no. 1–3, pp. 115–122, 2000.
- L. Casas, A. Roig, E. Rodríguez, E. Molins, J. Tejada, and J. Sort, “Silica aerogel-iron oxide nanocomposites: structural and magnetic properties,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 285, no. 1–3, pp. 37–43, 2001.
- S. Santra, R. Tapec, N. Theodoropoulou, J. Dobson, A. Hebard, and W. Tan, “Synthesis and characterization of silica-coated iron oxide nanoparticles in microemulsion: the effect of nonionic surfactants,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 2900–2906, 2001.
- H. H. Yang, S. Q. Zhang, X. L. Chen, Z. X. Zhuang, J. G. Xu, and X. R. Wang, “Magnetite-containing spherical silica nanoparticles for biocatalysis and bioseparations,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 1316–1321, 2005.
- M. F. Casula, A. Corrias, and G. Paschina, “Iron oxide-silica aerogel and xerogel nanocomposite materials,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 293–295, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2001.
- C. Cannas, G. Concas, D. Gatteschi et al., “Superparamagnetic behaviour of γ-Fe2O3 nanoparticles dispersed in a silica matrix,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 832–838, 2001.
- R. Fernández-Pacheco, M. Arruebo, C. Marquina, R. Ibarra, J. Arbiol, and J. Santamaría, “Highly magnetic silica-coated iron nanoparticles prepared by the arc-discharge method,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1188–1192, 2006.
- E. Barrado, J. A. Rodríguez, F. Prieto, and J. Medina, “Characterization of iron oxides embedded in silica gel obtained by two different methods,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 351, no. 10-11, pp. 906–914, 2005.
- C. Janzen, J. Knipping, B. Rellinghaus, and P. Roth, “Formation of silica-embedded iron-oxide nanoparticles in low-pressure flames,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 5, no. 5-6, pp. 589–596, 2003.
- S. Mornet, F. Grasset, J. Portier, and E. Duguet, “Maghemite@silica nanoparticles for biological applications,” European Cells and Materials, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 110–113, 2002.
- P. P. C. Sartoratto, K. L. Caiado, R. C. Pedroza, S. W. da Silva, and P. C. Morais, “The thermal stability of maghemite-silica nanocomposites: an investigation using X-ray diffraction and Raman spectroscopy,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 434-435, pp. 650–654, 2007.
- L. Zhang, G. C. Papaefthymiou, R. F. Ziolo, and J. Y. Ying, “Novel γ-Fe2O3/SiO2 magnetic nanocomposites via sol-gel matrix-mediated synthesis,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 9, no. 1–8, pp. 185–188, 1997.
- B. C. Ang and I. I. Yaacob, “Preparation of maghemite-silica nanocomposites using sol-gel technique,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 97–101, pp. 2140–2143, 2010.
- S. Gubbala, H. Nathani, K. Koizol, and R. D. K. Misra, “Magnetic properties of nanocrystalline Ni-Zn, Zn-Mn, and Ni-Mn ferrites synthesized by reverse micelle technique,” Physica B, vol. 348, no. 1–4, pp. 317–328, 2004.
- A. B. Chin and I. I. Yaacob, “Synthesis and characterization of magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles via w/o microemulsion and Massart's procedure,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 191, no. 1–3, pp. 235–237, 2007.