- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 183954, 6 pages
Room Temperature Optical Constants and Band Gap Evolution of Phase Pure M1-VO2 Thin Films Deposited at Different Oxygen Partial Pressures by Reactive Magnetron Sputtering
1State Key Laboratory of High Performance Ceramics and Superfine Microstructure, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics (SIC), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Dingxi 1295, Changning, Shanghai 200050, China
2Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Yuquanlu 19, Beijing 100049, China
3School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai University, 99 Shangda, Shanghai 200444, China
Received 13 October 2013; Accepted 11 December 2013; Published 2 January 2014
Academic Editor: Yoshitake Masuda
Copyright © 2014 Meng Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. J. Morin, “Oxides which show a metal-to-insulator transition at the neel temperature,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 34–36, 1959.
- T. C. Koethe, Z. Hu, M. W. Haverkort et al., “Transfer of spectral weight and symmetry across the metal-insulator transition in VO2,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 97, no. 11, Article ID 116402, 2006.
- Z. Zhang, Y. Gao, H. Luo et al., “Solution-based fabrication of vanadium dioxide on F:SnO2 substrates with largely enhanced thermochromism and low-emissivity for energy-saving applications,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 4290–4297, 2011.
- Y. F. Gao, S. B. Wang, L. T. Kang et al., “VO2-Sb:SnO2 composite thermochromic smart glass foil,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 5, pp. 8234–8237, 2012.
- Y. Gao, H. Luo, Z. Zhang et al., “Nanoceramic VO2 thermochromic smart glass: a review on progress in solution processing,” Nano Energy, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 221–246, 2012.
- P. P. Boriskov, A. A. Velichko, A. L. Pergament, G. B. Stefanovich, and D. G. Stefanovich, “The effect of electric field on metal-insulator phase transition in vanadium dioxide,” Technical Physics Letters, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 406–408, 2002.
- C. H. Griffiths and H. K. Eastwood, “Influence of stoichiometry on the metal-semiconductor transition in vanadium dioxide,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 2201–2206, 1974.
- J. Li and J. Dho, “Anomalous optical switching and thermal hysteresis behaviors of VO2 films on glass substrate,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, no. 23, Article ID 231909, 2011.
- A. C. Jones, S. Berweger, J. Wei, D. Cobden, and M. B. Raschke, “Nano-optical investigations of the metal-insulator phase behavior of individual VO2 microcrystals,” Nano Letters, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 1574–1581, 2010.
- P. Schilbe, “Raman scattering in VO2,” Physica B, vol. 316-317, pp. 600–602, 2002.
- J. Y. Chou, J. L. Lensch-Falk, E. R. Hemesath, and L. J. Lauhon, “Vanadium oxide nanowire phase and orientation analyzed by Raman spectroscopy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 3, Article ID 034310, 2009.
- C. Marini, E. Arcangeletti, D. di Castro et al., “Optical properties of V1-xCrxO2 compounds under high pressure,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 23, Article ID 235111, 2008.
- J. M. Atkin, S. Berweger, E. K. Chavez et al., “Strain and temperature dependence of the insulating phases of VO2 near the metal-insulator transition,” Physical Review B, vol. 85, no. 2, Article ID 020101, 2012.
- Y. D. Ji, T. S. Pan, Z. Bi et al., “Epitaxial growth and metal-insulator transition of vanadium oxide thin films with controllable phases,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 101, Article ID 071902, 2012.
- P. Jin and S. Tanemura, “Formation and thermochromism of VO2 films deposited by RF magnetron sputtering at low substrate temperature,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 33, no. 3 A, pp. 1478–1483, 1994.
- S. Zhang, I. S. Kim, and L. J. Lauhon, “Stoichiometry engineering of monoclinic to rutile phase transition in suspended single crystalline vanadium dioxide nanobeams,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1443–1447, 2011.
- W. W. Li, Q. Yu, J. R. Liang et al., “Intrinsic evolutions of optical functions, band gap, and higher-energy electronic transitions in VO2 film near the metal-insulator transition region,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, no. 24, Article ID 241903, 2011.
- T. Yao, X. Zhang, Z. Sun et al., “Understanding the nature of the kinetic process in a VO2 metal-insulator transition,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 105, no. 22, Article ID 226405, 2010.