- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 261395, 10 pages
Decolorization of Methylene Blue by Ag/SrSnO3 Composites under Ultraviolet Radiation
1Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
2Department of Physics and Materials Science, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
3Materials Science Research Center, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
4Department of Materials Science and Technology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90112, Thailand
Received 22 January 2014; Revised 23 May 2014; Accepted 25 May 2014; Published 3 July 2014
Academic Editor: Tianxi Liu
Copyright © 2014 Patcharanan Junploy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Zidi, S. Omeiri, B. Hadjarab, A. Bouguelia, A. Akroun, and M. Trari, “Transport properties and photo electrochemical characterization of oxygen-deficient ASnO3-δ (A=Ca, Sr and Ba),” Physica B, vol. 405, no. 16, pp. 3355–3359, 2010.
- M. C. F. Alves, S. Boursicot, S. Ollivier et al., “Synthesis of SrSnO3 thin films by pulsed laser deposition: Influence of substrate and deposition temperature,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, no. 2, pp. 614–618, 2010.
- C. Li, Y. Zhu, S. Fang et al., “Preparation and characterization of SrSnO3 nanorods,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 72, no. 7, pp. 869–874, 2011.
- D. Chen and J. Ye, “SrSnO3 nanostructures: synthesis, characterization, and photocatalytic properties,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 18, pp. 4585–4591, 2007.
- C. W. Lee, D. W. Kim, I. S. Cho et al., “Simple synthesis and characterization of SrSnO3 nanoparticles with enhanced photocatalytic activity,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, no. 14, pp. 10557–10563, 2012.
- W. F. Zhang, J. Tang, and J. Ye, “Photoluminescence and photocatalytic properties of SrSnO3 perovskite,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 418, no. 1–3, pp. 174–178, 2006.
- H. Sinaim, A. Phuruangrat, S. Thongtem, and T. Thongtem, “Synthesis and characterization of heteronanostructured Ag nanoparticles/MoO3 nanobelts composites,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 132, no. 2-3, pp. 358–363, 2012.
- G. Li, K. Chao, C. Ye, and H. Peng, “One-step synthesis of Ag nanoparticles supported on AgVO3 nanobelts,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 4-5, pp. 735–738, 2008.
- J. Ahmed, C. K. Blakely, S. R. Bruno, and V. V. Poltavets, “Synthesis of MSnO3 (M = Ba, Sr) nanoparticles by reverse micelle method and particle size distribution analysis by whole powder pattern modeling,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 2282–2287, 2012.
- M. C. F. Alves, M. R. Nascimento, S. J. G. Lima et al., “Influence of synthesis conditions on carbonate entrapment in perovskite SrSnO3,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 118–120, 2009.
- T. Ding and J. Zhu, “Microwave heating synthesis of HgS and PbS nanocrystals in ethanol solvent,” Materials Science and Engineering B: Solid-State Materials for Advanced Technology, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 307–313, 2003.
- T. Thongtem, A. Phuruangrat, and S. Thongtem, “Characterization of nano- and micro-crystalline CdS synthesized using cyclic microwave radiation,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 69, no. 5-6, pp. 1346–1349, 2008.
- E. Kwon, H. S. Lim, Y. K. Sun, and K. D. Suh, “Improved rate capability of lithium-ion batteries with Ag nanoparticles deposited onto silicon/carbon composite microspheres as an anode material,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 237, pp. 28–33, 2013.
- Q. Liu, S. Sun, H. Li et al., “Preparation, characterization and photocatalytic activities of ZrWMoO8/Ag composites with core-shell structure,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 261, pp. 593–597, 2012.
- G. Li, H. Liu, H. Zhao et al., “Chemical assembly of TiO2 and TiO2@Ag nanoparticles on silk fiber to produce multifunctional fabrics,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 358, no. 1, pp. 307–315, 2011.
- Powder Diffract File, JCPDS-ICDD, Delaware County, Pa, USA, 2001.
- T. Theivasanthi and M. Alagar, “Electrolytic synthesis and characterization of silver nanopowder,” Nano Biomedicine and Engineering, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 58–65, 2012.
- B. Yu, K. M. Leung, Q. Guo, W. M. Lau, and J. Yang, “Synthesis of Ag-TiO2 composite nano thin film for antimicrobial application,” Nanotechnology, vol. 22, no. 11, Article ID 115603, 2011.
- S. Hu, F. Li, and Z. Fan, “A convenient method to prepare AG deposited N-TiO2 composite nanoparticles via NH3 plasma treatment,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 2309–2314, 2012.
- W. Song, Y. Wang, H. Hu, and B. Zhao, “Fabrication of surface-enhanced Raman scattering-active ZnO/Ag composite microspheres,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1320–1325, 2007.
- X. Zhu, Z. Zhang, K. Wang et al., “A facile route to mechanically durable responsive surfaces with reversible wettability switching,” New Journal of Chemistry, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1280–1284, 2012.
- M. Kwoka, L. Ottaviano, M. Passacantando, S. Santucci, G. Czempik, and J. Szuber, “XPS study of the surface chemistry of L-CVD SnO2 thin films after oxidation,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 490, no. 1, pp. 36–42, 2005.
- V. Kozhukharov, M. Machkova, P. Ivanov, H. J. M. Bouwmeester, and R. van Doorn, “Surface analysis of doped lanthanide cobalt perovskites by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 15, no. 19, pp. 1727–1729, 1996.
- P. Junploy, S. Thongtem, and T. Thongtem, “Photoabsorption and photocatalysis of SrSnO3 produced by a cyclic microwave radiation,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 57, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- K. Mollazadeh-Moghaddam, B. V. Moradi, R. Dolatabadi-Bazaz, M. Shakibae, and A. R. Shahverdi, “An enhancing effect of gold nanoparticles on the lethal action of 2450 MHz electromagnetic radiation in microwave oven,” Avicenna Journal of Medical Biotechnology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 195–200, 2011.
- S. S. Gasaymeh, S. Radiman, L. Y. Heng, E. Saion, and G. H. M. Saeed, “Synthesis and characterization of silver/polyvinilpirrolidone (Ag/PVP) nanoparticles using gamma irradiation techniques,” African Physical Review, vol. 4, pp. 31–41, 2010.
- L. S. Daniel, H. Nagai, and M. Sato, “Absorption spectra and photocurrent densities of Ag nanoparticle/TiO2 composite thin films with various amounts of Ag,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 48, no. 20, pp. 7162–7170, 2013.
- X. Yin, W. Que, D. Fei, F. Shen, and Q. Guo, “Ag nanoparticle/ZnO nanorods nanocomposites derived by a seed-mediated method and their photocatalytic properties,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 524, pp. 13–21, 2012.
- R. Chahal, S. Mahendia, A. K. Tomar, and S. Kumar, “Effect of ultraviolet irradiation on the optical and structural characteristics of in-situ prepared PVP-Ag nanocomposites,” Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 301–308, 2011.
- Q. Wang, S. Wang, W. Hang, and Q. Gong, “Optical resonant absorption and third-order nonlinearity of (Au,Ag)-TiO2 granular composite films,” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 389–391, 2005.
- S. Hu, F. Li, and Z. Fan, “Preparation of SiO2-coated TiO2 composite materials with enhanced photocatalytic activity under UV light,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1895–1899, 2012.
- C. Wu and J. Chern, “Kinetics of photocatalytic decomposition of methylene blue,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 45, no. 19, pp. 6450–6457, 2006.
- C. Yu and J. C. Yu, “Sonochemical fabrication, characterization and photocatalytic properties of Ag/ZnWO4 nanorod catalyst,” Materials Science and Engineering B: Solid-State Materials for Advanced Technology, vol. 164, no. 1, pp. 16–22, 2009.
- C. Gu, C. Cheng, H. Huang, T. Wong, N. Wang, and T. Zhang, “Growth and photocatalytic activity of dendrite-like ZnO@Ag heterostructure nanocrystals,” Crystal Growth & Design, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 3278–3285, 2009.