- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 378981, 6 pages
Numerical Procedure for Optimizing Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
1University Politehnica of Bucharest, 313 Splaiul Independentei, 060042 Bucharest, Romania
2Academy of Romanian Scientists, 54 Splaiul Independentei, 050094 Bucharest, Romania
3National Institute of Materials Physics, 105 bis Atomistilor Street, P.O. Box MG-7, 077125 Magurele, Romania
Received 23 July 2013; Revised 13 November 2013; Accepted 29 November 2013; Published 5 January 2014
Academic Editor: Hyeong-Ho Park
Copyright © 2014 Mihai Razvan Mitroi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. S. Jung and J. K. Lee, “Dye sensitized solar cells for economically viable photovoltaic systems,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 1682–1693, 2013.
- G. Conibeer, M. Green, R. Corkish et al., “Silicon nanostructures for third generation photovoltaic solar cells,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 511, pp. 654–662, 2006.
- R. R. King, D. C. Law, K. M. Edmondson et al., “40% efficient metamorphic GaInP/GaInAs/Ge multijunction solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 18, Article ID 183516, 2007.
- J. G. J. Adams, B. C. Browne, I. M. Ballard et al., “Recent results for single-junction and tandem quantum well solar cells,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 865–877, 2011.
- V. Iancu, M. R. Mitroi, A.-M. Lepadatu, I. Stavarache, and M. L. Ciurea, “Calculation of the quantum efficiency for the absorption on confinement levels in quantum dots,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1605–1612, 2011.
- B. O'Regan and M. Grätzel, “A low-cost, high-efficiency solar cell based on dye-sensitized colloidal TiO2 films,” Nature, vol. 353, no. 6346, pp. 737–740, 1991.
- A. Yella, H.-W. Lee, H. N. Tsao et al., “Porphyrin-sensitized solar cells with cobalt (II/III)-based redox electrolyte exceed 12 percent efficiency,” Science, vol. 334, no. 6056, pp. 629–634, 2011.
- M. Grätzel, “Dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 145–153, 2003.
- L. Han, A. Islam, H. Chen et al., “High-efficiency dye-sensitized solar cell with a novel co-adsorbent,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 6057–6060, 2012.
- X. Yang, M. Yanagida, and L. Y. Han, “Reliable evaluation of dye-sensitized solar cells,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 54–66, 2013.
- T. Oda, S. Tanaka, and S. Hayase, “Differences in characteristics of dye-sensitized solar cells containing acetonitrile and ionic liquid-based electrolytes studied using a novel model,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 16, pp. 2696–2709, 2006.
- J. Ferber, R. Stangl, and J. Luther, “Electrical model of the dye-sensitized solar cell,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 53, no. 1-2, pp. 29–54, 1998.
- L. Peter, “Transport, trapping and interfacial transfer of electrons in dye-sensitized nanocrystalline solar cells,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 599, no. 2, pp. 233–240, 2007.
- M. Berginc, M. Filipic, U. O. Krašovec et al., “Optical and electrical modelling and characterization of dye-sensitized solar cells,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. S425–S430, 2010.
- J. Bisquert and I. Mora-Seró, “Simulation of steady-state characteristics of dye-sensitized solar cells and the interpretation of the diffusion length,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 450–456, 2010.
- J. Halme, P. Vahermaa, K. Miettunen, and P. Lund, “Device physics of dye solar cells,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 35, pp. E210–E234, 2010.
- M. Onodera, K. Ogiya, A. Suzuki et al., “Modeling of dye-sensitized solar cells based on TiO2 electrode structure model,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 49, no. 4, Article ID 04DP10, 2010.
- L. Andrade, J. Sousa, H. Aguilar Ribeiro, and A. Mendes, “Phenomenological modeling of dye-sensitized solar cells under transient conditions,” Solar Energy, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 781–793, 2011.
- S. Wenger, M. Schmid, G. Rothenberger, A. Gentsch, M. Grätzel, and J. O. Schumacher, “Coupled optical and electronic modeling of dye-sensitized solar cells for steady-state parameter extraction,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 20, pp. 10218–10229, 2011.
- D. Gentilini, A. Gagliardi, and A. D. Carlo, “Dye solar cells efficiency maps: a parametric study,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, vol. 44, no. 3–5, pp. 155–160, 2012.
- K. Nithyanandam and R. Pitchumani, “Analysis and design of dye-sensitized solar cell,” Solar Energy, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 351–368, 2012.
- P. H. Joshi, D. P. Korfiatis, S. F. Potamianou, and K. A. Th. Thoma, “Optimum oxide thickness for dye-sensitized solar cells-effect of porosity and porous size: a numerical approach,” Ionics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 571–576, 2013.
- M. R. Mitroi and L. Fara, “Organic solar cells modeling and simulation,” in Advanced Solar Cell Materials: Technology, Modeling and Simulation, L. Fara and M. Yamaguchi, Eds., pp. 120–137, IGI Global, 2013.
- D. M. B. P. Ariyasinghe, H. M. N. Bandara, R. M. G. Rajapakse, K. Murakami, and M. Shimomura, “Improved performance of dye-sensitized solar cells using a diethyldithiocarbamate-modified TiO2 surface,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, Article ID 258581, 6 pages, 2013.
- J. S. Agnaldo, J. C. Cressoni, and G. M. Viswanathan, “Universal aspects of photocurrent-voltage characteristics in dye-sensitized nanocrystalline TiO2 photoelectrochemical cells,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 3, Article ID 035308, 2009.
- M. Grätzel, “Photoelectrochemical cells,” Nature, vol. 414, no. 6861, pp. 338–334, 2001.
- “Solving Boundary Value Problems in MathCad,” 2013, http://www.chem.mtu.edu/~tbco/cm3450/bvp.pdf.
- F. Gao, Y. Wang, D. Shi et al., “Enhance the optical absorptivity of nanocrystalline TiO2 film with high molar extinction coefficient ruthenium sensitizers for high performance dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 32, pp. 10720–10728, 2008.
- “ASTM G173-03 Reference Spectra Derived from SMARTS v. 2. 9. 2,” 2012, http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/spectra/am1.5/ASTMG173/ASTMG173.html.
- B. E. Hardin, E. T. Hoke, P. B. Armstrong et al., “Increased light harvesting in dye-sensitized solar cells with energy relay dyes,” Nature Photonics, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 406–411, 2009.
- C.-H. Lee, K.-Y. Liu, S.-H. Chang et al., “Gelation of ionic liquid with exfoliated montmorillonite nanoplatelets and its application for quasi-solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 363, no. 2, pp. 635–639, 2011.
- T. Dittrich, A. Ofir, S. Tirosh, L. Grinis, and A. Zaban, “Influence of the porosity on diffusion and lifetime in porous TiO2 layers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 18, Article ID 182110, 2006.