- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 487343, 7 pages
Effects of Additives on Weather-Resistance Properties of Polyurethane Films Exposed to Ultraviolet Radiation and Ozone Atmosphere
1Hebei Key Laboratory of Applied Chemistry, College of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao 066004, China
2School of Aeronautic Science and Engineering, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing 10091, China
Received 20 June 2013; Revised 3 December 2013; Accepted 3 December 2013; Published 5 January 2014
Academic Editor: Tifeng Jiao
Copyright © 2014 Haiyan Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Boubakri, N. Guermazi, K. Elleuch, and H. F. Ayedi, “Study of UV-aging of thermoplastic polyurethane material,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 527, no. 7-8, pp. 1649–1654, 2010.
- D. Rosu, L. Rosu, and C. N. Cascaval, “IR-change and yellowing of polyurethane as a result of UV irradiation,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 591–596, 2009.
- R. P. Singh, N. S. Tomer, and S. V. Bhadraiah, “Photo-oxidation studies on polyurethane coating: effect of additives on yellowing of polyurethane,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 443–446, 2001.
- H. Zhai and A. Euler, “Material challenges for lighter-than-air systems in high altitude applications,” in Proceedings of the AIAA 5th Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations (ATIO) Conference: AIAA 16th Lighter-than-Air Systems Technology Conference and Balloon Systems Conference, S. Danielle, Ed., pp. 26–28, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Virginia, Va, USA, 2005.
- A. Boubakri, N. Haddar, K. Elleuch, and Y. Bienvenu, “Impact of aging conditions on mechanical properties of thermoplastic polyurethane,” Materials and Design, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 4194–4201, 2010.
- M. Rashvand, Z. Ranjbar, and S. Rastegar, “Nano zinc oxide as a UV-stabilizer for aromatic polyurethane coatings,” Progress in Organic Coatings, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 362–368, 2011.
- M. E. Nichols and J. L. Gerlock, “Rates of photooxidation induced crosslinking and chain scission in thermoset polymer coatings. II. Effect of hindered amine light stabilizer and ultraviolet light absorber additives,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 197–207, 2000.
- H. Jia, H. Wang, and W. Chen, “The combination effect of hindered amine light stabilizers with UV absorbers on the radiation resistance of polypropylene,” Radiation Physics and Chemistry, vol. 76, no. 7, pp. 1179–1188, 2007.
- J. Salla, K. K. Pandey, and K. Srinivas, “Improvement of UV resistance of wood surfaces by using ZnO nanoparticles,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 592–596, 2012.
- A. Saadat-Monfared, M. Mohseni, and M. Hashemi Tabatabaei, “Polyurethane nanocomposite films containing nanocerium oxide as UV absorber, part 1: static and dynamic light scattering, small angle neutron scattering and optical studies,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 408, pp. 64–70, 2012.
- C. S. Schollenberger and F. D. Stewart, “Thermoplastic urethane structure and ultraviolet stability,” Journal of Elastomers and Plastics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 294–331, 1972.