- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 529629, 6 pages
ZnTe Semiconductor-Polymer Gel Composited Electrolyte for Conversion of Solar Energy
1Department of Physics and Materials Science, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
2Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
3Materials Science Research Center, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Received 22 May 2013; Accepted 17 September 2013; Published 8 January 2014
Academic Editor: Christopher L. Kitchens
Copyright © 2014 Wonchai Promnopas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. O’Regan and M. Grätzel, “A low-cost, high-efficiency solar cell based on sensitized colloidal TiO2 films,” Nature, vol. 353, pp. 737–740, 1991.
- M. Grätzel, “Photoelectrochemical cells,” Nature, vol. 414, pp. 338–344, 2001.
- M. Grätzel, “Dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 145–153, 2003.
- M. Grätzel, “Conversion of sunlight to electric power by nanocrystalline dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 164, no. 1–3, pp. 3–14, 2004.
- A. Hagfeldt, G. Boschloo, L. Sun, L. Kloo, and H. Pettersson, “Dye-sensitized solar cells,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 110, no. 11, pp. 6595–6663, 2010.
- B. O'Regan, F. Lenzmann, R. Muis, and J. Wienke, “A solid-state dye-sensitized solar cell fabricated with pressure-treated P25-TiO2 and CuSCN: analysis of pore filling and IV characteristics,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 5023–5029, 2002.
- K. Murakoshi, R. Kogure, Y. Wada, and S. Yanagida, “Fabrication of solid-state dye-sensitized TiO2 solar cells combined with polypyrrole,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 55, no. 1-2, pp. 113–125, 1998.
- J. Hagen, W. Schaffrath, P. Otschik et al., “Novel hybrid solar cells consisting of inorganic nanoparticles and an organic hole transport material,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 215–220, 1997.
- D. Wei, P. Andrew, and T. Ryhänen, “Electrochemical photovoltaic cells-review of recent developments,” Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, vol. 85, no. 12, pp. 1547–1552, 2010.
- J. Wu, Z. Lan, S. Hao et al., “Progress on the electrolytes for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 80, no. 11, pp. 2241–2258, 2008.
- B. Li, L. Wang, B. Kang, P. Wang, and Y. Qiu, “Review of recent progress in solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 549–573, 2006.
- L. Yang, Z. Zhang, S. Fang, X. Gao, and M. Obata, “Influence of the preparation conditions of TiO2 electrodes on the performance of solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells with CuI as a hole collector,” Solar Energy, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 717–722, 2007.
- E. V. A. Premalal, N. Dematage, G. R. R. A. Kumara et al., “Preparation of structurally modified, conductivity enhanced-p-CuSCN and its application in dye-sensitized solid-state solar cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 203, pp. 288–296, 2012.
- Y. Ni, Z. Jin, K. Yu, Y. Fu, T. Liu, and T. Wang, “Electrochemical deposition characteristics of p-CuSCN on n-ZnO rod arrays films,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 20, pp. 6048–6054, 2008.
- C.-Y. Hsu, W.-T. Chen, Y.-C. Chen et al., “Charge transporting enhancement of NiO photocathodes for p-type dye-sensitized solar cells,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 66, pp. 210–215, 2012.
- Y.-M. Lee and C.-H. Lai, “Preparation and characterization of solid n-TiO2/p-NiO hetrojunction electrodes for all-solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 1116–1125, 2009.
- J. H. Rhee, Y. H. Lee, P. Bera, and S. I. Seok, “Cu2S-deposited mesoporous NiO photocathode for a solar cell,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 477, no. 4–6, pp. 345–348, 2009.
- M. Song, J. S. Park, Y. H. Kim et al., “Synthesis and characterization of polymer electrolytes containing phenothiazine-based click polymers for dye-sensitized solar cell applications,” Macromolecular Research, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 654–659, 2011.
- M.-S. Kang, K.-S. Ahn, and J.-W. Lee, “Quasi-solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells employing ternary component polymer-gel electrolytes,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 180, no. 2, pp. 896–901, 2008.
- Powder Diffract. File, JCPDS-ICDD, 12 Campus Boulevard, Newtown Square, PA 19073-3273, USA, 2001.
- T. Suriwong, S. Thongtem, and T. Thongtem, “Solid-state synthesis of cubic ZnTe nanocrystals using a microwave plasma,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 24-25, pp. 2103–2106, 2009.
- Q. Meng, C. Jiang, and S. X. Mao, “Temperature-dependent growth of zinc-blende-structured ZnTe nanostructures,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 310, no. 20, pp. 4481–4486, 2008.
- S. H. Lee, Y. J. Kim, and J. Park, “Shape evolution of ZnTe nanocrystals: nanoflowers, nanodots, and nanorods,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 19, pp. 4670–4675, 2007.
- J. Gong, J. Liang, and K. Sumathy, “Review on dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs): fundamental concepts and novel materials,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 16, pp. 5848–5860, 2012.
- J. Chen, T. Peng, K. Fan, R. Li, and J. Xia, “Optimization of plastic crystal ionic liquid electrolyte for solid-state dye-sensitized solar cell,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 94, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- J. E. Benedetti, A. A. Corrêa, M. Carmello, L. C. P. Almeida, A. S. Gonalves, and A. F. Nogueira, “Cross-linked gel polymer electrolyte containing multi-wall carbon nanotubes for application in dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 208, pp. 263–270, 2012.
- I. Chung, B. Lee, J. He, R. P. H. Chang, and M. G. Kanatzidis, “All-solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells with high efficiency,” Nature, vol. 485, pp. 486–490, 2012.
- F. Odobel, Y. Pellegrin, E. A. Gibson, A. Hagfeldt, A. L. Smeigh, and L. Hammarström, “Recent advances and future directions to optimize the performances of p-type dye-sensitized solar cells,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 256, pp. 2414–2423, 2012.
- F. Bella and R. Bongiovanni, “Photoinduced polymerization: an innovative, powerful and environmentally friendly technique for the preparation of polymer electrolytes for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C, vol. 16, pp. 1–21, 2013.
- N. Khongchareon, S. Choopun, N. Hongsith, A. Gardchareon, S. Phadungdhitidhada, and D. Wongratanaphisan, “Influence of carbon nanotubes in gel electrolyte on photovoltaic performance of ZnO dye-sensitized solar cells,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 106, pp. 195–200, 2013.
- J. H. Kim, Y. S. Chi, and T. J. Kang, “Optimization of quasi-solid-state dye-sensitized photovoltaic fibers using porous polymer electrolyte membranes,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 229, pp. 84–94, 2013.
- G. R. A. Kumara, J. K. Tiskumara, C. S. K. Ranasinghe, et al., “Efficient solid-state dye-sensitized n-ZnO/D-358 dye/p-CuI solar cell,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 94, pp. 34–37, 2013.